Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU's fanbase acting like the media is on a witch hunt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,214

FSU's fanbase acting like the media is on a witch hunt

Oct 21, 2014, 10:22 AM

with Jameis Winston is utterly laughable. Saw all kinds of signs on Gameday last week. Man are they delusional

Let us review

1) Allegedly raped a drunk woman who he didn't really know, and then dumped her on a street corner.
POSSIBLE RAPIST. No repercussions for his actions

2) Shot up the campus with BB guns, Definite VANDAL. Again no repercussions

3) Arrested for being a thief. STEALING. Swept away with virtually no penalty

4) Vulgar obscenities shouted objectifying women in public. LEWDNESS, PUBLIC VULGARITY. 1 game
suspension

5) Pretty much confirmed LIAR as to autograph signing of memorabilia. It doesn't matter if you
agree with the NCAA stance on it or not, it's a rule breaker. Again no penalty because the
LIAR said he didn't take money.

RAPE, VANDALISM, THEFT, LEWDNESS, LIAR

All we need now is arson, murder, assault, kidnapping

How any FSU fan can back this guy is incredible. Jimbo has balls the size of a mouse.

This is a case of the inmates running the asylum. Lack of institutional control, from coaches
to administration, to campus police, to Tally police, to the fanbase. Rotten to the core

Can't wait for the arrival of Karma on this situation. It's gonna be epic

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There comes a point when there's

Oct 21, 2014, 10:27 AM

enough smoke, the fire department will eventually come. That is what is happening with FSU. I would not be surprised to see Jumbo Fisher fired over this mess, especially of there's something else coming down the line. You can only plead ignorance for so long before you're culpable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another high profile situation and it's the ol

Oct 21, 2014, 11:02 AM

"Lack of institutional control " charge. Let's see how good those recruiting classes are w/ 10 less schollies a year Jimbo.

Well, I am not usually one to defend FSU...

Oct 21, 2014, 12:07 PM

but at this point, the media keeps acting like he was found guilty of rape and that is the most serious, troubling charge here. His other acts point mostly to character flaws. Stealing crab legs, acting out a vulgar meme in the student union, signing memorabilia are not things that really rise to the level of dismissal or even probation, but maybe suspension for a game or two.

The media (mostly ESecPN)keeps rehashing this stuff and trying him in the court of public opinion. It seems to me there's an agenda against FSU by pro-SEC forces to get them out of the picture for the playoffs. And while I am no fan of FSU or Jamis, I can tell a media hype fest when I see one.

What is worse than being raped? Being falsely accused of being a rapist.

Come on folks. What is to be gained by all of this tearing down and potential destruction in the court of public opinion of a young guy like this? It wreaks of jealousy and hate.

He is on a short leash for sure, but let's give it a rest.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, I am not usually one to defend FSU...

Oct 21, 2014, 12:13 PM

I would say he has been convicted of rape in the court of public opinion because of the actions take by FSU admin to impede the investigation and allow the legal process to play out. FSU AD had the police report and set him up with a lawyer before it was given to the DA. That comes off to many as their AD knew something happened (or assumed based on his character). If a proper investigation had been allowed to happen, then we would know.

The Code of Conduct hearings having not happened yet is an absolute joke. They have made zero effort to go through the process - which points to guilt or cover up in public opinion. Everyone knows he will not have a hearing until January, 2 years after the incident, and will declare for the draft before that thus never having any discipline on a serious accusation.

Oct 21, 2014, 8:03 PM

That is not our justice system. To say that FSU has thwarted our justice system is a very serious charge. JW is not personally responsible for that.

Yep, not even enough evidence to charge him

Oct 21, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Well, I am not usually one to defend FSU... ]

That doesn't mean they won't find him guilty of breaking the student code in this hearing, though. Things are very stacked against the accused in campus sexual assault hearings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there any proof that he didn't do it?***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Well, I am not usually one to defend FSU... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Is there any proof that he didn't do it?***

Oct 21, 2014, 8:06 PM

You sound like the left who always drive on the "seriousness of the charges".

########!

The only reason he wasn't found guilty of rape

Oct 21, 2014, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Well, I am not usually one to defend FSU... ]

was because FSU and the Tallahassee PD made sure that wouldn't happen.

Hard to convict someone when all the evidence gets swept away.

that ,,,

Oct 21, 2014, 7:27 PM

he has not been found not guilty of rape because he has not been charged with rape or gone to trial...YET...but with the Feds there, it may be coming

Oct 21, 2014, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Well, I am not usually one to defend FSU... ]

What is worse than being raped? Being falsely accused of being a rapist.

or a woman that has been raped and no one believes her and she becomes the ho....that is why about 80% of rape is not reported.

Character flaw??? LOL..it is more an ego flaw. He thinks he is above others and he IS JAMEIS WISNTON. He knows he has jimbo and the town of tallahassee wrapped around this finger.

The agenda is for the truth!

Short leash??? He has never had a leash and never will unless the Feds put a choker chain on him

Yeah the Tallahasse PD totally botched the investigation

Oct 21, 2014, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Well, I am not usually one to defend FSU... ]

because Winston was innocent

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: FSU's fanbase acting like the media is on a witch hunt

Oct 21, 2014, 7:15 PM

I would say the NY Times is legitimately investigating this story heavily, although I'm not sure what the motive is for that since the NYT seems to usually have a clear motive for their reporting. As far as espn coverage goes, they do seem to be rooting for a failure. But they are just as good as any drama based news medium at this point. Just looking for ratings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 7:31 PM

Criminoles!

Oct 21, 2014, 7:42 PM

None of us know for sure on the rape allegations. But he was never charged. Not enough evidence and honestly reading the reports the accuser's story was flimsy. It's tough.

What's worse than rape? Being falsely accused of rape.

What's worse than being falsely accused of rape? Being a real victim of rape and having people attacking calling you a slut and a cleat chaser after you were brave enough to report it.

I have no clue. Either way it's horrible for someone. But this is the USA and he is innocent in the eyes of the law. I think we have to just leave it there unless some proof shows up.

As much as I dislike FSU, I have sympathy for them. There are legitimate problems but FSU's biggest mistake was dethroning the SEC last year. That has sent eSECpn into overdrive trying to tear them and the ACC down.

I'm not a ACC homer, living vicariously through the achievements of our conference brethren (see coot fan manual, page 1). But, if Clemson can't make the playoffs this year, I am reluctantly pulling for FSU to do it bc I think it benefits all of college football for the SEC to be embarrassed in the playoffs. If there was a FSU vs. Miss St match up, I would love to see FSU crush them. No team from the big 10 can beat the sec's best. They've proven that over and over again. That's why the SEC bowl record is so good over the past decade... Bc they have arranged to play so many B1G teams who are always frauds. Nice traditions, money and big names, but little else. Maybe Oregon, TCU or K state could beat eSECpn. But, FSU is the best chance to do it (again) and hopefully change the conversation in college football.

If it looks like a witch,

Oct 21, 2014, 7:45 PM

Walks like a witch, talks like a witch, chances are...

It is a witch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 21, 2014, 7:52 PM

Steals Crab legs but doesn't take money for autographs?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly..

Oct 21, 2014, 7:53 PM

if he would quit making stupid decisions then the media would have nothing to report about him..fsu fans and admin reminds me of those parents who always blame the teahers for their kids doing bad in school and what not

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,214
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic