Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do multiple people keep saying...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,769

Why do multiple people keep saying...

Nov 24, 2014, 12:28 AM

Cole will be the starter...?
He's not the starter. If Deshaun is cleared, why would they start Cole?

Don't tell me there's been another press conference I don't know about where coaches have led people to believe they either (a)don't think Deshaun will be ready or (b)favor Cole over Deshaun. Last I heard, he was doing great.

Have I missed something?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do multiple people keep saying...

Nov 24, 2014, 12:30 AM

I think some people want to start Cole to make sure DW heals 100%.

Thing is, if he is cleared, he's going to start. End of story.

Most players at this time are not 100% Alot of players are playing hurt.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Nov 24, 2014, 12:37 AM

But that doesn't make sense, really. Any player could get injured at any given time. He was injured on a no-contact play at GT! I have questioned some of our coaches decision-making lately but I would NEVER pardon them sitting a cleared Deshaun for this game because they're afraid he will "re-injure" himself. Nonsense. his knee "sprain" is so minor that he is already going to practice with the team. Put a
brace on that thing and bring us a win!

Nov 24, 2014, 1:09 AM

It will come down to whether or not he is able to make the stops and cuts they need for him to make. 100% or not, if he isn't mobile enough, you are basically putting Cole-like QB out there anyway (a kid with no wheels.) I will tell you it was good seeing what I saw out of #23 Saturday.

Nov 24, 2014, 1:19 AM

Again...not to 'shoot the messenger' here, but that would be a poor decision with a sorry reason behind it.

"we will start Cole because Deshaun's knee is still sore and he can't make all the superman cuts we need him to make." DUMB DUMB DUMB. Put your dang RB's in and let Deshaun stay in the pocket!!!! This is not rocket science!

Nov 24, 2014, 1:42 AM

He should have stayed in the pocket anyway. I've said this 1000 times, his ARM is what will beat you. I know Morris' scheme is to have a mobile QB..but geez, let him run when he has to as a freshman, get him stronger in the off season, and THEN design runs for him. He's a kid, he'll grow.

Nov 24, 2014, 6:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do multiple people keep saying... ]

Its not as simple as you seem to think it is. He still needs a good knee even if he just stays in the pocket and throws. By the way, if you haven't noticed. The O Line doesn't provide much of a pocket, so yes he will need to be ready to cut and move, just to make throws.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do multiple people keep saying... ]

But the offense is built around the QB being a factor. Makes defenses play 11 on 11. If you put a guy who knows he can run well but also know he can't make his usual "Magic" you are crippling him and his confidence. Also, if you want to just put a RB back there and he can run the ball, then you are basically implying "let do what we did Saturday!" Who started at QB Saturday? Case close...I would rather have "effective Deshaun" rather than "Deshaun, because everyone says 'he needs to play because he hasn't torn or broken anything'"

They won't sit him if he can play.

Nov 24, 2014, 1:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do multiple people keep saying... ]

Believe me, as soon as the doctors LOOK like they're about to say he's cleared, he's in the shotgun reading defenses. You can count on that.

Nov 24, 2014, 5:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do multiple people keep saying... ]

prettypaw616, google "bone bruise" and get informed instead of just babbling on!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 6:14 AM

You are correct, a little information goes a long way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh because he might not recover and be cleared in time..

Nov 24, 2014, 5:50 AM

Personally, I think he will play.. I just hope he's legitimately ready for it if he does. Not worth getting him injured worse, even if it would somehow guarantee a win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 7:20 AM

The advantage DW gives us is not his arm; it's his feet. The threat of a running qb requires the defense to keep more guys "in the box;" which gives our receivers a huge advantage. As such, if DW can't run and make the cuts he needs to make he will not play; and shouldn't. He holds the keys to a successful "offense" next season so it would be foolish to risk serious injury because he's not as mobile as he needs to be. Sometimes you have to look at the "big picture." Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 7:29 AM

a lot of coots on this thread do not want him to start ! He has been cleared to play as he is in a green jersey. Not to get him injured during practice. DW will play. He has that strong arm that will make scar have to respect the deep pass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,769
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic