Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How good is Louisville?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

How good is Louisville?

Oct 30, 2014, 8:50 AM

They are a mystery to me. Their 31-13 win against Miami is looking more impressive every week, but that game was in week 1. They also played us tough, but so have BC and Syracuse with Stoudt at QB. Their only other positive performance for me is a 28-6 win at Syracuse.

Then you see some questionable performances like the loss to a very average Virginia team, you see that they were down in the 4th Quarter 10-7 against Wake Forest at home, and their game at home against NC State last week was only a 5-point game with under a minute left.

They seem to be getting healthier now on offense with Gardner and Parker back, and Michael Dyer finally broke out last game against NC State. Will that help kickstart an offense that has struggled all year and is ranked 91st in total offense?

Can a good defensive team without much offense really beat FSU? Can they even keep it close?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are they not a mirror's reflection of Clemson with Stoudt?

Oct 30, 2014, 8:54 AM

Defensive team that has major offenseive issues.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Can that type of team beat FSU?

Oct 30, 2014, 8:58 AM

We probably should have beat FSU, but we also had Watson that game and FSU had no Winston.

Why is FSU only a 3.5 point favorite in this game?

Re: Can that type of team beat FSU?

Oct 30, 2014, 9:53 AM

> We probably should have beat FSU, but we also had
> Watson that game and FSU had no Winston.
>
> Why is FSU only a 3.5 point favorite in this game?

1) FSU has not been dominant
2) UL is as healthy as they have been
3) Petrino has lost exactly 1 home game as head coach at UL in his career there.

Here's the way I look at this game.

Oct 30, 2014, 8:59 AM

FSU seems to play to the level of competition. I have no misconception that FSU is as good as they were last year but it just may be that last year they had more hunger.

I haven't seen that hunger from them this year. If they don't get hungry pretty soon somebody is going to bushwhack them. That is if somebody doesn't drygulch them tonight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you're saying that they're Bowden-ing***

Oct 30, 2014, 9:05 AM

Re: so you're saying...

Oct 30, 2014, 9:14 AM

I might be knowing what I was saying? Honestly, I just like to say.

I'm saying if FSU felt pressured during practice this week we could see them at their best which would result in a three score victory. If not we might see them squeak by again.

What I don't want to see is UL winning.

First and foremost, Clemson would get a lesser bowl game. Secondly and foremost, ESPiN would be delighted to tout an all SEC top four.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are good but going through a bunch of adjustments

Oct 30, 2014, 9:14 AM

New coach
New conference
Just about every road game is a place they've never been
Hurt WR

They certainly think they are good.

Oct 30, 2014, 9:27 AM

We congratulated a fan on a good game at a restaurant on the way home after the game. His only comment was to state they will be playing for the NC in two years.

I don't see anyway that happens

Oct 30, 2014, 9:37 AM

Last year they were 40th in Rivals recruiting rankings (without a single 4 or 5 star signee), and this this year they're 33rd (with only one 4 or 5 star commitment).

I know most of their talent comes from players who get kicked out of their SEC school and need a new home, but they don't recruit well enough to take the next step.

Yeah, there's that and then there's Watson...

Oct 30, 2014, 9:42 AM

which might make more a difference in them getting past us than a few stars on a resume.

I don't they're very good, not Top 25- I think their defense

Oct 30, 2014, 10:14 AM

is not as good as people/stats make it out to be, because they haven't played any good offenses. Just my opinion however.

Re: How good is Louisville?

Oct 30, 2014, 10:30 AM

let's hope they play their best game of the year tonight!

Good enough to beat FSU, but not so good that you

Oct 30, 2014, 10:38 AM

should bet the mortgage on it.

They are a tough matchup for FSU b/c their strengths mirror FSU's weaknesses.

Louisville has had trouble with giving up turnovers, if they can keep the ball they will probably win tonight. But they have some NFL talent on the roster, they can hang with about anybody.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic