Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can you TRUST them saturday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 853

Can you TRUST them saturday?

Nov 26, 2014, 10:50 AM

I think for the most part everyone will bring their A game

But there are clearly a few people that just not sure if they can be trusted in crunch time:

* Cole = pretty obvious. well documented. stinks b/c if its him, he handles the ball every offensive play. a lot of difficulty making 2nd and 3rd reads. eyes down receivers. no confidence to throw it past 7 yards from the LOS. takes sacks.

* Humphries = thought it was done with, but the WF fumble just brought back bad memories from last year. just don't know that he won't cough it up again when the moment gets too big

* Lakip = again, thought the early season stuff was over, but that 4 th Q miss AGAINST GEORGIA STATE was actually huge. very makeable FG at home in a non pressure setting. don't think it was random. this guy really is all or none. appreciate catman more than every before

* Norton = inside the red zone + shot gun snaps for norton been a disaster.

* The Chad = don't think he knows what he wants to do with the offense. We've made BAD defenses look really really good. G tech ? Wake ? even Ga St. ? throw syracuse in there. O Line has to dominate to give dye huge holes to take all the pressure off Cole and subsequently Chad playcalling. Haven't seen that all year.

Each one of these gonna play a major role in the outcome of Saturday's game. One missed kick, one snap, one muffed punt, bubble screen mania with conservative offense 101.

Hopefully wrong about all these guys and they play - coach their best games of the year.

People always say one player or play didn't lose (or win) the game, but think about it, maybe they do. Hope these guys STEP up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really like Chad Morris a lot but it is time he shows that

Nov 26, 2014, 11:05 AM

he can scheme against these guys and Venables better be able to match wits with the old ball sac because he gets his kicks outta games like this and with them sucking so bad this year he will want to pull one out of his visor to salvage the season lost.

Re: Can you TRUST them saturday?

Nov 26, 2014, 11:08 AM

What field goal kicker isn't all or none? I mean the kick either goes in or it doesn't...there's no other result possible. If you're implying that a missed fg against GA State means he will definitely miss every kick this weekend...dats dumb yo.

there is so much that go wrong on that play, it is a lot

Nov 26, 2014, 11:15 AM

like a golf swing----many things have to be done correctly. I used to hold on xtra points and FG's, people may not realize what all goes into that job until they've done it. Don't let that pressure bother ya...lol

I agree, I'm incouraged by the fact that lately when he

Nov 26, 2014, 11:21 AM

misses, he misses close and the ball is hit well. In the Ga game, that shank brought back bad nightmares of Jad Deans Sr year! Hill kicks all seem to be well hit, straight or not depends on a lot of things including the hold being right.

Re: Can you TRUST them saturday?

Nov 26, 2014, 11:37 AM

I am concerned with these very same things. The coaches say the key is protecting the fb and I do agree. However, I think the biggest key is handling adversity and not getting cute on offense. We have had a rash of turnovers lately and we overcame them (other than the GT game). If we turn it over, buckle down, hold them to a fg try. On offense, if we can run the ball, DO NOT STOP! Run it down their beaks all day long.

Replies: 5
| visibility 853
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic