Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
unc tarholes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 490

unc tarholes

Oct 23, 2014, 10:21 AM

While playing golf at Oyster Bay Golf Links @ Sunset Beach,N.C. this am I talked with several men, and a few women that were sporting tarheel blue. I couldn't resist bringing up the scandal report from yesterday, and all I got from them was " we may have gotten caught but all power schools are doing it". They then tried to compare their mess to CU in '82. I just can't get over the arrogance they displayed. If the ncaa doesn't come down hard on unc then it should just go away. What do y'all think? Go TIGERS!! Beat 'cuse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think

Oct 23, 2014, 10:23 AM

I would love to eat some alligator bites at Crabby Oddwaters and I'm officially jealous of you.
If you fish, there are monster reds right under the bridge.

Re: unc tarholes

Oct 23, 2014, 10:51 AM

I recall that after our 'problems' with the ncaa in the early 80's, Clemson folks said the same thing ....'everyone is doing it'. Actually, most everyone was doing the same things that we did but the tarheel folks made sure we all knew that they were not doing anything wrong! Now the situation has done an about face with them. I find it amusing. The facts still remain that they had numerous players on their team that DID NOT qualify to enter Clemson. Everyone is concerned that these players were given special treatment as student athletes but the real question is how did these guys get into a university like chapel hill to begin with? Stand tall around these supercilious snobs. We are ahead of them in many ways. The ncaa is in a position where they will have to make a difficult decision for them. I love it. Can't wait until the round ballers become involved ... and they are!

See, I'd have gotten a little upset at those comments....

Oct 23, 2014, 11:03 AM

some rogue booster handing out envelopes with $20 or $30 bucks to players who had a great game, or giving hats and t-shirts to recruits or providing them with transportation PALES in comparison with the alpine height of academic fraud perpetrated on the rest of the NCAA members by a rogue university.

All collegiate majors do not possess the same degree of difficulty--thats just life. And probably all universities with strong athletic programs find those student-athletes clustered in some of the easier disciplines---but for the hierarchy of a university that arrogantly proclaimed itself the "Harvard of the South" to be giving out good grades to students who never attended class or never wrote "required" papers just to maintain their athletic eligibility borders on the criminal---its a fraud perpetrated on the taxpayers of the state of NC and since unc has received zillions in federal aid, its also a crime committed against every loyal taxpayer in the US.

Probably escalating the situation, I'd have had to express my opinion in the face of those light blue enablers

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every single tar'd heel says the same thing.

Oct 23, 2014, 11:12 AM

That everyone is doing it.

You would almost think they went to a class to learn to say that. Oh who am I kidding ? Went to class, sometimes I crack up myself

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 490
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic