Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Top 25 this week (Oct. 25 version).....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 432

The Top 25 this week (Oct. 25 version).....

Oct 21, 2014, 4:16 PM

Using the Coaches Poll since we are rated higher there....

1) Mississippi State 6-0 (at Kentucky)

- Bulldogs likely keep winning here....tougher games ahead.

2) FSU 7-0 (BYE)

- Booooooooooooooo. That's all I want to say here.

3) Ole Miss 7-0 (at # 23 LSU)

- LSU sneaks back into the top 25 just in time to help Ole Miss only drop 2 spots if they lose. This will be a game to keep an eye on. Ole Miss could slip up here, but they also could prove that LSU belongs right back out of the top 25.

4) Alabama 6-1 (at Tennessee)

- Thinking that Bama wins here, but perhaps they are vulnerable on the road.

5) Michigan State 6-1 (Michigan)

- Spartans keep rolling....they have a good chance to win out and take a playoff spot.

6) Auburn 5-1 (SCAR)

- Everyone thinks Auburn will roll. They probably will. But something in the back of my mind says that Spurrier will find a way to keep this one closer than expected.

7) Oregan 6-1 (at Cal)

- Oregon wins here. They have a good chance to continue to position themselves for the playoff.

8) Notre Dame 6-1 (BYE)

- Notre Dame has some tough games coming up (at Arizona St., at USC, Louisville)...if they win all those they are playoff material. But they could also lose at least two of those.

9) Georgia 6-1 (BYE)

- When all the sec west teams beat each other and drop a half a spot in the polls, eventually UGA is going to creep up there. They get a BYE with Florida on the other side.

10) TCU 5-1 (Texas Tech)

- TCU keeps rolling here. But the Big 12 is staring at the likelihood of a bunch of 2 and 3 loss teams, since they actually have to play every other team in their conference.

11) Kansas State 5-1 (Texas)

- Kansas State looks really good this year. Their loss to Auburn was much like ours against FSU. They may be a factor when it is all said and done....perhaps the winner of the Kansas St/TCU game will be a playoff contender if they avoid another slip-up.

12) Ohio State 5-1 (at Penn State)

- Ohio State likely wins here. But there are a lot of top 25 teams better than the Buckeyes.

13) Baylor 6-1 (BYE)

- Baylor gets a week off to dust the ashes off of the couch. Something has to give with all these Big 12 teams.

14) Arizona State 5-1 (at Washington)

- Washington has been pretty underwhelming this year. But you never know.

15) Arizona 5-1 (at Washington State)

- Arizona will likely stumble again soon, but probably not this week. Washington State gave Oregon a tough time at home....but outside of that, they have struggled.

16) Nebraska 5-1 (Rutgers)

- Nebraska wins this one...I wonder if they ever think about going back to the Big 12.

17) ECU 5-1 (UConn)

- Pirates roll here. But they should not be ranked this high. Not with one loss. Their "big" wins are looking suspect now that the rest of the ACC is basically doing the same thing to UNC and VT.

18) Oklahoma 5-2 (BYE)

- Maybe we can pass them while they are on their BYE.

19) Utah 5-1 (# 21 USC)

- The good news with this game is that the Tigers will move ahead or stay ahead of one of these teams in the polls. In the AP poll both are ahead of us. They both will lose additional games after this one regardless....so we must simply stay the course.

20) Clemson 5-2 (Syracuse)

- Shhhhh....just keep winning and watch the others fall. There won't be as much movement this week. But that time is coming.

21) USC 5-2 (at # 19 Utah)

- See above.

22) Marshall 7-0 (FAU)

- I think Marshall and ECU should switch places.

23) LSU 6-2 (# 3 Ole Miss)

- If LSU wins here, they'll probably jump 12 spots or something like that. Not sure if that or Ole Miss staying at # 3 is more annoying.

24) Minnesota 6-1 (at Illinois)

- The Gophers will win again.

25) West Virginia 5-2 (at Oklahoma State)

- This has the makings of an upset. Long road trip after big home win.

- In summary, this looks to be a calmer week in the top 25. Only two games involved ranked teams playing each other, but there are a few games with unranked teams involved that will make it interesting. We probably won't see as much movement after this weekend. But it would be nice to perhaps creep up to # 18 with a win this week and perhaps to # 19 or 20 in the coaches poll. Many of the teams ahead of us have plenty of tough games to play and will play each other in the weeks to come. We must simply stay the course. I think we could realistically be in the top 15 prior to the Ga. Tech game and knocking on the door of the top 10 prior to the SCAR game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 432
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic