Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where is the smashmouth football?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Where is the smashmouth football?

Oct 24, 2014, 12:20 PM

This juan got buried deep in another thread:

Swinney hired the 43% at tulsa and the staff has continued to try and fix the run game even sending chad to nevada. also numerous mentions coming into this year on focusing on the run game[again] not because of games like "wake", because of games like UofL, unc & fsu where cu avg < 2.5 yards a carry. the staff knows & anyjuan honest knows, the way to the next level [yes, there is juan for clemson] is to be able to run the ball & run the clock when necessary. that is no easy task, but year 6, year 4 & things are the worst they've been. realistically, it may get harder as teams have more film on thechad, but "smashmouth football" imposes its will, not the other way around.

Note: Credit for the above goes to a Jamaican friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I predict that will be solved in the next two years with O-line

Oct 24, 2014, 12:25 PM

recruiting. I think we have decided to look for a bit more beef and not just athleticism among our big-ugglies.

That's playing out in the numbers and size of the O-line recruits.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

do i have the drunk

Oct 24, 2014, 12:29 PM

or the day sha view?

go football for compliance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

5 Words

Oct 24, 2014, 12:30 PM

Tyshon Dye over Mitch Hyatt

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I think somebody stabbed it in lot 4***

Oct 24, 2014, 12:31 PM

Re: Where is the smashmouth football?***

Oct 24, 2014, 12:37 PM

this has become my biggest complaint this year

Oct 24, 2014, 12:38 PM

and before the pansies come out and start calling me for bashing coaches, i was calling for Chad when he was at TU, before Dabo went after him. When he was at TU, he was about as close to balanced as you could be, and had a very productive run game.

I've given him three years, but there has been no improvement shown in that area. If we're talking about "next year" when we're in year 4, there's a problem, period. Don't give me injuries, etc... I would buy that if we had ever had a run game the last 3 years, but we haven't.

I'm not calling for his head now, but there's a problem when we're looking at next year's freshmen class to fix our run game after not having juan for 3 years.

just get it fixed

Message was edited by: york_tiger®

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

stats and bats , ugly girls and crack

Oct 24, 2014, 12:40 PM

As a scientist I completely agree with quantification.

However, college football is too dynamic to apply stats. Too many player changes, schedule differences, to many teams to quantify.
Vegas does it to steal yo money.
the media does it to sell beer and cars.... what's your angle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

probably low angle?

Oct 24, 2014, 12:41 PM

'cause bob.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

So then, exclusive of stats, would you say we've become

Oct 24, 2014, 12:48 PM [ in reply to stats and bats , ugly girls and crack ]

the "smashmouth offense" that the coaches talk about? Are we even headed in that direction?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, not even close.

Oct 24, 2014, 12:49 PM

hth

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Where is the smashmouth football?

Oct 24, 2014, 1:13 PM

FT INN TIGER gives you credit for the #1 COMPLAINT OF THE DAY - Clemson program is on a upward climb and to nit-pic over one area when we have had injuries that have held us is just wrong!!

it might be a difficult trip around the track for you

Oct 24, 2014, 1:23 PM

maybe.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Using injuries as a crutch in year 4

Oct 24, 2014, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Where is the smashmouth football? ]

is pretty lame, imho.

Re: Using injuries as a crutch in year 4

Oct 24, 2014, 1:35 PM

Sure is.

Next year there is absolutely no excuse. Plenty of RBs with experience (DJ will be replaced by Fuller), and the stud OTs are mid-year enrollies (they at least should evolve as second string at first and be fully capable by midseason).

Watson will be ready to run whatever pace is asked, as well.

Oh and I believe

Oct 24, 2014, 1:37 PM

Dabo has been the one to hold back the talented freshman,at the start of the season. This has given The Chad a pass on our two loses this year.

Won't be having that in 2015.

must be a big ### hill

Oct 24, 2014, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Where is the smashmouth football? ]

if we're still climbing after year 6, and year 4

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Can I use this credit to purchase

Oct 24, 2014, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Where is the smashmouth football? ]

women's lingerie?

Asking for a friend.

there's typcially some available at a certain home

Oct 24, 2014, 1:28 PM

after VPI loses games...

although jury's still out

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic