Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
looking for some clarification on something, please....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

looking for some clarification on something, please....

Oct 24, 2014, 12:52 PM

When anyjuan brings up our futility against FSU and SCU over the last 13 games, most people immediately start throwing out "big" games that we've won recently, especially OSU in the Orange Bowl last year. Fair enough.

However, a quick scan of the boreds this morning, and I can see from discussion that a great many feel that OSU's ranking is a sham, mainly b/c they've played no one and they lost to an awful VT team, at home. Fair enough.

Which is it? It was a good win, or it wasn't a good win? Or does it depend on what fits your position at that time?

it could be important

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

THEY HAD BRAXTON MILLER LAST YEAR

Oct 24, 2014, 12:54 PM

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT YOU MOUTH BREATHER??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^^pizzes up a rope***

Oct 24, 2014, 2:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the same vein it appears

Oct 24, 2014, 12:55 PM

that some folks want to consider BC a bad team since they beat USC but at the same time a pretty good team 'cause we beat them. What's up with that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

For the 349th time.....

Oct 24, 2014, 1:54 PM

we still don't agree with you, but don't let it bother you..

U mad, bro?

Oct 24, 2014, 2:00 PM

I still have yet to see a reasonable response to any of the questions posted today. I'm not bothered by it as much as I am surprised that folks are responding with "I don't agree" as opposed to sharing some actual evidence to substantiate their opinion.

In my opinion this whole OMG THE BIAS IS KEEPING US DOWN IN THE POLLS thing is nonsense. We are lucky to be ranked at all. I've listed my reasons why multiple times.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Not mad at all, but you seem a bit bothered

Oct 24, 2014, 2:43 PM

about the BC issue.

ok

Oct 24, 2014, 2:44 PM

thanks?

postkrzy at it again, I see.***

Oct 24, 2014, 12:59 PM

posted 3 topics of discussion today

Oct 24, 2014, 1:01 PM

rankings

top 10 wins

this juan

what's your point?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

because ray ray keeps visiting other schools and nd counts as acc win***

Oct 24, 2014, 12:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Ohio State this year != Ohio State last year***

Oct 24, 2014, 1:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

i can agree with that....

Oct 24, 2014, 1:12 PM

but the knock against OSU is always that they play no one, which is prolly right. I'm not saying that it wasn't a good win at all.

I'm just curious why people feel it was a win worthy throwing out when we clearly have an issue with FSU and SCU. Maybe it is, but no one says that FSU or SCU is overrated every year b/c of their schedule.

Maybe you feel better if I throw in LSU gane to package?

Oct 24, 2014, 1:13 PM

How you feel now?

I have always looked at it on a season by season basis...

Oct 24, 2014, 1:36 PM

I really don't think you can compare wins from previous seasons in college football because of the constant turnover of players each year. I know you also have turnover in the NFL but not on the same level. Let's say at best, we will have D. Watson for four years. The best QB's in the NFL have been with their teams for way longer than that (Brady, Manning with Indy, Brees, Rivers, etc).

What you can say is that it was a big win for that particular season. OSU was a big win for us last year. LSU was a big win for us two years ago. Georgia was a big win for us last year. Heck, beating Virginia Tech twice in one year was huge when we did a few years back it but wouldn't mean much now.

So while yes, over the last several years we have struggled mightily against FSU and Scar, we've had a lot of success against some other teams during that same time period. But what OSU has done this year with a different cast of characters (two that jump to mind are Miller being out and Hyde in the NFL) has no bearing on our victory last year.

this is exactly how I look at it. I take each on it's own

Oct 24, 2014, 2:24 PM

merit, any other way is for those that care more for the internet boards and trying to cast insult towards their rivals which I take no pleasure in. I just care about football and my Clemson Tigers and don't really care what you consider a good win.

Bob's already pizzed up this rope.***

Oct 24, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to I have always looked at it on a season by season basis... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: looking for some clarification on something, please....

Oct 24, 2014, 1:44 PM

I think top 15 is about right for OSU. How many different ways can you post the FSU/South Carolina question?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I asked about the OSU game..... why are you bringing up

Oct 24, 2014, 1:52 PM

FSU and SCU? What does that have to do with anything? We will turn the tide on them as soon as we close the gap.

Re: I asked about the OSU game..... why are you bringing up

Oct 24, 2014, 2:35 PM

I'm not even sure why we play the other 10-12 games a year. I'm gonna close my eyes and pretend it's 2003 again, back when everything was right with the world.

i don't understand what's hard about this

Oct 24, 2014, 3:17 PM

i'm saying that Dabo has beaten that demon and those games aren't issues anymore...

you know that, and you know that we have to start beating FSU and SCU, at least some

Re: i don't understand what's hard about this

Oct 24, 2014, 3:19 PM

It's next on his to do list.

i hear ya

Oct 24, 2014, 3:20 PM

we been sayin it a long time tho

Re: i hear ya

Oct 24, 2014, 3:27 PM

Since 2009, the winner of the Clemson-South Carolina/FSU game has finished higher in the polls or neither was ranked. Same goes for all the games against OSU. The South Carolina game in a month will be a good test for whether he's getting out coached or if it is just him needing the time to build a program that is consistently better.

As many ways as it takes to get an answer different than

Oct 24, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: looking for some clarification on something, please.... ]

one time we beat OSU and LSU and stop bashing the coaches/program. (not saying that is what you specifically are saying)

But I'm just spitballin'.

or is it? the gap is closed and we have tye better team now

Oct 24, 2014, 2:26 PM

any anyone that knows anything about football knows it.

OSU had a defense in the 100

Oct 24, 2014, 1:58 PM

that's the total story of the game and Clemson since Dabo has been coach , we lose to teams with better defense much more often than we win.

and this year we have a pretty stoudt defense.. remember

Oct 24, 2014, 2:28 PM

the old saying about defenses win championships. this day and age of the fast paced high scoring offense may appeal to some but a good defense is still a thing of beauty

what championship game are we playing in again?

Oct 24, 2014, 2:30 PM

;)

Most knowledgeable folks say, to win championships, you

Oct 24, 2014, 2:32 PM [ in reply to and this year we have a pretty stoudt defense.. remember ]

have to be able to run the ball and be able stop the run.

We're batting .500.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most knowledgeable folks say, to win championships, you

Oct 24, 2014, 2:36 PM

That's pretty good right? Nobody's hit .400 since Williams.

i don't understand what baseball has to do with this?***

Oct 24, 2014, 2:38 PM

Fire Jack!

Oct 24, 2014, 2:42 PM

Too soon?

That is entirely incorrect

Oct 24, 2014, 3:08 PM [ in reply to OSU had a defense in the 100 ]

Last year, Ohio State was ranked 84th in total defense, but that's only because they played a conference championship game. They actually gave up only 377 yards per game, good for 47th in the country. That's not great, but it's not "a defense in the 100." They also had the 9th ranked rush defense in the country.

Check your facts before you post something like that.

how many they lose from last year's defense?

Oct 24, 2014, 3:23 PM

Fact is we barely beat a 47th ranked D***

Oct 25, 2014, 6:38 PM [ in reply to That is entirely incorrect ]

So you see it?.....

Oct 24, 2014, 2:40 PM

OSU is not the same Black-eye team we played last year. All teams change a bit from year to year. (See TX A&M for example) ... The year end rivalry games are a crap shoot no matter the team levels going in. Consider that for many it is the last chance to leave it all on the field and to recover some glory in what could be a disappointing season.

With USC trying to win their first conference championship since 1969 and the best they can do in that time was be a bridesmaid in 2010, they tend to play us with the attitude that a win in the rivalry game makes it a successful season. Clemson has not had that same issue because we have been more successful in general than the coots. Poor chickens have forgotten what a conference title looks like and have only dreamed of what it would be like to have a National title in football.

Yes it is cliché, but win games and the rest will work itself out. I see no reason we can't have a 10-2 season this year. Your calling out the TIGERS that seem to always be downplaying our success no matter what happens.... I agree. It is lame.

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

who's downplaying success? I have repeatedly said that

Oct 24, 2014, 2:45 PM

Dabo has concquered the demon of losing games we shouldn't.

my question is simple.... when the futility of FSU and SCU is mentioned, er'yjuan jumps to games we won vs. OSU and LSU.... like i said, fair enough...

but if that's the case, how can you make the argument that "it's a year to year thing"?

either it is or it isn't... if it is, then we're 0-2 in big games this year...

if it isn't, then we're 3-10 vs. SCU and FSU over the last 13. It can't be both

and you and I both know that you won't find anywhere in my post history where i "bash" this staff or downplay success. We win what we should win.

Re: who's downplaying success? I have repeatedly said that

Oct 24, 2014, 2:48 PM

Maybe the confusion comes from whether or not this is a post about the program (more than just this year) or OSU being overrated this year.

i'm not sure what you are asking....

Oct 24, 2014, 2:52 PM

i have also said repeatedly that i'm not asking for anyone to be fired... but it's a little sickening for people to pretend like there's not issue's.

It's also insane to pretend like we have topped out b/c we aren't losing to the BCs and WF's anymore.

We don't lose to teams that we shouldn't, and Dabo deserves all the praise for that. However, we also don't beat anybody to turn heads. You and I both know that FSU and SCU define our seasons, period. That doesn't mean other games do not, but we are not losing those games. The ACCCG is played every year vs. FSU.

We are 3-10 vs. those two schools under Dabo. That's not asking for him to be fired. It's reality. At some point, this fan base will have to stop leaning on beating other ACC teams, and stop throwing injuries, NFL, etc.. out for lack of production on the ground.

There's a reason we are the perfect fanbase for the "Clemsoning" term.

Come on now....

Oct 24, 2014, 3:28 PM

You said .. "There's a reason we are the perfect fanbase for the "Clemsoning" term." I know I hate that term and consider it from dark days of our past.

FSU and us will always battle for the division until the ACC Basketball teams learn what a football is. FSU has had the advantage in recruiting and that may change soon. I believe we will beat USC this year and I have the feeling next year is going to a break out hear for us.

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

i didn't say the term was justified***

Oct 24, 2014, 3:44 PM

"The year end rivalry games are a crap shoot no matter the

Oct 24, 2014, 2:49 PM [ in reply to So you see it?..... ]

team levels going in."

This is a myth. I read before that the favored team in the Clemson-SCAR gane wins something like 70-75% of the time.

You seem quite fixated on this issue. ******

Oct 24, 2014, 2:55 PM

null

Ohio St?***

Oct 24, 2014, 2:56 PM

Clemson fans' concerns on our rankings. ******

Oct 24, 2014, 2:59 PM

null

only ranking mentioned there is OSU

Oct 24, 2014, 3:04 PM

not sure what you mean

Does OSU have the same players as last year? It could

Oct 24, 2014, 3:19 PM

be important.

i don't understand

Oct 24, 2014, 3:25 PM

if that's the point, why do people point out the wins over LSU and OSU to justify losing 10 of 13 to FSU and SCU?

if it's a year to year thing?

They doesn't be justifying losing to FSU and SC, they is

Oct 24, 2014, 3:32 PM

just pointing out that them Tigers be done whooped some good teams along the way.

I was merely pointing out that you can't poo-poo on last years win over OSU just because this years OSU team isn't good.

i agree... but i think you're wrong about the not justifying

Oct 24, 2014, 3:36 PM

losing...

not everyjuan... but a great many people point to those wins and say that we just have to close the gap on FSU and SCU...

doesn't make sense

Need clarification as well

Oct 24, 2014, 3:33 PM

Your reasoning seems flawed to the untrained eye (me). I say you don't have to pick one or the other. OSU can be a good win last year but can also be a bad team this year.

By your reasoning we might as well never include the coots in the "big game" discussion.

In 2013 USCjr lost to Tennessee, does that mean 2012 USCjr was bad?

In 2014 our little brother lost to Kentucky, does that mean 2013 little brothers were bad?

nope

Oct 24, 2014, 3:38 PM

the point is the tendency to use those wins to justify losses to in our biggest regular season games

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic