Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
APM's been worrying about this way too much.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 227

APM's been worrying about this way too much.

Feb 23, 2022, 1:21 PM

I know it's just a game, but really I cannot bear the thought of losing to the coots again.

Here's what I hope we will see in preparation for the only game that matters:

1) Start Cole vs GSU, keep him in the base offense (or injured Cole offense, if you prefer) until we get some kind of rhythm going. Get Scott and Gallman doing their thing and feeling very confident (they have been our best two playmakers with the offense under its current limitations, IMO). Then turn everything loose a little bit and expand past the base/injured Cole offense. Hit some downfield passes, run some jet sweeps and tosses, etc.

2) Let Nick come in for some significant minutes during the GSU game. If possible, let the Stanford guy even take some snaps. We have to have someone who can be the QB, in a worse than worst-case scenario (we already have a worst-case scenario, but in case Nick gets hurt too).

3) If and only IF DW4 is able to play at at least 80%, play him against the coots and use him wisely. He does not have to start or play every snap to be effective (see UGA game, see what the coots did to us last year).

I don't love our chances and this is killing me, but we have to regroup and shore up what we have to have any chance next week.

*sigh*

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have deshaun come in for 3 drives

Nov 21, 2014, 12:23 PM

let the D do the rest of the work and hope that Cole doesn't make any costly mistakes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Agreed. Turnovers is a big key to the whole thing.

Nov 21, 2014, 12:57 PM

Think about Humphries' muffed punt return last year.

Protect the ball, don't give the other team any easy scores, and hold on for a nailbiter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 227
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic