Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cola media this am: Clemson crowd at noon not that tough
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Cola media this am: Clemson crowd at noon not that tough

Nov 24, 2014, 7:59 AM

On WLTX-TV, this morning, Bob Shields, simulcasting with 107.5, said the noon game was a big plus for Carolina. Said nighttime at Clemson is tough, including the crowd then is "lubricated up." Noon won't be as near as bad for noise, etc, he said. Sounds like an insult and challenge to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He learned nothing from Petrino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Nov 24, 2014, 8:02 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah totally... when we played Auburn at noon in 2011,

Nov 24, 2014, 8:03 AM

that crowd was totally dead... not. smh

Re: Oh yeah totally... when we played Auburn at noon in 2011,

Nov 24, 2014, 8:08 AM

Clemson fans and our atmosphere confuses them . There is no loud , abrasive idiocy at every tailgate spot , no need for a tetanus shot tent to be propped up , no sound reflection off of warehouse walls and train cars. When Coots come to Clemson , they get a face full of elegance and class , which causes them the need to lie down .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Most Clemson folks I know in the Columbia area learned

Nov 24, 2014, 8:06 AM

long ago to wear rain slickers with face masks this time of year.

Keeps the spitting and drool spewing from drenching clothing...especially from some of the more strident "Gamecock" media types. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cola media this am: Clemson crowd at noon not that tough

Nov 24, 2014, 8:09 AM

Do these lowlife, low class media wannabes in Cootville not understand that Clemson fans are watching? We are also buying or not buying the products and services they advertise on their station. I wonder if the Greenville stations are as biased as the Cootville a$$holes are?

Led by no less than the stalwarts at "The State," the

Nov 24, 2014, 8:23 AM

media types here jumped feet first onto the Carolina bandwagon, once they started winning big.

Probably, shouldn't blame them much....Just too many Gamecock fan owned businesses, and the battles for ad revenue are epic. Funny thing is I don't think any of them really understand just how many Clemson grads and fans live in the Midlands, most of all of whom proudly fly the Paw and wear the Orange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cola media stunningly biased. GSP = very, very little

Nov 24, 2014, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Cola media this am: Clemson crowd at noon not that tough ]

Sitting between Columbia and Greenville, we get TV from both. For WYFF and WSPA in GSP, Clemson bias is Clemson is usually the lead sports story. Coverage is objective.

For Columbia media, it's a complete and total sellout to Carolina. Booster-club TV, radio and print.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cola media stunningly biased. GSP = very, very little

Nov 24, 2014, 8:36 AM

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!! that why I just no longer watch WIS/Tv and do not take that rag the state!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 8:12 AM

Its gonna be loud period .. ill stop yelling when when the garbage is walking out !!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really don't think noise is really ever a big factor

Nov 24, 2014, 8:41 AM

whether it's at Clemson or UCS for this game. At least not like other games. The crowd split is probably along the lines of 70/30 or 65/35 for these games because of all the split families, business access to tickets, etc. whereas when someone like FSU, Miami or Louisville comes to CU or some SEC team goes to UCS the crowd split is going to be about 85/15 or 90/10 % wise

Re: I really don't think noise is really ever a big factor

Nov 24, 2014, 8:52 AM

very good points, and correct. Home field advantage for this game doesn't seem quite as much as others. That being said, would rather play at home none the less.

Cola media is rediculously biased and unobjective.***

Nov 24, 2014, 8:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 24, 2014, 9:14 AM

I live in Columbia and have a home at the beach and when I am there I watch the MB, Charleston and Florence stations and they are all very objective. When I am in Columnia, I just don't watch local TV, they all stink...very much up Slurrier's ####. That's the only reason I like Ron Morris because he gets under the OBS's drunk skin!

Nov 24, 2014, 9:18 AM

The past few home games against the chickens we have not made enough noise. Two years ago it was embarrassing.

This game needs to be Scar 80, Ga 81, Miami, Auburn, Louisville, loud! Noise was the difference in the Louisville game this year. With or without Watson we must do our part! It is our house and we must rule it right from the minute the Tigers get to the top of the Hill. I mean Death Valley crazy loud!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic