Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So listened to Columbia talk radio on drive home today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,880

So listened to Columbia talk radio on drive home today.

Nov 26, 2014, 12:04 AM

They actually had, I guess a former player, and one of the hosts discussing how losing this year...then winning 5 in a row again would be 'better' or show their 'dominance' moreso than just winning this weekend and continuing to do so.

I kept waiting for some 'we're joking' tossed out there, but they were dead serious. Somehow "if they were to let Clemson win" it would actually make their run better by losing Saturday.

Just when you think they can't get any dumber.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Coot logic.***

Nov 26, 2014, 12:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

That makes my brain hurt trying to stoop to their logic...***

Nov 26, 2014, 12:12 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have to start making excuses now that they see deshaun

Nov 26, 2014, 12:50 AM

watson is making his return at home against them. How hilarious would it be if they really go with that after we beat them then immediately after that hang 5 more years on them getting 6 in a row on them just to 1 up them once again as we always have. I'm sure they'll all be panther fans by the 4th

Re: So listened to Columbia talk radio on drive home today.

Nov 26, 2014, 1:07 AM

Sounds like they're already planning a way to rationalize a loss. I guess they see one coming....

To be fair to Reynolds and Gunter, they've both said

Nov 26, 2014, 1:51 AM

SC probably loses multiple times this year.

They might be SC "fans", but they're pretty realistic and unbiased. I actually enjoy their show, which is rare in Columbia. They have the second best show in Columbia behind Clemson Sports Talk IMO.

And I understood their point. It just wasn't explained well enough.

Re: To be fair to Reynolds and Gunter, they've both said

Nov 26, 2014, 2:33 AM

Realistic, yes on most days; unbiased, not a chance. They are all sec homers to a fault and always will be. I worked there for far more than a few years, even back to before the FM station went on air and they were another iteration on an AM station. And if this point was trying to be made after 4pm, that's an egghead of an insufferable sort second only by the slimmest of margins to the noon guys. The morning show is the best of the bunch at being realistic and unbiased.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're a fan of a team, there's always going to be a

Nov 26, 2014, 2:50 AM

certain level of bias.

R&G does a pretty good job of not letting it cloud their judgement.

Re: If you're a fan of a team, there's always going to be a

Nov 26, 2014, 2:56 AM

My apologies if u were hit referring to the guys on The Game... I don't know who R&G are.... lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you're a fan of a team, there's always going to be a

Nov 26, 2014, 2:58 AM [ in reply to If you're a fan of a team, there's always going to be a ]

"not", not hit...

How do you better explain...

Nov 26, 2014, 8:20 AM [ in reply to To be fair to Reynolds and Gunter, they've both said ]

...losing once helping you be the more "dominant" program in the state?

LOL..they're comical, I'll give them that. However the IQ of the hosts and guest call in guy couldn't have been over 60.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: How do you better explain...

Nov 26, 2014, 11:31 AM

What they said was that they know they aren't going to just win every year, that eventually the streak is going to end. Then they went on to say how heartbreaking it would be for us to end the streak this year and get a false sense of confidence, only to have them rattle off another 5 in a row.

Which..it would be.

Idiotic

Nov 27, 2014, 7:55 AM

Bring 1 and 10 is better than 0 and 11. Anyone who suggests otherwise is kidding themselves, and just dreaming and rationalizing as it's not going to happen.

Typical moron coots.***

Nov 26, 2014, 8:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,880
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic