Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speaking of news. I was watching NBC tonight and my son's ME
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,104

Speaking of news. I was watching NBC tonight and my son's ME

Nov 20, 2014, 10:21 PM

402 team was featured for their project. I looked up and there was Little Spud on the tube. If any of you fellas could give him a shot, he is graduating in December and co-opped three semesters at Koyo in Westminister. Thanks in advance!

Spud

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bueno to young Spud!***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Jim.***

Nov 20, 2014, 10:28 PM

ME 402 was a fun class, unless you got stuck with your 3rd..

Nov 20, 2014, 10:37 PM

choice project because most people thought it was so horrible they didn't even put it on their list!

:(

JKEKT bought out the Torrington Bearing businesses in Walhalla and Greenville. Since he's got experience in bearings, those would be good choices. Then, again, so would Koyo.

Good luck to little Spud! I'm glad he didn't punt and go into Civil or Industrial. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of news. I was watching NBC tonight and my son's ME

Nov 21, 2014, 12:20 AM

Good luck and best wishes in co-oping with a high quality machining company. Check with TCTC for their Machine Tool Tech program and in a couple years he will be making $40k to start. in 7-8years he will name his price. Four year degrees are today's dinosaurs except for medical/engineering degrees. Jaybird4

Facts.

Nov 21, 2014, 9:06 AM

Dinosaur? I do not agree.

Median Salaries for ME:

Education level:

Here's a link to the NACE Salary Survey: Mash here

Average starting salary for engineers in 2015 is $62,891 (1.3% higher than 2014).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of news. I was watching NBC tonight and my son's ME

Nov 21, 2014, 11:31 AM

Congrats to your son (and you). I received my BSME 21 years ago and that degree opened more doors than I could have ever imagined...even as an average engineer. Other guys here may feel differently, but my advice would be to get away from manufacturing (especially at the local plant level) unless he just happens to fall into a great job with a good company...seems very rare these days. I deal with facility and corporate level engineers all the time...they look miserable with huge workloads and very long hours...even into their 40's and 50's+ when you would hope to have paid your dues. Anyway, not trying to be a downer but this has just been my experience. Salary-wise a good mechanical engineer will always demand a great salary so he is definitely on the right track and I wish him the best of luck.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,104
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic