Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest Engine. Do you think if Ole Miss had rolled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Honest Engine. Do you think if Ole Miss had rolled

Oct 30, 2014, 2:21 PM

into the REAL Death Valley last weekend and lost to the #21 Clemson Tigers 10-7, would they have stayed in the Top4? I don't think they would have.

This SEC thing has gotten out of hand. It has gotten out of hand and we'll be lucky to live through it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stayed in the Top 4"?

Oct 30, 2014, 2:27 PM

They dropped to 7th in the AP poll and 9th in the Coaches' poll.

I assume you are talking about the Playoff rankings, in which case your statement doesn't make any sense, because this week's was the first ranking.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Stayed in the Top 4"?

Oct 30, 2014, 2:30 PM

They are #4 in the only poll that matters. After a loss and they are in the top 4?

OK...I was just wondering about how he said "stayed".

Oct 30, 2014, 2:31 PM

There are only three undefeated teams, and one of them is Marshall, so two 1-loss teams pretty much have to be in the top 4.

Re: OK...I was just wondering about how he said "stayed".

Oct 30, 2014, 2:33 PM

But the week after they lost, I don't get it. It's not like they lost to a top 5 team?

I dunno...I don't think it really should matter when a team

Oct 30, 2014, 2:34 PM

loses. I'm not a big fan of that line of thinking. A loss is a loss, whether it's week 1 or week 12.

When teams lose should not matter at all. That was part

Oct 30, 2014, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: OK...I was just wondering about how he said "stayed". ]

of the reason human polls were so stupid to begin with. Hopefully the committee will buck some of the other trends too.

If they are in the Top4 after losing, isn't it safe to

Oct 30, 2014, 2:32 PM [ in reply to "Stayed in the Top 4"? ]

assume they were in the Top4 before losing?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was no ranking until this week.

Oct 30, 2014, 2:33 PM

The committee didn't even meet for the first time until Monday.

Good Lord.***

Oct 30, 2014, 2:34 PM

Annoying little twit, ain't he?***

Oct 30, 2014, 2:38 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong. What's gotten out of hand is the constant complaining

Oct 30, 2014, 2:35 PM

that carries on around here.

I'm so thankful the FSU game has come and gone cuz it was so sickening seeing nothing but Winston posts.

Let it fricking go.

College football lives in the south and the SEC is stacked full of football tradition.

Continuing to post bitterly about it is embarrassing to the Clemson fan base.

If Clemson had even slightly stopped the run in the 4th quarter against Georgia it wouldn't be so ridiculous to read your constant bitterness, but by all means, PLEASE, just let it go.

Your SEC in-state rival has beaten you 5 times in a row.

Enough is enough.

yes'sir***

Oct 30, 2014, 2:36 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Sooo....is that a "Yes" or a "No"?***

Oct 30, 2014, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Wrong. What's gotten out of hand is the constant complaining ]

Lately I've actually been posting a lot of

Oct 30, 2014, 5:24 PM

#maybemessage in my message areas.

You might have noticed that so I will denote that again here.

#maybemessage

Re: Wrong. What's gotten out of hand is the constant complaining

Oct 30, 2014, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Wrong. What's gotten out of hand is the constant complaining ]

LOL it's a sports message board on a bye week, what should we be talking about?

where would Clemson be if we'd beaten FSU?

Oct 30, 2014, 2:37 PM

even with the UGA loss..

you think SEC bias would be holding us out of the top 10?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Who cares about the top ten? We wouldn't sniff the top four.

Oct 30, 2014, 2:39 PM

And yes, it would be partially due to SEC bias.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you don't think if we'd beaten FSU....

Oct 30, 2014, 2:44 PM

and were in a position to win out and and win the ACC...

that we would not be in the top four, when our only loss was to a UGA team that could win the SEC?

really?

Message was edited by: york_tiger®

We'd need help. They seem pretty set on two SEC teams

Oct 30, 2014, 2:47 PM

at a minimum, and I think Oregon plus the Big XII winner would have gotten more respect than Clemson.

Georgia losing another game would be about all it would take to eliminate us from consideration due to a 'weak schedule.' (Read: Does not play in the SEC.)

I don't see that... you're saying that a team

Oct 30, 2014, 2:48 PM

on a 12 game winning streak, conference champion, only loss at UGA would not be in the top 4

no way

Re: you don't think if we'd beaten FSU....

Oct 30, 2014, 2:49 PM [ in reply to you don't think if we'd beaten FSU.... ]

A 12-1 ACC champs Clemson is more than likely top 4.

We certainly wouldn't be there right now.***

Oct 30, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to you don't think if we'd beaten FSU.... ]

nobody's saying that***

Oct 30, 2014, 2:58 PM

I never said that. My statement mostly has nothing to do

Oct 30, 2014, 2:48 PM [ in reply to where would Clemson be if we'd beaten FSU? ]

with Clemson. I used Clemson in my example because they are a non-SEC team with a similar ranking to LSU.

your statement has EVERYTHING to do with Clemson

Oct 30, 2014, 2:49 PM

you're saying they would have dropped more b/c they lost to Clemson, as opposed to LSU... Are referring to SEC bias? yes.

but you are also referring to a percieved bias against a 2 loss Clemson team

You is out yo mind!

Oct 30, 2014, 2:54 PM

"but you are also referring to a percieved bias against a 2 loss Clemson team" - uh no, I'm not.

I'm pretty sure I know what I was thinking when I made my original post. More likely, you were trolling around looking for someone posting about a Clemson bias - and you (mistakenly) thought you had found one.

clearly i misread this part

Oct 30, 2014, 2:56 PM

"into the REAL Death Valley last weekend and lost to the #21 Clemson Tigers 10-7, would they have stayed in the Top4?"

Clearly.

Oct 30, 2014, 3:01 PM

The only side-inference to be made there is that I believe Clemson's Death Valley to be the real one.

Considering the subject, the focal point of the sentence is " #21 ".

my mistake...***

Oct 30, 2014, 3:03 PM

Interesting....If FSU loses at #25 Louisville

Oct 30, 2014, 2:49 PM

How far do they fall? I'm sure they'll be out of the top 4, but their best win (#10 ND) is still better than Alabama's (#20 West VA). Would FSU only fall to #5 in the Playoff Rankings?

this will be a good indicator of the SEC love***

Oct 30, 2014, 2:50 PM

I think they would drop just a little more than that.

Oct 30, 2014, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Interesting....If FSU loses at #25 Louisville ]

FSU would have the better win, but they'd also have the worse loss. And the overall schedule favors Bama. If FSU loses, Bama gets in at #4 next week, and FSU maybe 5 or 6.

Do you not understand the absurdity of all SEC West

Oct 30, 2014, 3:00 PM

teams in the top 4?

If the ACC Coastal had the preseason bias and chose to play as easy of an out of conference schedule as the SEC West...they'd look similar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

this is my point... the committee has effectively said

Oct 30, 2014, 3:02 PM

the SECW's 1 loss teams will not be punished as much as other conferences. When you put 4 of the top 6 there, you are telling other conferences that they have a much tougher hurdle to overcome...

that tone was set

that's my issue

The problem I have with this is that,

Oct 30, 2014, 3:24 PM

if you strip away the conferences, pretend they don't exist...the resumes are there. In that dumb little blind poll I did yesterday, Auburn and Ole Miss were by far the highest ranked 1-loss teams, when people didn't know who the school was and only saw some numbers.

It just so happens that several of them are from the same conference? Just because they are in the same division, should they be ranked lower, even if their body of work is better?

Re: The problem I have with this is that,

Oct 30, 2014, 6:27 PM

Ole miss has beaten two teams that have wins against power five teams. How is their resume better?

Oct 30, 2014, 6:38 PM

miss st.> fsu
Georgia> Clemson
Kentucky>nc state
vandy= wake

do your own comparison with the others. top to bottom the sec is the best conference in college football. if you do not believe or understand that all other discussions are worthless. please use
this formula to compare other power conferences for similar results.

Oct 30, 2014, 7:37 PM

Boy you are dense. What does that have to do with ole miss? How many of those teams have they played?

Oct 30, 2014, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The problem I have with this is that, ]

Oh and a 9 win vandy beat a 2 win wake by 2 pts last year. I'll make a bet with you if vandy beats wake this year I'll take a month's hiatus from tnet if wake wins you take a month.

ACC Coastal OOC FBS opponents are 63-51.

Oct 30, 2014, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Do you not understand the absurdity of all SEC West ]

(when they don't play ACCC teams).

SECW OOC FBS opponents are 69-55.

I don't care what SECW OOC opponent's W/L's in their

Oct 30, 2014, 3:51 PM

piece of crap conferences.

If you give me SECW OOC Power 5 opponent's and their W/L and the same for the ACCC, then I'd care more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

OK

Oct 30, 2014, 4:05 PM

By my count, ACCC Power 5 opponents are 20-9. SECW Power 5 opponents are 16-6. That's FBS games only.

ACCC has played 5 Power 5 games OOC, SECW 4 such games.***

Oct 30, 2014, 4:06 PM

If FSU loses will they even drop from the top-4?

Oct 30, 2014, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Interesting....If FSU loses at #25 Louisville ]

Suppose Auburn beats Ole Miss on Saturday...

Who's resume' is better, Alabama or FSU?

FSU: Wins- #10 ND, #21 Clemson, OK State (neutral), @ NC State, @ Syracuse, Wake Forest, Citadel
Loss- @ 2-loss Louisville (whose ranking would rise)

Alabama: Wins: #20 West Virginia* (neutral), Texas A&M, @Arkansas, @ Tennessee, Florida, Southern Miss, Florida Atlantic
Loss- @ 2-loss Ole miss (whose ranking would fall)

*West Virginia also is an underdog this week against TCU.

I would pick FSU over Alabama here, although I think maybe TCU jumps both if they win at West Virginia.

1. Miss. State
2. Auburn
3. Oregon
4. TCU
5. FSU
6. Alabama

I just can't see how they'd put Alabama over FSU if Ole Miss loses on Saturday.

IDK

Oct 30, 2014, 2:51 PM

We get all the players we want. It's the rest of the non-sec teams that are really suffering from this bullchit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure

Oct 30, 2014, 2:59 PM

and then Clemson would have jumped up in the polls. Because in the SEC, it's not that the team that loses is worse than thought, but the team that wins is better than thought.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm more tired of hearing people complain 24x7 about

Oct 30, 2014, 3:04 PM

SEC bias than i am of SEC bias itself.

Re: Honest Engine. Do you think if Ole Miss had rolled

Oct 30, 2014, 6:22 PM

is that you coach batson? you need to worry about getting our guys pumped up and not the polls or sec!

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic