Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To all the XBox, PlayStation and video game Coaches..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

To all the XBox, PlayStation and video game Coaches..

Nov 1, 2014, 9:19 AM

I just read DHood's article about play calling. I know we all question Chad sometimes...

But i have ask you computer players, how real life are your computer games?

Computer games would be programmed via historical data and stats to predict or program what would/could occur. Right?

Do the prgrammers add in true random variables into its games...
RBs whiff or miss assignments
An OLinemen slips, whiffs or is just off his game
LBs overshoot a gap
WRs slows down or cuts off his route
TEs slip or are slow to get a block
WRs halfheartedly block down field or on edge

If so, then online success would parallel better to real life success. Because aren't the video stars really succeeding because the players have consistently performed at an average level and the HC or OC or DC has actually been succeeding at their average level?

I just want to know if the video NCAA or NFL games include random fails or over success by players during individual plays. Can you sub in or track the energy level of each player to see who is failing or not playing well right then or that day?

Obviously I do not play video games. My money goes to booze and women. But I as well am usually looking for success via historical data.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To all the XBox, PlayStation and video game Coaches..

Nov 1, 2014, 10:05 AM

They are very realistic when you are playing a skilled human opponent. It's a chess match to be sure. I don't play a lot due to time constraints, but I can beat teenagers who live on the thing because I can out coach them (strategy, play calling). But I don't know Jack about coaching fundamentals, technique, and so forth. Big difference between video games and the real thing. Those who think they can run a real offense because of XBOX success need to be drug tested, but it is fun!

Bro I'm no teenager

Nov 1, 2014, 11:41 AM

But I would destroy you on the sticks.

Players have stats for several categories

Nov 1, 2014, 10:35 AM

Everyone gets throwing power to kicking power, tackling to run vision. Those stats go toward determining 'random action' that would correspond to misses or delayed movements. Now, this is a game, and games have some rules that can go haywire. For instance, I've been a moment before sacking a QB, when two steps to the left, the pass-blocking RB 'blocks' me, causing my player to run toward him and get cut down.

There is also stamina in the games I've played, and you can watch it change against a hurry-up team as its harder to get off blocks, not get pushed off or break a tackle, etc. You can sub-in to players that are tired (automatically in some cases).

There are also difficulty settings that can change how any AI plays when you are not controlling them. If you're rushing the passer, you can't control how well your DBs cover.

Clemson

Re: To all the XBox, PlayStation and video game Coaches..

Nov 1, 2014, 10:55 AM

Pretty much, video games already have the AI that you included and have for many many years. Pretty much everything you listed happens regularly in both the Madden and NCAA games.

HTH. Not that this means anything.

careful geeks....

Nov 1, 2014, 10:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this an open letter to the bored in general?***

Nov 1, 2014, 11:44 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: is this an open letter to the bored in general?***

Nov 1, 2014, 1:14 PM

Perhaps... As it is an off weekend.

What if I won my fantasy league back in 2012?

Nov 1, 2014, 1:38 PM

I feel that qualifies me to question coaching decisions (especially player personnel)...the league was tough that year with 12 players and i barely beat "barkingdog" for the championship. Please don't ask for proof because we don't play for trophies. We play for GLORY!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic