Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The NCAA is standing in the corner, staring at the wet paint
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 725

The NCAA is standing in the corner, staring at the wet paint

Oct 23, 2014, 12:28 AM

http://www.ncaa.org/about/what-we-do/fairness-and-integrity

"We are committed to enforcing the rules and creating fair competition for student-athletes across the country. It's the responsibility of our universities, athletic programs, coaches, alumni, student-athletes, and ourselves to be fully accountable at every level as we promote student success both on and off the field.

No one is above the rules. The consequences for breaking them need to be clearly defined and consistently enforced. Our members in Division I revised their enforcement structure in August 2013 to focus on tough but fair penalties.

Our goal is to further strengthen our culture of personal responsibility and individual accountability. Unfortunately, some people will try to break the rules—but in order to ensure a fair system, the rules and the consequences have to apply to everyone. No exceptions."

http://www.ncaa.org/about/what-we-do/academics

Graduating from college is as important an achievement as winning on the field. We embrace our role in providing student-athletes the skills for what comes next in life. It’s our commitment – and our responsibility – to give young people opportunities to learn, play and succeed.

We do so in part by setting standards to make sure incoming student-athletes are prepared for college coursework, and by tracking their progress toward a degree once they’re on campus.

We release a report card for each Division I team every year called the Academic Progress Rate (APR). If half or more of the student-athletes aren’t on track to graduate, that team is ineligible to participate in postseason play. That’s how seriously we take our commitment.

We also release the Division I Graduation Success Rate (GSR) and the similar Division II Academic Success Rate (ASR), which shows that student-athletes graduate at higher rates than their peers in the general student body.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NCAA is standing in the corner, staring at the wet paint

Oct 23, 2014, 4:54 AM

Billion dollar organization with....what.....a 12 person investigation team.? SCAR spent $500,000 plus on a legal team from ALABAMA....flew out to California.....self imposed a few penalties....and probably had a few celabratory cocktails on the way home...INCLUDING the President of The University!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 725
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic