Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Keep them Confused
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 537

Keep them Confused

Nov 24, 2014, 5:44 PM

Lets keep usc confused on who the QB will be on Saturday. Their defense is really bad, imagine trying to come up with a plan for both Cole and Watson and practice it. Cannot prepare for either. Even coach spineless had no idea of what to do or say.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep them Confused

Nov 24, 2014, 5:57 PM

it is the same offense, Watson just runs it better and throws the deep ball better. however he has not been able to practice or play much because of the injuries and probably will a bit rusty because of it. I don't think the coots will have to change much as far as practice time goes because they are very young and inexperienced and not very good in the secondary. I think the question will be how much running and cutting will Watson be able to do on the injured knee. if he is able to play and move any at all we should win by 14 or more imo. if he is not able to play our chance to win decrease a good bit. I think Watson will play though and I am glad he was not hurt seriously.

That's what I'd call really realistic. +1***

Nov 24, 2014, 5:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep them Confused

Nov 24, 2014, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Keep them Confused ]

Appreciate the concern for Watson. However, Clemson does not run the same package, or at least the same rhythm.

For Cole, it is quick passes to the side, slants across the middle, and few running plays for the QB. A couple of deep passes.

For Watson, a lot more QB running plays are called, as well as deeper sideline patterns. The defense cannot spread out as much to cover corners with Watson as Cole. That just mentions a few. Even what the defense will key off on will be different.

The number of running plays will be greater with Cole in the game rather than Watson. That is what I mean when I say two different plans to scheme for.

Replies: 3
| visibility 537
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic