Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dallas and our Chances in 2015
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 753

Dallas and our Chances in 2015

Oct 22, 2014, 4:17 PM

Maybe it's a little early to be looking ahead to next year, but i'll go ahead and put it out there that IMHO I think next year will be our best chance since the Danny Ford era to do something special. There are several reasons why I think that, but one of the biggest is being shown by how the Cowboys are playing right now. Dallas has the best record in the NFL, which is a huge surprise mainly because their defense was so bad last year and their offseason acquisitions and injuries made it look like it was only going to get worse this year. Their defense allowed a league worst 6.1 yards per play last year. Most people think they have made big improvements on defense this year. So it's a shock to see that their defense is actually allowing the exact same 6.1 yards per play this year, which is tied for last in the NFL. So how is it that one of the statistically worst teams can have the best record? From an article on espn:

"In reality, opponents are averaging the same number of yards per play -- 6.1 -- against the Cowboys this season as they were in 2013. {But the] Cowboys' offense has increased its average time of possession per game by nearly six minutes, from 29:01 to 34:42, according to our friends at ESPN Stats & Information. In turn, Cowboys opponents have been on the field less and have run about 12 fewer plays per game.

And how are they doing that?

“It’s the running game. Having a dominating running game affects every other aspect of the team. Keeping a young defense off the field so it’s not exposed is a key benefit and one that is critical to the Cowboys continuing to win games."

Most any analyst or boord poster will tell you that Clemson looks to have a great offense next year but possibly too much of a dropoff on defense to contend for a Championship. But between the stable of running backs that are returning and the freshmen coming in January (not to mention the rest of the offensive firepower), I think we will improve enough at the RB position to hold on to the ball for a lot longer and cancel out that drop off on defense. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll be pretty good next year but...

Oct 22, 2014, 4:20 PM

we should be absolutely lights-out and a legitimate contender in 2016.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: We'll be pretty good next year but...

Oct 22, 2014, 5:08 PM

I just don't see the Defensive dropoff. We won't be as good, but we will still be really good on D.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm only worried about this year

Oct 22, 2014, 6:27 PM

Thinking about next year, right now, is for the coots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 3
| visibility 753
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic