Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else read/reading D. Rodriguez’s book?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,107

Anyone else read/reading D. Rodriguez’s book?

Oct 30, 2014, 11:29 AM

I am only about halfway through but I have a new respect for what happened to him in Iraq and Afghanistan…not to say that I didn’t have respect before. But knowing the literal hell they went through from the word go has made my jaw drop a couple of times.

Just curious on what everyone else thinks/thought about his new book.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been meaning to purchase it ..and will.

Oct 30, 2014, 11:30 AM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crump still hasn't mailed me mine yet.***

Oct 30, 2014, 11:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

100 more posts and

Oct 30, 2014, 11:40 AM

you'll get STEAK KNIVES!!!!!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Crump still hasn't mailed me mine yet.***

Oct 30, 2014, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Crump still hasn't mailed me mine yet.*** ]

Don't hold your breath. I've been waiting on my steak knives for years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I did not get mine either***

Oct 30, 2014, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Crump still hasn't mailed me mine yet.*** ]

Re: Anyone else read/reading D. Rodriguez’s book?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Hunger Games make his story sound like childs play***

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Oct 30, 2014, 11:47 AM

Just finished it. Good read. Wish there was a little more about CU and the fb team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't spoil the ending for me, OK?***

Oct 30, 2014, 11:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE BOOK ISNT ABOUT CLEMSON

Oct 30, 2014, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else read/reading D. Rodriguez’s book? ]

ITS ABOUT D-ROD. IF YOU WANT CLEMSON STUFF THEN GO READ THE ARTICLES ON THE MAIN PAGE

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: THE BOOK ISNT ABOUT CLEMSON***

Oct 30, 2014, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nah, I'm holding out for the movie.

Oct 30, 2014, 11:48 AM

You know how reading the book first ruins the movie? Well, I've got a plan.

We all know that reading a book then watching the movie always ruins the movie. I figure I'll watch the movie first so I get the most out of both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2014, 12:24 PM

Yes, I read it. Not sure that "enjoyed it" is the correct statement but I do recommend it. Seems like a brutally honest description of the struggle to become a man; using that in the more complete sense not just maleness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2014, 1:01 PM

I mean, say what you want about the guy, but damm... I lost my dad at around the same age as he did and it took me forever to get straightened back out. I partied, flunked out of college and worked full time - to help support myself and my two sisters, but mainly just so I could buy more beer. I was living paycheck to paycheck and couldn't care less what I ended up doing. Luckily, I met a good girl and her family and they helped turn me around and put me on the right path. That kid enrolled in the military and was over there fighting and getting shot (literally) for all of us. Not only did he straighten out, but he went on to become a D1 athlete at the university we all love. This site is ridiculous sometimes - heaven forbid we speak ill of our rag-arm qb who grew up with every tool available to be a top-tier athlete... But D-Rod, who is STILL carrying shrapnel in his back is fair game - all because someone watched a play on youtube and thinks he didn't throw a perfect block in a special teams play?? - the only special teams play we've scored on since the Spiller days I think. If he's chasing girls - so what? That's what guys do - I did; we all did. Overall I think he's a great kid, he's extremely motivated and driven and nearly every D1 program would give him a spot today. We should be glad he's a Tiger - he's not getting busted for weed, stealing seafood from a store - there's no stories out there of him maybe ###### some girl, of a baby-mama wanting her check, of him getting DUI's, running from the cops or shooting up the school with a pellet gun. Find ANYTHING where he's even remotely embarrassed our program. He's arguably the best ambassador for Clemson that we have at the moment - maybe even ever had.

D-Rod has been through absolute h3ll and back and as far as I'm concerned he came out sparkling. I'd love to see any of you go through what he's been through and STILL make it into our football program after it's all said and done. I went through a tiny fraction of what he grew up with and it nearly cost me - took me 10 years to finish school, and with a h3ll of a lot less to show for it.

I love you guys, but some of this $hit is straight up nonsense.

Oct 30, 2014, 1:18 PM

I'm about half way through as well.

Even though I know you can't understand what war is like until you experience it for yourself, "war is hell" has a different meaning now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, finished while traveling this week. Good book...

Oct 30, 2014, 7:51 PM

...I wish the rough language was excluded for younger readers.

There are some things he should have left out. Wasn't necessary to tell all.

It definitely gives some perspective of what our service men are going through.

I certainly wish him well with the book. I really enjoyed the Clemson parts.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,107
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic