Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So be it. FSU won. Here's the thing though
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 893

So be it. FSU won. Here's the thing though

Oct 31, 2014, 8:50 AM

FSU winning may help us go to the Orange Bowl but deep down I never want Clemson to DEPEND on someone else to determine the Tiger's post-season. FSU is the enemy. I think many of us have forgot that and because of conference expansion and all that jazz have latched on to FSU as a type of Big Brother. This is dangerous. We need to treat FSU like we did UGA in the 70's and 80's--or like we treated FSU in the early years we battled them in the ACC. In every SWOT analysis that Clemson or Clemson's fans run they should be seen as a threat to us ever achieving what we want to achieve--our returned status as the league's premier team.

I for one will never pull for FSU again. They do nothing when they win big but help themselves to more recruits, more praise, more yada yada yada. This does not help Clemson. If you are o'kay with Clemson playing the shadow to FSU--so be it BUT if you want to be the SUN and FSU the shadow then we have to not only recruit and win at the highest level BUT also change our attitude towards them. As they said back in the 90's "It's Great to Hate Florida State."

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had our chance and we blew it

Oct 31, 2014, 8:57 AM

so we have to look for the next best available option for this year. For the 2014 season the best option is for us to go 10-2 and FSU to be undefeated. We regroup over the offseason, get better and whip them next year. I'd rather beat a powerhouse FSU team than an 8-5 FSU team, but mainly I want to beat them.

But yes, its still great to hate Florida State.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^This***

Oct 31, 2014, 9:45 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

We haven't latched on to FSU as a "big brother". I'm only

Oct 31, 2014, 8:57 AM

concerned about the best for Clemson University, and this year, there's about a 95% chance that the best we can do is the Orange Bowl.

And the only way we can make the Orange Bowl is for FSU to make the playoff or loose 2 ACC games. Since the ladder isn't very likely, we need them to make the playoff.

And why are we DEPENDING on someone else to determine the our post-season? Because 3 of 7 in the red zone in Tallahassee.

We have no juan to blame but ourselves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Yep, we high snapped 1st and goal at the 1 foot line.

Oct 31, 2014, 9:04 AM

No way to coach speak that one away. We just blew it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. We screwed it up in Tally but even so, I have no love

Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 AM [ in reply to We haven't latched on to FSU as a "big brother". I'm only ]

for them winning it all again. We have to compete against that on many levels.

Orange Bowl will be nice though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no love for them, but unfortunately we no longer

Oct 31, 2014, 9:10 AM

control our own destiny.

And as I said in another thread, FSU will continue to recruit at a high level regardless of whether they win the Natty this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oh, the other thing is . . . this year the REAL bowl game

Oct 31, 2014, 9:08 AM [ in reply to We haven't latched on to FSU as a "big brother". I'm only ]

gets played in November in the REAL Death Valley. That game should be the hardest ticket in the Southeast with the biggest stakes for the Tigers. Our fans need to make it the loudest place on earth and in no way except for the big-time TV will the Orange Bowl compete with us kicking the crap out of the birds. JMHO.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of deep down inside.

Oct 31, 2014, 9:02 AM

I don't give a rat's #### about FSU. After the loss to them I wanted the OB and a shot at ND. Deep down inside I want share of that national championship money and that OB money too.

Comeon AT, we got chitlezn to feed. Dood, Wake, Va, and now Cuse, Pitt and even VT all live in the basement and work only part time at Burger King. We got some renovation to do on campus and all those NCAAB mouths to feed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have NEVER & I NEVER will pull for the crimi-noles!

Oct 31, 2014, 9:14 AM

Go d@mn Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Replies: 9
| visibility 893
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic