Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The O this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 674

The O this year

Oct 30, 2014, 7:40 AM

I have been a Tiger for years and years and can't ever remember any time in the past that the injury bug has hit Clemson as hard as this year. I have read people down rating the offense for their poor production. They blame Morris, Stoudt, the O line, DJ Howard, the receiving corp and on an on.

It seems that some just want to be able to carp and complain about anything.
They don't see the true effort this team is putting in. The W's are not coming easy. And, its easy to see that the injuries are what is causing the lack of offensive production. Any fool should be able to see it.

I for one think Morris has done a remarkable job with making this offense even workable with what he had to work with. Every pre-season plan he made has had to be scrapped. Yet we are still winning. Yes, sometimes because of defense, but I don't care how, and you shouldn't either.

For all of you who always want to place blame, think about this. Last year UGA had the injury bug and finished I believe 7-5 for the year during their regular season. I'll bet we are gonna be way better than that, and we have had a similar year as far as injuries go.

Please stop the griping about this team, coaches and whatever. They are playing their hearts out and deserve our respect. And if you can't give respect at least just be silent. No need to tear our team down.

And yes, I am a glass half full guy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The O this year

Oct 30, 2014, 8:00 AM

If we played the schedule Georgia had last year, we would end up 7-5 or worse.

Re: The O this year

Oct 30, 2014, 8:14 AM

I'm glad there are still some true Tiger fans out here. As much as I hate what the offense looks like right now, I have to admit that we all have been spoiled by the past few years. I would rather us win with a great defense now and the offense come together for GTech and that team in Columbia and put up points then not have the BEST DEFENSE IN THE NATION right now. But you can't plz everyone

Re: You are right on target

Oct 30, 2014, 8:47 AM

Nothing is more disgusting than hearing tiger fans criticize our players. A QB, particularly, needs confidence and all this sniping can't help his confidence. Fortunately, he seems to consider the source and seems to maintain a winning attitude. Cole shows a lot more maturity than the naysayers on this board. If you are a player wearing Clemson colors, you have my full public support. If I have any negative thoughts, I am smart enough, courteous enough and have enough good judgment to keep those thoughts off message boards. The critics need to grow up!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If our players spend much time on Tnet they'll soon learn...

Oct 30, 2014, 8:51 AM

75% of those who insult and degrade our players are coots and the rest are coots too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't really see a lot of attacking players.

Oct 30, 2014, 9:05 AM

Folks that do that are, as you say, coots. Or morans. Or both. It is, however, not unreasonable to question the Chad for 3 offensive touchdowns in 12 quarters, injuries aside.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

What about one first down and 15 yards of total offense in

Oct 30, 2014, 8:51 AM

second half of Georgia game?

And only scoring on 3 of 7 trips into the red zone at FSU?

I don't think you can blame those on injuries, can you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I firmly lay the blame on...

Oct 30, 2014, 8:53 AM

two Playoff contenders for that one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? 15 yards of total offense in a half??

Oct 30, 2014, 8:56 AM

I'd think our 4th string offense wood be able to muster up that many yards -- even against the San Francisco 49ers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Look, I love me some the Chad.

Oct 30, 2014, 9:03 AM

And I don't want to see him run off or anything like that. But the fact of the matter is the offense has scored 3 offensive touchdowns in the last 12 quarters against what any reasonable person would agree is mostly inferior competition. Injuries seems like a weak excuse for that, especially in year 4 of this offense. Just my 2 since.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I have to agree. I can remember years that a key injury

Oct 30, 2014, 9:57 AM

would have killed our season. We have been able to get by. I do however have a few complaints. The main one is why we don't play certain players? Why did CJ get pulled after the fumble? I understand making a point, but he is our best quick strike guy left. Also, what happened to playing Dye? It seems we have to wait on RBs & WRs to be perfect before we put them on the field. Especially as blockers. Sometimes I think it's best to put them out there before they start thinking too much. Georgia has no problem with throwing a young talent out on the field and it seems to pay dividends. I think sometimes a young guy gets too caught up in the mental part instead of playing instinctively. Using his God given talent. I know mistakes come from that, but heck, we still have mistakes. They happen.

Replies: 10
| visibility 674
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic