Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PGA President Fired for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,738

PGA President Fired for

Oct 25, 2014, 11:14 AM

Derogatory comments.

http://m.espn.go.com/golf/story?storyId=11756829&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As he shoud be

Oct 25, 2014, 11:18 AM

It's insulting to all women to be compared to Ian Pulter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

underrated post ^^^^^^^***

Oct 25, 2014, 11:22 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

That's considered sexist now?

Oct 25, 2014, 11:23 AM

I can see them saying it's inappropriate for the PGA Pres. to be making insulting tweets, but trying to make that out as sexist is ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That has always been sexist

Oct 25, 2014, 11:34 AM

Insinuating a short fall in personality by comparing him to a woman is sexist. Period. If he said his comments were like those of a black person, would it be racist? Of course. C'mon man, get with the times.

Says the guy whose tnet name is "nutcutter"

Oct 25, 2014, 11:37 AM

If we can't call complainers "little girls" anymore, I don't know what we can say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Says the guy whose tnet name is "nutcutter"

Oct 25, 2014, 11:39 AM

You and I can say it , but the head of a highly public and multi-gendered organization like the PGA ?
Nope.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Basically what I was saying

Oct 25, 2014, 11:47 AM

I'm all for keeping these people from making stupid tweets, but don't try to say the reason you're ousting him for those tweets is that stuff like this is "sexist." They clearly think they can bolster their case for getting rid of him by appealing to the PC police.

You don't live in the real world man

Oct 25, 2014, 11:54 AM

Like all professional sports the PGA tries desperately to recruit people to play their sport. The president of said organization comes out with multiple statements about Poulter being a girl - insinuating that he is lesser of a person like a girl. How is that not sexist?

Re: Basically what I was saying

Oct 25, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Basically what I was saying ]

What he said is insulting because it insinuates that females are criers , and that their not as capable as men at fortitude and staying strong .
All joking aside , that is a sexist statement to the letter.
I am not trying to argue the finer points of sexism in todays society , but you cannot be a figurehead in the public eye and say inflammatory things to or about distinct groups of people in jest.
PC or not , what he said was a mistake on his part and it rightfully cost him his job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He's saying that little girls are criers

Oct 25, 2014, 12:01 PM

Are they?

Re: He's saying that little girls are criers

Oct 25, 2014, 12:03 PM

Everyone cries , brother.

DB23

I'm crying (like a little girl) right now***

Oct 25, 2014, 2:52 PM

Re: Says the guy whose tnet name is "nutcutter"

Oct 25, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Says the guy whose tnet name is "nutcutter" ]

My handle is a reference to Venables' hiring press conference. It's not sexual, racist, or sexist.

If I called your kid a "little N***er", would that be acceptable?

Here's some more social advice. Don't make fun of people with disabilities. They can't help it. And sometimes people with financial problems aren't just morons living on food stamps.

In summary, you probably don't swing the biggest #### on the block so don't act like you do.

PC for thee, but not for me

Oct 25, 2014, 12:00 PM

Right. Pretty par for the course, to go along with the golf theme.

How in the world this has something to do with making fun of people with disabilities, I don't know. Unless you're mentally disabled.

To continue the pun

Oct 25, 2014, 12:20 PM

Making fun of mentally disabled is on par with making fun of black people or women or jews or short people.

You, accepting the mentality that it is okay to make fun of women is akin to all the other examples I listed. You are either a bigot or you are not. It's not a PC issue. Turn around and ask your wife if a woman can be president.

More irrelevance

Oct 25, 2014, 12:31 PM

Whether or not it's really sexist to say that a boy "plays ball like a girl" or a grown man is "acting like a little girl" has nothing to do with whether a woman can be president. Keep in mind that in this example, nobody is making fun of women (or whatever other group for which you're so zealously taking up the banner), they're making fun of a grown man for not acting like a grown man. So, if you really want to be accurate, insults like these are really more "ageist" or "homophobic" than they are sexist.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Re: To continue the pun

Oct 25, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to To continue the pun ]

Nutcutter must be a black gay enunch to make all of those lame comparisons.

Having a "ladies tee" is sexist. Tee it up with the big boys chickas***

Oct 25, 2014, 1:49 PM [ in reply to That has always been sexist ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Would it have been sexist if he had said the golfer

Oct 25, 2014, 11:55 AM

"Whines like a sissy boy?"

Tiger/Terrier

"homophobic". Just as crucifiable of an "offense". Oh the outrage.***

Oct 25, 2014, 1:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,738
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic