Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've been critical of Cole's play this year BUT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 961

I've been critical of Cole's play this year BUT

Nov 23, 2014, 10:17 PM

It is very possible he will get the nod Saturday and I want to see him do well.

If I am Chad Morris and Dabo Swinney I immediately cease and desist with public notifications that Cole has a fragile ego that needs nurturing. Does anyone really think it helps the guy's psyche to have the coaches keep talking about how he needs to propped up?

Then I tell Cole and Deshaun that we are planning one game plan - an aggressive one - for SC and it is the game plan that we will use for whoever gets the nod - "because we know that either of you can run whatever we call."

If Cole starts - SC will likely tighten their safeties and play one on one at CB. Their CB/Safeties will expect a bunch of WR screens and Dye pounding it up the middle. What they would not expect is things like Cole rolling out and look for crossing TEs, faking WR screens and hitting backside posts or using the downfield passing game to set up the inside running game.

In addition - I'd push both QBS to go fast in practice - faster than we have run the offense all season. I'd shoot for 90 plays. Cole seems to better when he is running the 2 min drill and I'd run it from 1st possession.

I think that is how you help Cole's confidence - not by calling safe plays that you think he can run - but by saying "Cole - we trust you to run it all. We are holding nothing back. Now go out there at break this streak".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd start Cole.

Nov 23, 2014, 10:21 PM

I'd pull him sometimes when he was doing well and insert DW at QB. The crowd would cheer for DW entrance and Cole's exit. That would kill two birds with one stone.

Cole would finish the game only if and when we needed a cleanup man and might get the final cheer.

Goodbye Cole, the memories will live in my heart until I die.

MAKE THAT 'THREE BIRDS!'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Nov 23, 2014, 10:21 PM

Good post

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been critical of Cole's play this year BUT

Nov 23, 2014, 11:48 PM

Well thought out, and I certainly like the running the HUNH offense. We
are much better when we go very fast, and it seems to help Cole most.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been really puzzling how we seem to keep the tempo

Nov 24, 2014, 12:30 AM

dialed down so much. I haven't really understood that - we're built around speed and our offense, with and without Cole, looks much better when we're lining up quick and getting plays off at a healthy clip. It seems like we move the ball much better when we're in the true HUNH. Would love to see us actually go that route from the get go and not let up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 961
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic