Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson IS the best 2 loss team. Check this poll data out.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,360

Clemson IS the best 2 loss team. Check this poll data out.

Oct 24, 2014, 11:19 AM

It matters WHEN in the season you lose. Wait...unless you're So Cal. Take a look now 7 games in at the 2 loss teams in AP top 25. (Ranking what teams were while played)

17. Oklahoma - Won 1st four games. losses to #25 TCU and #14 Kansas St - #17 HOW?
20. USC - Losses to NR BC and NR Arizona St - UNRANKED teams - again #20 HOW?

21. Clemson - 2 of first 3 games Losses to #12 @UGA and #1 @FSU- THE @s MATTER!

22. West Virginia - Lost 1st and 4th games to #2 Bama and #4 Oklahoma - WVU getting skarewed!
23. Marshall - They're 7-0 but put it here to make a point. Played NO ONE! Taking up space.
24. LSU - Won 1st 3, losses to NR Miss St (now #1) and #5 Auburn - LSU might be good. uh oh.
25. UCLA - Won 1st 4, losses to NR Utah and #12 Oregon. Someone else belongs here IMO.

Do with this what you will. My question is...how is Oklahoma #17 and USC #20? All other 2 loss teams below them lost to higher ranked teams. WVU and LSU much better teams than USC/Okl

The main point is...Clemson has had the most impressive and toughest schedule of two loss teams, maybe the country. What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My personal opinion is that

Oct 24, 2014, 11:23 AM

USC has one win over a top-15 team.

Our best win is unranked Louisville.

I don't find it unreasonable that we are ranked lower than USC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

You won't let this thing go, will you?

Oct 24, 2014, 12:22 PM

;)

Also, how is a loss to AZ St. a bad loss?

Oct 24, 2014, 11:25 AM

Aren't they #14 now? Are you meaning they were unranked at the time? If we are using that logic, then USC has TWO wins over top-15 teams.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Also, how is a loss to AZ St. a bad loss?

Oct 24, 2014, 11:28 AM

Yes, I used ranking at time played. Thats how its recorded by most including ESPN

Ok, so

Oct 24, 2014, 11:29 AM

in that case USC has two wins over top-15 teams.

Our best win is unranked Louisville.

Why should we be ranked higher than USC?

Re: Also, how is a loss to AZ St. a bad loss?

Oct 24, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Also, how is a loss to AZ St. a bad loss? ]

three actually. I suppose I was being more critical about the losses.

Agree

Oct 24, 2014, 11:25 AM

Thanks for putting that together. It's always interesting to see where you sit with teams that have the same record.

Without getting into the weeds,

Oct 24, 2014, 11:28 AM

we lost to FSU without their 1st string QB, we lost to UGA, and we have not defeated any ranked team. I won't quibble with their list. It will all come together when we are 10-2.

True about our wins...

Oct 24, 2014, 11:35 AM

but I find it hard to believe that UofL won't finish ranked, even though they've got a tough road to getting there because of their loss to UVa. Even if they don't beat FSU, they could finish up the year by beating BC, ND, and Kentucky all in a row.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC is way overrated, surprised OU didn't fall further

Oct 24, 2014, 11:33 AM

Other than that, I don't have a huge problem with those rankings. Marshall is really good and deserves to be ranked just as much as ECU does.

I don't think LSU is any good, though. Yes, they still have a lot of talent, but they're terrible offensively. They played MSU close at home, but I think MSU is actually pretty flawed. They came back to beat Wisconsin, but we know now that Wisconsin isn't very good. They also had to kick a 50 yard FG to beat a terrible Florida team that they allowed to score 27 points. Then Auburn curb stomped them by 34. In my opinion, LSU wouldn't finish better than 4th or 5th in our division after FSU, us, UofL, and maybe BC.

So, no, LSU is not "much better" than USC or Oklahoma. Heck, Oklahoma beat WVU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC lost to BC.... who almost beat us.... UCS also has

Oct 24, 2014, 1:22 PM

beaten Stanford and ASU

how is that overrated?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Looks to me like LSU has had the toughest schedule.

Oct 24, 2014, 1:30 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,360
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic