Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am surprised Florida hasnt fired Muschamp yet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 958

I am surprised Florida hasnt fired Muschamp yet

Oct 21, 2014, 1:26 PM

I mean is there anyone anywhere that thinks he has a chance of keeping the job? I wonder what they are waiting on?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am surprised Florida hasnt fired Muschamp yet

Oct 21, 2014, 1:36 PM

Maybe they don't have an assistant who they trust to be the interim coach. I'm sure they are working frantically behind the scenes to find someone, especially since they know they will have Michigan to compete with.

Rich Rod to Florida. Perfect fit.***

Oct 21, 2014, 1:54 PM

In all seriousness it would be a good fit. Florida fans would want a bit of swagger and excitement. I was raised a Gator and would approve this add.

Rich Rod has a good thing going now though out West. Not really sure who would energize their fan base. Whoever it is is probably coaching now so Muschamp finishes out the year.

Message was edited by: ninetytwotiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better than RichRod to Michigan? =p***

Oct 21, 2014, 1:56 PM

It’s very rare to benefit from firing a coach midseason

Oct 21, 2014, 1:37 PM

unless, it’s a very toxic situation. That’s the ultimate signal of giving up on the season and not only would that have an incredible impact on your team, but also on future recruits, especially the ones in the upcoming class.

If a team is under-achieving on the field, but the team is still responding to the coach, that coach deserves to keep his job until the end of the season. There’s really no point in making a change during a season if the players like the current coach. However, once the coach loses the locker room, barring contractual issues, there’s really no reason to wait.

I have no doubt the Florida AD is currently doing his due diligence and will conmtinue to do so throughout the rest of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I seem to remember a certain WR coach who benefited from

Oct 21, 2014, 1:39 PM

a mid-season firing. He beat the coots and got himself a pretty sweet gig.

I said it was rare not impossible....

Oct 21, 2014, 1:44 PM

and although the WR coach you mentioned benefitted, there is no denying, that decision hurt the school financially in addition to having an adverse effect on the incoming recruiting class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It all worked out in the end, however.***

Oct 21, 2014, 1:45 PM

Indeed and for the record....

Oct 21, 2014, 1:47 PM

I was not opposed to firing Bowden mid-season.

It was past time for him to go.

It's taken quite a few years to recover from that recruiting

Oct 21, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to It all worked out in the end, however.*** ]

hole. Getting only 12 players, many of questionable talent level, was a killer for a program that doesn't sign 30 plus players every year to compensate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd, Christian, Hot Rod, Meeks, Shatley, Shuey, and Thomas

Oct 21, 2014, 1:51 PM

All played very well for us. There are many schools who don't get 7 guys like that in a class of 25, let alone a dandy dozen.

We'll just have to disagree since I'm not going to get into

Oct 21, 2014, 1:58 PM

my reasons for my conclusion. Out of that group, Thomas and Meeks were the only ones drafted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd, Shatley and Shuey were VERY good college players.

Oct 21, 2014, 2:02 PM

I'd take any of them over Meeks or Thomas. So yes, we're going to have to disagree.

Wish 3 was enough.

Oct 21, 2014, 2:13 PM

But, this isn't basketball.

As we know, it will crush the current recruiting class.

Oct 21, 2014, 1:42 PM [ in reply to It’s very rare to benefit from firing a coach midseason ]

Best to maintain plausible deniability until the axe falls and a replacement can be named and the excitement for the future takes hold before another team can get in the door.

Re: As we know, it will crush the current recruiting class.

Oct 21, 2014, 1:48 PM

Looks like recruits are cautious as well. They only have 11 verbals right now per Rivals.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am surprised Florida hasnt fired Muschamp yet

Oct 21, 2014, 1:48 PM

Great answers. The capable assistant argument is a good one as well as the coach losing the locker room or not. I always assumed that once you decided to do it, you did it so any available coaches you might be interested in would know you were open. But I see some of the merit here in waiting.

Doesn't BUYOUT go down

Oct 21, 2014, 2:11 PM

if they wait till after the season?

Re: Doesn't BUYOUT go down

Oct 21, 2014, 2:39 PM

I was wondering about that. And hey- if Muschamp QUITS in frustration, they wouldn't have to pay a buyout, right?
That, or if there is some heinous breach of contract, like if he's arrested for having dead hookers in his basement or something. . . .

Replies: 18
| visibility 958
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic