Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In 1980 CU/SC game did Clemson start the uni rage we see today with ALL Orange?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

In 1980 CU/SC game did Clemson start the uni rage we see today with ALL Orange?

Nov 23, 2014, 7:03 PM

Whatever..it blew my mind when I saw the at top of HiLL..and yelled my lungs out to all around me with such excitement that I just about lost my game voice...

And remember Heisman-to-be George Rogers didn't score (never scored vs a TiGER D in his 4 years NOR did Hershall in 3!)..

And Clemson beat the Coots and sent them off to their best bowl up to then.

Do it again TiGER #1 D!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In 1980 CU/SC game did Clemson start the uni rage we see today with ALL Orange?

Nov 23, 2014, 8:37 PM

Our orange pants are the first "special" uniform I remember any school having. But the idea came from Georgia. Georgia re-introduced their Silver Britches at the beginning of the 1980 season. (They previously wore silver from 1939-early 1960s). The silver pants have been their standard uniform ever since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, this was the first "all orange" uniforms.......

Nov 23, 2014, 8:42 PM

game. We came out to warm up in white pants and then changed to orange pants before running down the hill. Then we went on to beat Carolina in an upset because nobody was giving us much of a chance. Willie Underwood had the game of his career.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, this was the first "all orange" uniforms.......

Nov 23, 2014, 8:47 PM

This was my Freshman year! Such an awesome game. The all Orange Uniforms were awesome and it definitely fired the crowd up! Such a great memory! I'll never forget Willie Underwood's interception!

Go Tigers! Slap them down with that "Five"!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic