Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting Discussion on WCCP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,837

Interesting Discussion on WCCP

Oct 21, 2014, 7:58 AM

First, the question was brought up if Florida were to fire Muschump, would Second Choice go after him for DC. I say if he coaches there as well as he did as a HC at Florida, go for it. SO keeps making terrible decisions and I'm hoping he leaves the chickens in as terrible as he found the coots. I like that idea. If that happened, he would go down as one of my favorite coaches of all time, taking those dirt peckers so close to being relevant nationally for the first time in their history, then staying long enough to destroy every thing he created. I like that idea.

The second idea was if Florida would go after Dabo. Personally, I believe it is Bama or bust for Dabo, but I would like us to play devil's advocate for a moment. Do we promote Venables or go after someone completely unrelated? I think we promote Venables.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting Discussion on WCCP

Oct 21, 2014, 8:03 AM

Gotta think coach V is the choice.

You think Chad would hang around with BV running the show?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By all accounts, Muschamp was a better DC than a HC

Oct 21, 2014, 8:04 AM

With respect to Dabo, I don't believe he would voluntarily leave Clemson (except possibly for Alabama). Besides, at this point in time, Clemson is certainly just as good if not a better job than Florida.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 21, 2014, 8:05 AM

As much as hate to bring up the idea, Muschamp might be the d-cordinater in cootville next year. Whammy's ticket has been punched. Muschamp sucks as a head coach, but no one can deny he's not a great defensive mind. No one's bothered to tell him him what to do when he has the ball unfortunately for him.

Oct 21, 2014, 8:08 AM

Dabo won't leave Clemson for UF, IMO. If he did, however, I bet he would try to take both BV and CM with him. Don't know if either would go as an assistant, but a HC job from UF might be quicker than one from us, just because of all the SECheat hype and media bias.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 8:11 AM

There are a number of reasons I doubt Dabo would leave Clemson (except for Bama). First and foremost would be the fact that Clemson took a chance on Dabo when almost NO other school would have done so. I think Dabo is the kind of guy that would never forget that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 8:20 AM

And to your point, Clemson stuck by him when the times were not so good...they have had patience for him to mature...I do not see Swinney ever leaving here except for his alma mater....that is understandable...but to go to another program is not much of an "all in" example for him to set and I do believe he is a man of commitment

this sounds exactly like the Danny Ford conversation***

Oct 21, 2014, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting Discussion on WCCP ]

Oct 21, 2014, 8:22 AM

Dabo isn't moving his family out of clemson right now. His wife and kids love it and money isn't that important to him, family is way more important.

I don't think Muschamp works anywhere next year, most coaches who get fired from big time programs take some time off.

Interesting Discussion on WCCP = Oxymoron = Jumbo Shrimp***

Oct 21, 2014, 8:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No chance Dabo goes to UF, but I do think UF would

Oct 21, 2014, 8:30 AM

give him a call.

I'd call...

Stoops
Petrino
Brian Kelly
Dabo

At least gauge the interest of these 4 before moving on to...

Mullen
Hugh Freeze
Chad Morris

and yes I do believe Muschamp would most likely end up at SCar which would be terrible for us. Great recruiter and can coach defense with the best in the country. Hopefully it doesn't happen, but I think it would be a huge upgrade if you can get him.

Cluckers need to be hunting their next head coach

Oct 21, 2014, 8:45 AM

I doubt they would hire Muschamp because they probably wouldn't want him to be promoted to HC when Spurrier hangs them up in a couple years.

I think Spurrier will be hiring his hand-picked successor as his new DC if he can.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Bama would go after Venables before Dabo.***

Oct 21, 2014, 8:55 AM

The whole discussion

Oct 21, 2014, 11:25 AM

was, if Spurrier would bring in Muschump and leave the following year with him (Muschimp) in charge. Additionally, I really believe, looking at Texas, his defenses were more about talent than planning or scheme. Besides, BV proved he is a better coordinator several times.

So what you're saying is...

Oct 21, 2014, 11:27 AM

finding something interesting to talk about is difficult even when it's not downtime?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,837
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic