Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My sirius thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 356

My sirius thoughts

Nov 26, 2014, 9:58 PM

There's a lot hinging on this game and I hope the team isn't reading these boreds. It would make them feel the pressure that is going through the Clemson faithful right now. I want them to be loose and play lights out without worrying about screwing up something. As I think about it, I think the game hinges on one thing. Who plays at QB? I know we've all discussed it but there's no doubt in my mind that it's a big issue. With DW we have an electric, confident offense that I honestly think is every bit as good as what we had last year with Tajh, Sammy and Martavius. With Cole our play calling is very conservative. We don't play to win, we play not to lose. You don't win many games that way. Someone posted stats earlier today which said that with DW we're a 7 point favorite and with Cole we're a 3 point underdog. I see it as a bigger difference than that. I honestly think that, without our offense's help, USuC puts up 17-21 on us. They've got a good offense but haven't played a defense as good as ours yet. DW can light up the field and he'll put up more than that on them. Cole's offense is anemic and I only hope that he can keep from turning the ball over. I have more faith in our defense and special teams scoring than our offense. (See the Louisville game for an example.)

If Cole plays I hope he plays the game of his life. But I won't be expecting a win. If DW plays I expect an easy win. I could be wrong, but I'm really hoping for DW to play. Otherwise at gametime I'll have a sense of dread in my stomach. I now lift my Thanksgiving Eve beer and toast to #66.

In deepest regards,

Gordita

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 356
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic