Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It matters to me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 423

It matters to me

Nov 25, 2014, 7:17 PM

Sometimes we get caught up in the " it's just a game "...

NO. It matters to me. I stand proudly and say it means something to me. We live in this state. We see our neighbors, our co-workers our friends etc.. It is 365 days a year. To be exact, it's been 5 years.

For the first time in those 5 years I see something different in the players. I see in the interviews the hunger. It's been awhile since I've seen that vs the coots. I love our players but I have questioned at times " does it matter " to them like it does you and I. Here is reality, those of us who were born and raised here in South Carolina understand this thing much more then some of the coaches and players ( ones born out of state )

It matters to me....365 days a year it matters to me.

I have met Dabo 3 times.

First time in 2009 before this streak started. We were on the verge of winning the Atlantic and going to the ACC championship for the first time it what seemed like a million years. I said Dabo, you are doing a great job ( as I held my son )....But please whatever you do, beat those gamecocks. And to be honest with you he smiled and said, yes.... we plan on it. But he said it with no conviction in his voice. Look it's easy to tell when someone is saying and believing in something....and then it's easy to hear the desperation in someones voice when you can tell they mean it. I didn't feel it that day.

Second time I got to meet him I said, Coach....you are doing great. But please beat those gamecocks. He smiled again and said pretty much the same thing but with a little more desperation in his voice...I thought to myself, well...maybe, it's hit him.

The third time I met him was recently.... I said coach, you are doing a great job... But please beat the gamecocks......This time. He looked me straight in the eyes and said, I understand....We will do our best. But this time, with conviction in his voice and focus.

I say all that to say this.... I think he gets it now. I know some of you will say that's silly... he has always " got it "....I say no, I think he gets it now.

GO Tigers.....BEAT THEM GAMECOCKS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 423
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic