Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some words of advice from a Clemson fan.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,375

Some words of advice from a Clemson fan.

Nov 26, 2014, 11:09 AM

-For Dabo: Start Cole and have DW ready. I would feel better if we had to go to DW in an emergency rather than going to Cole in an emergency. Cole is probably fine against the coot D.
-For Chad: Run Dye, Run Gallman, Run Dye, Run Gallman, slip in a pass, Run Dye, Run Gallman... Rinse. Repeat. You do not have to get cute with this D. Ground and pound. If that works, DO NOT STOP!!!
-For Cole: Coots cannot get pressure without blitzing. Thus be ready with some hot reads. Look for blitzes from exotic places, like CB or S. They will be coming.
-For DW: Ditto from Cole's message. *Protect yourself!!! These scums will try to take you out!!! Get rid of the ball & torch them.
-For the D: If we happen to turn the ball over (we've done it the last 5 years and the last several games), the OBS will take a shot downfield 95% of the time! BE READY!!! I have seen him do it over and over and over throughout the years and I'm still surprised it works as much as it does.
-Also for the D: Contain the Egyptian Cooper. He is their only real weapon. He will do a lot of different things. Cover him!!!
-For the Team and Coaches: You put in a countdown clock for this game, make sure you finish the job! There are no excuses. This is a bad SCar team, they should be humbled!!! Please Do not let us down again. Just Win!!! The fun is in the winning!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excelllent advice- HAPPY THANKSGIVING & GO TIGERS***

Nov 26, 2014, 11:24 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it.***

Nov 26, 2014, 11:26 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some words of advice from a Clemson fan.

Nov 26, 2014, 11:28 AM

BigTiger: And thar she goes!!!You hit it out of the park!!!Tigers 38, Coots 10

This is a bad coot team, and there is no excuse for

Nov 26, 2014, 11:40 AM

losing to them.

I say play Watson as much as you can if he is anywhere close to 100%.

Spot on with everything else.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: This is a bad coot team, and there is no excuse for

Nov 26, 2014, 11:47 AM

I know what you are saying but I think of worse case scenarios. In my mind, if you start Cole and he gets the job done, we're good. If he gets flakey, I feel better bringing in DW to save us. I think he could do it. If we start DW and he gets hurt early (like the GT game) there will be a big let down with the team and fans. I do not like bringing Cole in to save the day. That is why I would start with Cole.

There will always be a worst case scenario, no matter

Nov 26, 2014, 12:34 PM

if he's 100% or not. Don't play scared.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more thing. Defer the kick! Our D is our strength,

Nov 26, 2014, 11:40 AM

set the tone on D and get a stop. Then get good field position and set up a good drive. Then you get the ball first in the second half. I never understand taking the ball first.

My game plan is similar but not exactly the same.

Nov 26, 2014, 11:48 AM

1. Watson in the gun, option read
2. Watson in the gun, option pass to Sam Cooper
3 Watson in the gun, QB draw for

Mix and match passes all over the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outstanding advice - I'm with you 100%!!!!!!

Nov 26, 2014, 11:54 AM

I'll add - don't worry so much about home run balls much as just moving the chains and getting first downs. I want to see their D gassed at the end of the game so we can run it down their throats with a double digit lead!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some words of advice from a Clemson fan.

Nov 26, 2014, 12:31 PM

So if we're picking up huge chunks of yards on our opening drive and we're about to score, do you not think we should have a receiver pass the ball into the endzone? What? I don't understand this thinking.

Nope. RB pass, it will give them the confuse***

Nov 26, 2014, 12:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one correction if cole starts, hand offs only***

Nov 26, 2014, 1:11 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,375
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic