Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to lose 6 in a row. Would concede to keep D-Wat healthy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,804

Hate to lose 6 in a row. Would concede to keep D-Wat healthy

Nov 21, 2014, 11:26 PM

Just like the caption says, I see us conceding to our cross-state rivals if young Mr. Watson is unable to play in SC game. That said, if it was my week to coach (as it is for many of us on T-Net from week to week), I would not hesitate to bench Watson if there was any increased medical risk of long term injury. I am "all in" for D-Wat returning 100% healthy in the Spring and for the 2015 season.

Yes, we're all in it to win it, and I hope like the rest of you the Docs give D-Wat a clean bill of health. If he cannot play, I hope our coaches have some kind of radical "wildcat" or Plan B that will force SC to work hard for the win. A repeat of the GaT approach will not get 'er done.

But I will respect Coach Swinney making the difficult decision not to play Watson if it is the right long term call for the Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to lose 6 in a row. Would concede to keep D-Wat healthy

Nov 21, 2014, 11:40 PM

Why would you just concede a game? Their the coots! They freakin suck! They are 5-5. They have lost to Mizzou, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Texas A&M. I will be disappointed if we lose no matter who starts at QB. SC just isn't that good of a team this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2014, 11:41 PM

They're**

Trust me.. he's playing***

Nov 21, 2014, 11:41 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good with whatever the coaches decide.

Nov 21, 2014, 11:59 PM

I'll be disappointed but I'll get by.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

play his ####....looks like his health is gonna b an

Nov 22, 2014, 12:58 AM

Issue regardless.... IDK,....it's just got that feel! Gonna have to take what we can get...in spurts.

Nov 22, 2014, 3:53 AM

I agree about keeping Watson healthy,but without him ,we don't win.
And you can forget about some kind of radical
"wildcat",or plan B.
Chad Morris had three games to devise an offense around Cole Stoudt,and the best he could devise was a Rob Spence "student body right,student body left" bubble screen offense.
Had this conversation with some co-workers on Thursday,and we all agree that even
we could devise an offense when you have a Tajh Boyd,a Sammy,and a Nuke,
but without Deshaun,Chad doesn't have that luxury.
What concerns me is not whether he plays,and we lose,but what happens next season when the game shifts back to Williams Brice.You have to figure the coots will get better,it could be Spurriers swan song,and he would love nothing better to stick the dagger in a little deeper.
Can Dabo really survive a 7 game losing streak?
I don't think so.
Tommy was only able to survive because he beat the coots 7 out of 9 times.
I don't know if Dabo can survive a 1-7 record.

He would have to lose 10 in a row

Nov 22, 2014, 8:34 AM

To be fired. And even then, if we beat WFU, BC, Syracuse, Duke and Pitt most fans would say we are just fine. His contract is so one-sided, he could go winless for four years straight and we couldn't fire him. That is a fact no one can deny.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2014, 8:29 AM

These post never make any sense. You can get hurt whether you're healthy or not, the type of injury he has is very common to play within a couple weeks, several players already have this year with a sprain MCL(basically same as LCL). If he's cleared and feels good, he will play plain and simple. Its not like he's trying to play with a torn ACL after a few weeks

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,804
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic