Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can see going after an injured hand or rib
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,848

I can see going after an injured hand or rib

Nov 25, 2014, 11:08 PM

but if a team goes after an injured knee, they are the very definition of classless ######. That is way out of bounds to go after someones knee that could end their careers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll just say the same thing Swearinger says...

Nov 25, 2014, 11:15 PM

they've got to go for the legs because of the new rules...

They'll have to play offense too. ### for tat if it were me...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can see going after an injured hand or rib

Nov 25, 2014, 11:19 PM

That's football son. Are you saying if we injure that virgin boy Thompson early in the game, were not going to attack his injury? Don't be naive.

To me, it's called having an assassins mentality. We need one.

You don't go after guys knees

Nov 25, 2014, 11:25 PM

tearing a knee up and destroy your career. Don't mind other injuries, but going after a guys knees are classless. Make sure they know, if they come after our guys knees, then it's open season

Re: You don't go after guys knees

Nov 25, 2014, 11:30 PM

Only our sisters in Atlanta can get away with that....
I hate it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

null

Nov 25, 2014, 11:33 PM

That's different. That's an offensive line blocking technique that's been around forever. Dirty or not, it's permitted. Just like tackling somebody at the knees.

Nov 25, 2014, 11:37 PM

I would think over the season, they hurt
half the knees/ankles in the ACC.

null

Football is a violent sport where unintentional injuries

Nov 26, 2014, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: I can see going after an injured hand or rib ]

can occur at any time...but to intentionally blow someone's knees out and you think that's ok? It's not. If Lattimore came back and was able to return to football, I wouldn't care if it was a Clemson player or not...if they went after his knee, I'd have no respect for them. It's different when it's unintentional...but a purposeful shot to blow a knee? No, that isn't football...no more than just slugging a player in the face or poking their eyes at the bottom of scrum. So are we actively supporting the idea of taking some of our best players out of the game with season/career ending injuries? That hurts everyone...the sport in general too.

Re: Football is a violent sport where unintentional injuries

Nov 26, 2014, 12:55 AM

My god man you just compared hitting somebody in the knee to punching somebody in the face and poking somebody in the eyes. Get a grip. Did I say it was ok? No. I said it's allowed and it happens. What you just said we'll get you kicked out of the game.

News flash: coots are going to try and take DW out of the game by aiming at his knee because that gives them the best chance to win. This isn't pop warner, it's a hated rivalry. Stop being soft man. I'm sorry if that doesn't sit well with you but it happens all the time.

Lattimore never played with a knee injury. He was inured, sat out a year, was injured the following year, and hasn't played since. This isn't your grandsons high school team.

Nov 26, 2014, 8:19 AM

Just curious..........where do all these rumors come from that SC is going to go after Watson's knees? Some idiot posts it as a "what if" and all the sudden it's taken legs and become urban legend. Hate SC all you want, but Spurrier does not coach that way and neither does the DC. If Watson plays, he will be hit (well, maybe not by our defense:)

The only response is to let the punches fly

Nov 26, 2014, 10:55 AM

We CANNOT have what happened to Andre Ellington happen again on Saturday. Maybe Isiah Battle can put his physicality to good use and knock somebody in the mouth if they step out of line.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I love this place. I’ve got a spot already picked out where I want ‘em to put me when I die…up there on there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays. Then I wont have to go to heaven. I’ll already be there.”-Frank Howard

Exactly what I was thinking ****

Nov 26, 2014, 11:01 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 26, 2014, 10:56 AM

I'm not sure where all this talk is coming from, but honestly, if a player is that vulnerable, he shouldn't be playing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,848
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic