Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking out loud here.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Thinking out loud here.

Oct 22, 2014, 8:11 PM

I try not to second guess Coach Swinney's decision on who he hires on his staff, but I was thinking about one in particular. Andre Powell. It was the only coach that Dabo let go after earning the Head coaches position that I disagreed with mainly bc i didn't understand it. He was not only a good RB's coach but our Special teams coordinator. Something that it doesn't seem that we have now. Our return game on kick offs have been lacking luster. Maybe it's not the scheme but personel or the fact kick offs were moved up 10 yards. I like having Tony Elliot on our staff. He's great for recruiting and can probably relate with some of the student atheletes that others can't. Another reason i've been thinking about it is bc we haven't seemed to land that big name RB. Gurley and Marshall were close to coming to Clemson but we didn't seal the deal. I like Dye's potential but i'm not sure if we'll see him play at a 100% this year..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TJ Green definitely took a few out that he should have

Oct 22, 2014, 8:28 PM

taken a touch back on last week. Steward or Boulware seem to make 90% of the tackles between them on coverage. You could argue that Humphries return won us the game against Louisville. Its definitely not as exciting as having CJ back there, but those guys are few and far between.

Stupid auto correct

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thinking out loud here.

Oct 22, 2014, 8:50 PM

I believe it was recruiting that caused Coach Powell's demise. I also thought we had the best special teams back then and no one complained about the way Spiller performed under him. I do not have stats to back this up but some of you might be able to go back and review his recruiting record vs other Staff during the time he was here.

badge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic