Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
still am not sure I'd bet the farm on FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,334

still am not sure I'd bet the farm on FSU

Oct 31, 2014, 1:12 AM

Well, that was disappointing.

Louisville was making me look like a genius - up by 21, had FSU reeling.

Then the Football Gods continued to smile on FSU, with a whole lot of "are you kidding" type stuff.

Karlos Williams is stuffed at the goal line right before halftime...fumbles FORWARDS, FSU pounces on it. Touchdown. Are you kidding?

Right after the half, Famous Jameis throws yet another a pick. The DB jukes around exposing the ball, finally coughs it up. Instead of a back-breaking turnover, it's a 25+ yard gain. Next play: touchdown. Are you kidding?

Also - don't know if anybody noticed, but early in the 2nd, Lorenzo Mauldin went off with an apparent hamstring problem. I can tell you exactly what happened next - a Cortisone shot in the locker room. But he was playing with a bad hammy, and it showed. Mauldin was a non-factor in the second half except for one stunt where he sort of jogged unblocked through the A-gap. For about the first 25 minutes of the game, FSU couldn't block him.

Well, you know how it goes. The Football Gods are often capricious...but they rarely play favorites forever. Whom they would destroy, they first make cocky.

FSU has had the Golden Horseshoe jammed up their posteriors pretty much all year long. Sooner or later, that runs out, and as much luck as they've had, when it evens out, the sky is going to fall in on them.

Here's hoping it happens in time to do Clemson some good. I'm still not sold FSU will run the table against BC, Virginia, AND Miami in the ACC. Going down by 14-21 points before deciding to finally play football is tap-dancing entirely too close to the ledge, and it's going to bite FSU at some point. It's probably beyond hope they lose two of those...but stranger stuff has happened, and there's those Football Gods to contend with again....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: still am not sure I'd bet the farm on FSU

Oct 31, 2014, 1:25 AM

They put up 42 on the best defense in the country while overcoming a 21-0 deficit...If anything that makes me think that they're not gonna lose this year. I mean honestly, who beats them? Imo, they already beat the second best team in the top 10 ( Notre Dame ).

Little chance of Fla St losing ACC, so...

Oct 31, 2014, 1:46 AM

we should want them to go to the playoffs and beat the SEC, while we play in the OB. Clemson 1st, ACC 2nd and SEC never.

Re: Little chance of Fla St losing ACC, so...

Oct 31, 2014, 6:25 AM

First off we need to get to the Orange Bowl.There is no guarantees
that just because FSU runs the table are we guaranteed a spot in the "Orange".
Oh,and if FSU does get to the playoffs,I will be pulling for
whomever they play to win.
No way,no how do I pull for that scum bag of a thug qb,and his
"do anything to protect his qb" coach Jimbo Fisher.
I have lost all respect for the Noles( not that I have ever pulled for them)
but I would pull for Bama,Auburn,LSU,and even Notre Dame before wanting FSU to win the N.C. playoffs.

BC Miami and UVA are garbage

Oct 31, 2014, 2:20 AM

FSU will unfortunately run the table.

Oct 31, 2014, 6:18 AM

There is no such thing as the Football Gods.

Oct 31, 2014, 12:10 PM

> There is no such thing as the Football Gods.

You must have not been around for Clemson-Georgia Tech 2004. Rewatch that - if you dare - and then come back and repeat that utterly ridiculous statement.

Actually, don't. They may decide we need reminding.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,334
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic