Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2011 - CM hred to fix our running game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

2011 - CM hred to fix our running game

Oct 26, 2014, 12:02 AM

For those thow think i'm building a straw man's argument. 2 years before Chad, we were 28th in rushing. The year before, 79th. He's gone to Nevada to fix it... nothing. We're in year 4, and it's as bad as it's ever been.

I was screaming for Chad to be hired before most of you knew about him, so you can stop with the juvenile insults. and explain this to me:

2010 - CU rushing off ranked 79th at 139 ypg (pre-Chad)

2011 - CU rushing off ranked 59th at 158 ypg. (CM)

2012 - CU rushing off. ranked 36th at 191 ypg. (CM)

2013 - CU rushing off. ranked 52nd at 174 ypg. (CM)

2014 - CU rushing off. ranked 96th at 137 ypg. (CM)

now... in 2010, Chad's only year at Tulsa, they were 15th in the nation rushing the ball at 217 ypg. Once he left for CU, Tulsa was 28th in 2011 and 9th in 2012.

looking at those numbers, you could argue that Tulsa maintained their running game b/c of what Malzhan and other assistants built, then maintained after Chad left.

Especially when you look at CU's numbers since his arrival. Maybe he brought no running game with him, and he's trying to find it on the fly now...

Don't forget his performance in games where the talent is similar... such as FSU and SCU over the past 3.5 years. Should I post that record? Our talent is so much better than 75% of our schedule, it's not even close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Where are you getting that Chad was hired to improve our

Oct 26, 2014, 12:04 AM

Rushing? We hit red hi to improve our offense....quit singling out the one stat you don't like...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

you don't think not being able run the ball is the reason we

Oct 26, 2014, 12:06 AM

can't get our defense a rest? Why do you think it's preached by DAbo and Chad every single camp? We can't run the ball, and that's why we can't beat teams who's talent is similar... at least not more than 3 out of 13 times...

that's not an opinion

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Answer the question.***

Oct 26, 2014, 12:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

what are you asking? he has absolutely improved our

Oct 26, 2014, 12:09 AM

total numnbers... but he's rep is a smash smouth spread, and we haven't seen it in four years. That's why Dabo hired him.. smash mouth spread...

you ok with huge numbers of total offense only to have nothing to show for it against teams who's talent is similar to ours?

Answer the question.....

Oct 26, 2014, 12:13 AM

Where are you getting the idea thanChad was hired to improve our rushing?

(He did by the way).

Let it go man, let it go.

BRING IT!

i'm not bashing Chad.... I've been with Chad on the practice

Oct 26, 2014, 12:16 AM

field when he was at TU. I like him.

But what you see an offense w/o an identity. It shows in big games where talent is similar....

Clemson's offensive problems in big games recently come down to inability to run the football, period.

ANSWER THE ?***

Oct 26, 2014, 12:29 AM

BRING IT!

you're right... let me amend for you...

Oct 26, 2014, 12:34 AM

"morris has stated every year that we are going to fix the running game"

4 years of Robbie Caldwell coaching the oline...

Oct 26, 2014, 2:07 AM [ in reply to what are you asking? he has absolutely improved our ]

There is where the issue is at

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our top 2 receivers from last year

Oct 26, 2014, 12:07 AM [ in reply to you don't think not being able run the ball is the reason we ]

are playing in the NFL this year. Sammy will probably be ROY. So, maybe, just maybe, that's why we threw the ball more last year?

what?

Oct 26, 2014, 12:11 AM

the issue isn't run vs. pass...

history shows we can't get it done against teams with similar talent b/c we can't run the ball... period. we haven't been able to run it in three years

Ellington averaged over 5 yards a carry

His last 2 years, and yet we couldn't run the ball?

Re: Ellington averaged over 5 yards a carry

Oct 26, 2014, 12:15 AM

Stats prove we did not. How many times per game did Ellington carry the ball? Not many. That was the problem.

stats prove it and our record in those games prove it***

Oct 26, 2014, 12:18 AM

Over 200 carries his jr and sr year

Oct 26, 2014, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Ellington averaged over 5 yards a carry ]

Again, don't let the facts stop you, we have had a 1000 yard rusher the last 3 seasons.

Time of possession was in our favor against Syracuse

Oct 26, 2014, 2:11 AM [ in reply to you don't think not being able run the ball is the reason we ]

by a good bit. They got some rest, just not in the first few series.

Excellent Post

but what gives me some shred of hope is that gallman carried it 29/30 times tonight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I was pleased by that as well***

Handing off to Gallman was Cole's best play.***

Oct 26, 2014, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Excellent Post ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: 2011 - CM hred to fix our running game

Oct 26, 2014, 12:08 AM

I know that only one of those teams is actually in the SEC so perhaps you're overly eager to believe how bad we suck, but we have played - far and away - the toughest defensive schedule Chad Morris has coached against. In a transition year. With a ton of injuries.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At Tulsa he had a true running threat at QB. He's had that

Oct 26, 2014, 12:10 AM

3 games with Watson in his entire time here. Tahj was good a short yardage, but he was hardly a big play threat. Gus has had Newton and Marshall. It does make a differenc in this offense

i get it.... but what happens to all our talent in big games

we are so much more talented than Cuse, it's not even close... same can be said for BC. Does that mean those staff's are getting more with less?

I don't know

but i know that our inability to have an identity on offense has cost us against FSU and SCU for years, but we don't see it it in games where we can simply out talent people

The talent we do have is hurt or out of position in many

Oct 26, 2014, 12:21 AM

places. Seriously, can you ever remember a year with more injuries on one side of the ball? I sure can't. Cole cannot get the ball down field to our playmakers outside who are the only ones remotely healthy. He has little pocket presence or mobility. And having Battle suspended tonight and Norton get hurt was just the icing on the cake. Gus had a mediocre QB at Auburn his first and third years as OC and the offense was far less than it was with Newton and now Marshall. Same thing applies here. Get DW healthy, and the offense improves drastically just from his playmaking ability

i don't deny those things..... but you talk as if we have

Oct 26, 2014, 12:23 AM

shown success when we didn't have those injuries.

IMO, beating up on WF, BC, etc... is not progress. Dabo has bucked that trend and wins those games. We struggle mightily in games against teams with similar talent, and it's been that way since CM got here (really before that)

Really only against SCU and FSU. Auburn, Georgia, LSU

Oct 26, 2014, 12:27 AM

and Ohio St had as much if not more talent, and we've hung right there with them winning more than our share. FSU has more talent, you know that. SCU is the real anchor here

so if you include those games we are 7-13 in games that you

Oct 26, 2014, 12:30 AM

could argue "define" us and what we do?

right?

(that includes WVU as well)

Like I said, the real anchor here is the 0-5 against the

Oct 26, 2014, 12:35 AM

coots. WVU was a debacle that has clearly been fixed. Would you not agree with that? I'm not sure Bill Walsh would do much with Stoudt and the OL right now. Tonight we finished the game with our 2nd team LT, starting LG, 3rd team center, third team RG and 3rd team LT. That's why the timing of these poists by you seems odd to me. As someone who had supported Chad, now you kick him when he's working with less than any OC at Clemson since West was here due to the attrition

you talk like we had an identity before the injuries

Oct 26, 2014, 12:47 AM

that's my issue

Re: At Tulsa he had a true running threat at QB. He's had that

Oct 26, 2014, 12:23 AM [ in reply to At Tulsa he had a true running threat at QB. He's had that ]

Chad has not been here long enough to bring in the Q.B. he needs until this year?
If that is truly the case, he must be the worlds worst recruiter.

Here's a stat that matters!

Oct 26, 2014, 12:11 AM

Total yds/ game avg

2010- 334
2011- 440
2012- 512
2013- 509

Pretty impressive if u ask me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's swesome

what about games where talent is similar?

Re: that's swesome

Do we give up more points too when we face tougher opponents?

Funny how that happens isn't it?

So against better competition, we score less and get scored on more... Who'd of thunk it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you serious? so 3-10 against FSU and SCU is just

Oct 26, 2014, 12:24 AM

an indication that they're tougher?

how bout we win some of those games?

Re: you serious? so 3-10 against FSU and SCU is just

Oct 26, 2014, 12:31 AM

You would have us believe that the main reason we lost the games we lost is because of our running game right?

Not sure if you recall any of those games, but our D didn't exactly wow anyone in most of those and special teams has been the difference in a few.

Just not seeing the big picture here of how you are singling out the running game as the reason we have lost these games...not to mention the fact that you made up the original premiss that we hired Chad to establish a running game.

so we didn't hire chad to fix our runnign game?

just the overall offense...

however we can get it?

I will reply after you answer this for me

Oct 26, 2014, 12:37 AM

How many cats do you have? Seriously

Where's Our Trophies Then?

Oct 26, 2014, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Here's a stat that matters! ]

what York is saying is that no team, with equal talent, was afraid of our run game - period. that drive that ended the game tonight - that's a smash mouth run game. and that's what we have lacked

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Where's Our Trophies Then?

Oct 26, 2014, 12:18 AM
image.jpg(279.5 K)

Ok, let's look at the actual numbers

Oct 26, 2014, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Where's Our Trophies Then? ]

2012:

Teams with similar talent:

Auburn: 320 rushing yards - 1 td
FSU: 136 rushing yards - 1 td
South Carolina: 145 rushing yards 1 td
LSU: 99 rushing yards 1 td

2013:

Georgia: 197 rushing yards 2 TD
FSU: 123 rushing yards 1 td
South Carolina: 127 rushing yards 2 TD's
Ohio State: 198 rushing yards 1 TD

The only team to hold us under 100 rushing yards in 2012, 2013 was LSU, they held us to 99, but don't let facts get in the way. You're on a roll.

so you're happy with that mid 130 number?

Oct 26, 2014, 12:26 AM

that's good for about 80th in the country

against 2 of the best rush defenses in the nation

Oct 26, 2014, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Ok, let's look at the actual numbers ]

That's not bad.

Re: Here's another stat that matters!

Oct 26, 2014, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Here's a stat that matters! ]

Points/ game avg

2010- 24
2011- 33
2012- 41
2913- 40

Still impressive to me... Just sayin.

Hahahah

Oct 26, 2014, 12:15 AM

You should see what life offers outside of TNET.

Decade strong of driving points home to anonymous users.

Very valid points, and I think it's due to a combination of

Oct 26, 2014, 12:19 AM

things.

We had some recruiting failures. I think we missed on some O-Linemen. I think we failed to close on some high profile RBs.

We have have had an unbelievable rash of injuries for years. This years it has been unbelievable.

This is the hard part for me. Like you, I have always been a big Morris supporter. Having said that, I don't think we will ever have a dominant rushing game under Chad. At best, it will be good enough to set up the passing game. This leads to a lot of big plays, yards and points, but is not necessarily good in short yardage situations or when you just want to establish a running game first. Just my impression based on what I see as a pattern after several years now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

the point that NOBODY wants to admit is that

Oct 26, 2014, 12:22 AM

we can't get it done against teams with similar talent.... PERIOD. Yes, we have a win here and there to point too, but that's it..

3-10 vs. FSU adn SCU since DAbo took over

1-5 vs. FSU and SCU with CM

when we play teams with similar talent, we can't get it done... We overwhelmingly out talent 75% of our schedule

Ohio State and LSU disagree

FSU doesn't have similar talent. They have better talent by a good measure.

SCU, is really your only evidence for your argument.

It's not a good argument.

#####?

Oct 26, 2014, 12:27 AM

how does that happen with FSU.... it was just 4 years ago that we had beaten them 5 of 7. How does that gap widen so fast?

I thought we closed?

Our talent is on par with FSU, and you know it.

We lost in overtime this year

Oct 26, 2014, 12:28 AM

So I would say our talent was pretty even, you're correct.

QB play. QB play. QB play. QB play.

Oct 26, 2014, 12:31 AM [ in reply to #####? ]

That's why we beat them 5 out of 7. Don't be surprised if we start winning again soon. (Watson>everyone not named Winston)

We are close to FSU because we get more out of our scheme than they do, but they have a good bit more talent.

Winston is like Tebow, he's a once in a generation QB for his team. Once he leaves, FSU probably goes back to being the underachiever they were seen as just a few years ago.

We handled EJ and Ponder pretty well

Oct 26, 2014, 12:32 AM

Winston is a scum bag, but he can play QB with the best of them. Dude is a physical freak.

Yep.

EJ's last year we got roughed up because our defense was weak. The offense did pretty well, which goes against York's argument, but whatever...

I'll admit it

Oct 26, 2014, 12:31 AM [ in reply to the point that NOBODY wants to admit is that ]

Now can you please shut the #### up?

please produce one article or link

That says Chad came here to fix our running game.

As I recall he came to fix our overall inept offense that Napier and Spence ran...

Our offense has been great until this rash of injuries.

I'm still waiting on our invite to SEC or Big 12...

Re: please produce one article or link

Our offense was not "great" last year against The Criminoles and the Coots.

yea... it's been great....

Oct 26, 2014, 12:28 AM [ in reply to please produce one article or link ]

UCS and FSU love what we do on offense

please god, let it go…. booorrinng***

But CM has a good system for the Big 10-you said we were in!

Oct 26, 2014, 12:47 AM

LOL insider!!

Chad Morris does not coach the oline, Robbie Caldwell does***

Oct 26, 2014, 2:04 AM

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic