Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The one, and only one thing I respect about Spurrier...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,172

The one, and only one thing I respect about Spurrier...

Nov 22, 2014, 8:43 AM

His SCar offense might look trashy at times but he gets the best out of it often, whatever it takes to win.

Whether it's run his best athlete at wildcat every other play because the D can't stop it, throw 6 yd curls if it's working, take chances on the deep ball even with bad QBs.

All I ask is that we do not let Pharoh Cooper beat us with the wildcat, be prepared. Stephon Gilmore killed us a few years back all game with it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not a coaching legend for nothing. He has outcoached us

Nov 22, 2014, 8:48 AM

and his players have out toughed us for the past 2 games. Honestly, I don't count the 2009, 2010 and 2011 games, as we had the ACCCG to worry about in '09 and '11 and we were not a very good team in 2010. But we wanted to win and win badly in '12 and '13 AND we had some of our greatest studs ever and STILL couldn't beat him.

The man can coach. Period.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and I suppose thats what makes it rather regrettable

Nov 22, 2014, 9:04 AM

situation.....the guy has proven himself a great college football coach....and also one of the biggest jerks in the profession. There'll be chickens who'll argue with me on this point, but they were saying the exact same thing as his Florida teams purposely ran up the score against the hapless chickens

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's owned our staff for sure... but not sure how you can

Nov 22, 2014, 9:06 AM [ in reply to He's not a coaching legend for nothing. He has outcoached us ]

not count those games?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'm going to be very interested to see what BV does

Nov 22, 2014, 8:59 AM

We've been able to play man across the board against everyone, sometimes with a free, and sometimes a man under-two deep look.

Steve Spurrier will make you pay if you play too much man, so I'll be interested to see how BV mixes it up. I think Spurrier will test Alexander early and often too.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I think you're right

Nov 22, 2014, 10:49 AM

Your run defense is pretty good when you play your linebackers up.

I think we will target Alexander and try to force kearse to cover someone. I like our chances against your defense.

It's just going to come down to wether you can exploit our defense. They are awful this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Yes, 2 will be tested***

Nov 22, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to I'm going to be very interested to see what BV does ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The one, and only one thing I respect about Spurrier...

Nov 22, 2014, 9:20 AM

Anyone have the link to the clucking chickens rendition of "2001"?

one thing about ball sack...

Nov 22, 2014, 9:30 AM

I disliked him even back in his Duke days...but he knows how to prepare a team mentally....he does not do this ### Bah Yah therapy sessions like Swinney, and I think has different demands on his coaches. As far as Venables, the best thing that ever happened to Swinney and Clemson was the 70-33 beating we took against WVA....if it had not happened, Steele would still be here and still yapping about "getting this fixed" and playing with your eyes.....Venables is the real deal, a disciplinarian, steele was a clown. Spurrier with his faults is a better head than his record shows I think, he has won some big games...he has owned us that for sure...D#$mn I wish spanky would come back

Re: one thing about ball sack...

Nov 22, 2014, 10:27 AM

Coot

Name a better bowl game than the Capital One bowl that the

Nov 22, 2014, 9:29 AM

##### have been to. Name a championship game they've played in and won.

what does that have to do with the OP's point?***

Nov 22, 2014, 9:35 AM

his coach with godlike powers has absolutely nothing to show

Nov 22, 2014, 1:23 PM

for his talents.

right***

Nov 22, 2014, 1:38 PM

Nov 22, 2014, 10:25 AM

He wont run on this defense. Theyll bury him

Nov 22, 2014, 10:28 AM

Whatever it takes to win...yup he's amazing at 5-5. His offense steamrolled Florida. He's awesome! Go lick his sac

Great reply

Nov 22, 2014, 10:55 AM

I'm referring to Spurrier vs Clemson

Don't worry... he's never made a football related post that

Nov 22, 2014, 10:58 AM

I can find

Nov 22, 2014, 11:06 AM

There is nothing to respect about Spurrier he's just an arrogant a$$hole.

Tru Dat***

Nov 22, 2014, 11:08 AM

Nov 22, 2014, 1:40 PM

I respect nothing about him. We can only hope he prepares next week like he did for the 1rst half of South Alabama.

He's a jerk, but he darn sure owns his rival right now***

Nov 22, 2014, 1:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,172
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic