Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, would "hand off to Dye" be your gameplan this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 875

So, would "hand off to Dye" be your gameplan this

Nov 23, 2014, 11:39 AM

weekend?

South Carolina's run defense has done poorly this year. Do you guys think Dye can make a statement this weekend the way he's been running? Or am I too optimistic after a game against a weaker opponent?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

YES....I say slogan should be: "DiE with DyE".

Nov 23, 2014, 11:41 AM

GoTiGERS,...git er done Men!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Hand it to Dye, live or die"?***

Nov 23, 2014, 11:43 AM

null

Hand off to RB's, passes to the flat, underneath routes,

Nov 23, 2014, 11:42 AM

crossing routes, slants, etc. Nothing spectacular, just control the ball and keep the chains moving. If DW is our QB, different game plan.

Yes...I am not in favor of trick plays this weekend!***

Nov 23, 2014, 11:44 AM

null

Re: So, would "hand off to Dye" be your gameplan this

Nov 23, 2014, 11:44 AM

Yes use Dye to keep them on there toes, then mix in some Scott and Williams over the middle. Through in some leggett and stick a fork in that Thanksgiving dinner cause the coots are done!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 11:46 AM

Yes,and do away with Rob Spences playbook!

Nov 23, 2014, 11:53 AM

Offensively, I think that would be a great game plan, even if DW plays. Then when they creep up to stop it, go over their heads. Most do not realize, it's not DW's LEGS that are the most dangerous...it's his arm, pocket presence, and his accuracy. I followed the kid through HS....It's ALL about that right ARM! He could thrive just as a passer never leaving the pocket.

On defense, personally I think BV can out coach any adjustment they try and make. I have absolute faith in that.

it's not DW's LEGS that are the most dangerous..it's his arm

Nov 23, 2014, 11:59 AM

Chad did not receive the memo.

LOL. IKR.***

Nov 23, 2014, 12:02 PM

Honestly, I was more concerned about his throwing hand than

Nov 23, 2014, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: So, would "hand off to Dye" be your gameplan this ]

his LCL sprain. Sure, the LCL sprain sucks and I feel for him. If we can protect him, it's that beautiful right ARM and his football intelligence that will dissect USuCk's defense. The coaches know this, believe me. I think he plays Saturday.

Dye. Williams. Dye. Scott. Dye. Williams. Dye. Scott. Dye.

Nov 23, 2014, 11:56 AM

you get the picture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 11:58 AM

Among other things, yes - definitely. If I can be excused for Sunday coaching a little, I would do the following on offense:

* Use a 2-back set occasionally for some power lead blocking and counter/misdirection, with a few QB option/sweep runs sprinkled into the set mix.

* Pull both guards and maybe even the center on sweeps to zone block, with the strong-side OT and TE cracking down to seal the inside DT and MLB.

* Motion one back or WR often on pass plays to determine zone or man coverage, using the motion man as a receiver.

* Put the TEs on the line for short out and quick slant and slant/go/skinny post routes.

* Run the QB very, very little with only a few zone reads and option sweeps with lead blockers.

* Establish the run, then take more 1st and 2nd down deep shots to the WRs/TEs than we ever have done.

Of course, all of that depends on how much can be installed in a week's practice and how well the O-line plays. I might get beat with all that, but I'd sure go down trying.

Replies: 12
| visibility 875
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic