Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The State's headline story is about the 2004 brawl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

The State's headline story is about the 2004 brawl

Nov 23, 2014, 10:09 AM

http://www.thestate.com/2014/11/22/3829985_week-that-changed-usc-football.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The State's headline story is about the 2004 brawl

Nov 23, 2014, 10:22 AM

So they think they have been a success since we beat that tail twice on the same day ?
No Conference titles.
Worst loss in the history of any conference championship game ...ever.
Still have never been to any of the 4 major bowl games .
On probation ...since 2002.
Hmm , that is one strange measuring stick they use down in Dumplumbia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

They got the fight they were looking for.

Nov 23, 2014, 10:22 AM

Lou Holtz coaching at its finest. Lack of control, cheating and thievery. Holtz butt still stings over that day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They got the fight they were looking for.

Nov 23, 2014, 10:29 AM

Yeah remember your crowd chanting we want spurrier? Yeah how'd that work out for you

Nov 23, 2014, 10:31 AM

I remember the crowd watching your classless coach and players attempting to dishonor our traditions.
Then I remember the crowd wolfing down its popcorns as the Tigers opened up a can on your shoddy group of hooligans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 23, 2014, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: They got the fight they were looking for. ]

Hey look, another sack worshipper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: They got the fight they were looking for. ]
image.jpg(152.0 K)

Next week we set the world right again!

They sure love that picture. Absent from all Coot

Nov 23, 2014, 12:37 PM

recollections about the fight is our guys trying to get away from the various scuffles to end them like they should and the Coot players chasing after them to keep it going. Was all over the field like that. Also forgotten is how little respect they had for Coach Holtz by being thugs for his last game.

A Cockaminium crowd Coot I know had the opinion that they should have awarded the win to the Coots because of the fight. I guess it's true what they say that you can't fix stupid.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: They got the fight they were looking for. ]

no, for some reason all I remember was half your team, led by your starting quarterback, looting your AD for laptops and one kid getting thrown under the bus and sent up the river.. I believe Syvelle Newton was team Captain under Spurrier the following year. What a great sign of leadership.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After spending about $30 million on him is he worth it?

Nov 23, 2014, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: They got the fight they were looking for. ]

No SEC title, no BCS. Even Dabo has a conference title and BCS win. You guys got gyped by the Drunk Ball Coach. You guys are suckers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you consider him a success?

Nov 23, 2014, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: They got the fight they were looking for. ]

Simple minds have simple goals that are easily met....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: They got the fight they were looking for. ]

I dont know. He never showed up

Link to your championship history, Coot, won't..

Nov 23, 2014, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: They got the fight they were looking for. ]

Take long to read!

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1413153&tstart=0

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely!!! And cannot believe The State is bringing it

Nov 23, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to They got the fight they were looking for. ]

all up again this week. And I seriously doubt that The State COOT Trashrag will present a FAIR and BALANCED story.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“It was a couple of young guys, and one older guy”

Nov 23, 2014, 11:26 AM

Cory Boyd? Can't mention his name?

It all started when those players decided to follow Boyd to the bottom of the hill. They got what they wanted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: “It was a couple of young guys, and one older guy”

Nov 23, 2014, 12:06 PM

I hope they do it this Saturday . Come stand at the bottom of the hill and watch a true spectacle of college lore. No smoke machines or skirt wearing chickens ...just tradition and grandeur that is recognized as the most exciting 25 seconds in college football.
The last 2 times anyone stood at the bottom taunting us (yall In 2004 / Uga in 2013 ) they got beat. So yeah , get your gawk on !

DB23

Nov 23, 2014, 12:57 PM

syracuse met us at the bottom of the hill this year

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 23, 2014, 1:01 PM

And how did that work out for Cuse>

Nov 23, 2014, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: “It was a couple of young guys, and one older guy” ]

Syracuse. Oh yeah ...I failed to use the criteria of a team that we would respect for it's football abilities.
I am sorry.

DB23

Nov 23, 2014, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: “It was a couple of young guys, and one older guy” ]

Don't forget saracuse did it too....

Story blames Clemson for the brawl. Invisible kick to QB

Nov 23, 2014, 12:52 PM

after the play was over started the fight. I have never seen any photographic evidence of that

Re: Story blames Clemson for the brawl. Invisible kick to QB

Nov 23, 2014, 4:19 PM

2:17:17 of the video

I won't say "they started it" because the mood of the afternoon was set w/ our guys at the hill. But clearly, the brawl was ignited when our QB was hit. While laying n the ground.

http://youtu.be/mOmIweiq_j0

I was at that game, you coot fans were mad all during the

Nov 23, 2014, 4:25 PM

game. We sat in the upper deck with a mixed crowd of USC and Clemson fans. The USC fans were AWFUL all during the game. They were crass and vulgar, and were mad about everything. No wonder your team STARTED the fight.

I read the article today, and it makes it clear that YOU COOTERS started the fight. This makes two classless coaches in a row. Fitting? I think so!!!!

GO AWAY ---- NOW ---- COOTER!!!!!!!

All I saw from that was a Pepsi commercial***

Nov 23, 2014, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Story blames Clemson for the brawl. Invisible kick to QB ]

SCU started it by taunting the whole game even though...

Nov 23, 2014, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Story blames Clemson for the brawl. Invisible kick to QB ]

they got beat 63-17 the season before, and was getting dominated in 2004 also

The brawl started when Loose Bolts let them gather...

Nov 23, 2014, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Story blames Clemson for the brawl. Invisible kick to QB ]

at the foot of the Hill. That's tacky and disgraceful. Clemson would never interrupt their traditional entrance by standing in front...ah chit, who am I fooling. You can't call a 15 year old movie theme song and a few fire extinguishers a tradition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to make sure that isn't repeated this weekend.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:32 PM

We have a good shot at the Orange Bowl. They have a sure shot at the toilet bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need to make sure that isn't repeated this weekend.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:46 PM

It was a black eye for both programs. Anyone who takes any kind of pride in what happened that day is not a true sportsman.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic