Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our current ranking is spot on IMO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,003

Our current ranking is spot on IMO

Oct 21, 2014, 11:31 AM

I feel that we are right where we need to be. With our current injury situation beginning to get dangerous, our team has battled their tails off to gain the last 2 victories. We do not look like a top 15 or top 20 football team right now. Our D looks great, and has been the key reason for our last 2 W's. We have not looked great as a TEAM, which is what I believe the rankings are based! I will admit that there are some head scratchers with some of the rankings and definitely believe that these coaches and voters are unable to actually view a game to see how it plays out in order to determine how good a team really is(or how overranked they may be based on this same strategy). I feel we will continue to get better but we are still playing a lot of freshman or guys without a ton of experience. When we win out(no pressure, see what I did there) we will easily be a top 10 team yet again.

As for Syracuse, I foresee a final score of 34 - 13 victory for our Tigers!

A rank of right around 20 sounds right to me, what do my fellow TNetters think ?

Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our current ranking is spot on IMO

Oct 21, 2014, 11:33 AM

I think if you lose to #1 and # 9 on the road that mid teens is more accurate. Since you asked

Re: Our current ranking is spot on IMO

Oct 21, 2014, 12:17 PM

Think about where UGA would be if their AA kicker could make a chip-shot or the referee hadn't called the Todd Gurley TD back that the SEC sent an apology to UGA about.

I think we're somewhere between 14-18

Oct 21, 2014, 11:35 AM

This defense is just that good. Offense has been paltry, but at the same time the turnovers have been limited.

Alabama Lite, basically. They have a much better power running game, but they're not going to blow many great teams away on offense.

Only since you asked....

Oct 21, 2014, 11:37 AM

I think of the rankings kind of like who can beat who, so.....

given our current injuries and the team we are fielding this Saturday, I think we are about right, maybe high teens.

Now, if we were healthy with Watson, O-linemen, and Dye getting back in some sense of football shape, I think we could hang with anybody. So I would we would be fielding a Top 10 caliber team, but no way we would be ranked that high without winning out and an Orange Bowl win.

Injuries is why I have us at 20

Oct 21, 2014, 1:11 PM

but we still have 2 losses, albeit on the road in hostile environments in which we played well for the most part. I try not to always look at things with Orange colored glasses. I try for the objective point of view of looking at Clemson as an outsider(nearly impossible since I bleed Orange. As we get Watson healthy, Peake comes back into the fold(what is going on with him?), and our team continues to learn and progress we will end year strong!

Go Tigers!!

Rankings are based off where we are compared to other teams

Oct 21, 2014, 11:46 AM

Teams like Ohio State and Oklahoma being ranked ahead of us is just dumb based off who has played who and what the final scores were.

Re: Rankings are based off where we are compared to other teams

Oct 21, 2014, 12:04 PM

I can't help but sympathize with Oklahoma considering their loss was reminiscent of Clemson at FSU, better team lost.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Oct 21, 2014, 12:05 PM

But they lost at home to a couple teams outside the top 10. We lost to a top 10 UGA team and the #1 team, both on the road. And it was early in the season. No reason why we should be ranked lower than them, other than they started the season ranked higher than us.

Re: I agree

Oct 21, 2014, 12:10 PM

I blame Winston. That was a crappy scenario for Clemson, a win would have been discounted and the loss without him playing hurt us much more than if he had played.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like as soon as they lose a game

Oct 21, 2014, 12:39 PM

the university is going to lay down the hammer so they come away smelling like roses when in reality they're just using that scumbag for as long as they can. Those two deserve each other the way uSuC deserved/deserves Garcia.

Without injuries, we can hang with any team in the country

Oct 21, 2014, 12:35 PM

But with the injuries, we have a mediocre offense (At best)

I wish we were a little higher, and with the two losses we have I think we should be. We should have never fallen out of the top 25 in my opinion

Re: Without injuries, we can hang with any team in the country

Oct 21, 2014, 1:59 PM

I agree with all the injuries a win is a win..thats the sign of a good team when you lose the playmakers we have and still rely on each to pull it off...I am proud of the way this team has battled...with that being said I don't even know if our offense is mediocre right now...I think we are very close to the word bad. Its not even close to the same as when Watson plays, we take shots and let WR makes plays...I know we played a couple pretty good defenses but I think out off has better playmakers than that, I know young, but they have proven this year they can go up and make plays against anyone.

I gots to agree. We lost badly to UGA; lost to

Oct 21, 2014, 12:40 PM

a Winston-less 'Noles squad; barely beat Louisville and BC (we could have easily lost those 2 games).

The whole poll thing is stupid anyway. If you lose, you drop...doesn't matter who you lost to or how close the game was. If you win, you move up...doesn't matter who you beat or how close the game was.

Should we have dropped from 21st for losing to the #1 team minus their best player? No.
Should we have moved up for barely beating BC? No.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it's unfair to consider Clemson a top 15 team.

Oct 21, 2014, 12:47 PM

Bama, LSU, UGAy and half a dozen other SEC teams have lived and died by the power of their defense for a decade now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should be ranked 18...

Oct 21, 2014, 1:45 PM

Ahead of USC, ou, and ecu.
We should pass Nebraska, Utah and Arizona teams, OSU, msu as soon as they lose again.

For all our injuries, 4 game win streak shows this is a good team...possibly great when Watson and a few others return

Appreciate all the opinions my fellow Tigers

Oct 21, 2014, 4:59 PM

consensus seems to be we are close to where we should be at this point, maybe high teens. I can see us winning out much more easily than many of the teams ahead of us which bodes well for our Tigers. We can hopefully get healthy before the Lamecocks and run them up and down the field to end our regular season on an excellent note!!

Go Tigers!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,003
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic