Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson PASS D is #2 in Nation allowing only 40% completions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,295

Clemson PASS D is #2 in Nation allowing only 40% completions

Oct 21, 2014, 12:04 AM

GoTiGERS...keep improving Men and winning tOO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Bill

Oct 21, 2014, 12:10 AM

My D only operates at about 40% completions as well.

I think I need to see a doctor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Skrong Peters = Skrong D***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:35 PM

Faced a lot of running and/or bad QBs so far

Oct 21, 2014, 12:55 AM

Even so, their stats against us have been much worse than they were against others. The only QB to put up respectable numbers against us was Marquise Williams, and I think UNC is showing that they're a really good offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a surprising post for you

Oct 21, 2014, 1:14 AM

Did you actually say something negative about our opponents and their QB's?

I'm thinking that your perception of them as "bad" is a direct result of having played us. Jacoby Brissett seemed pretty hyped coming into our game. Reggie Bonnafon was supposed to be hitting his stride and a legit dual-threat guy. Tyler Murphy made the real USC look silly and is on pace to break Woody Dantzler's rushing record in a single season for an ACC QB.

Until we stifled them, I'm not quite sure they were being labeled as "bad QB's".

Are you always wrong, or just since you registered for tnet?

Oct 21, 2014, 4:24 AM

Bonnafon hasn't been any good. The closest thing he's had to a good game was against Wake when he was only 16 of 32 for 206 yards.

Brissett is an OK QB, but he hasn't really done anything great this year outside of the FSU game.

If you were able to read through the blinders you like to put up, you'd see that I said the QBs we've played that weren't pretty bad who we shut down were running QBs- like Tyler Murphy. In fact, we may get through this whole season without playing an above average QB because Winston was out when we played FSU.

I'm sure you won't, but if you'd educate yourself, you'd realize that the truth about other teams is nothing to be afraid of. Too many people on tnet are almost as ignorant of other teams as you are, which leads them all to expect us to beat teams like UofL and BC by 30 just because we shut out NC State. Then they're disappointed and unable to appreciate wins that aren't sufficiently dominant.

And if you're offended by reading something other than uninformed trash talk about other teams, then maybe it's you that lacks confidence in Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Faced a lot of running and/or bad QBs so far

Oct 21, 2014, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Faced a lot of running and/or bad QBs so far ]

Yeah, Winston, Mason, and Brissett are all awful QBs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Faced a lot of running and/or bad QBs so far

Oct 21, 2014, 6:35 AM

But for a few broken plays and some bad coverage mistakes our back 4 has been pretty solid.
Our front 7 is phenomenal and has gotten great pressure on the passers when they aren't throwing them to the ground.
Check out our rank in the TFL sector ...it is very telling .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yes, Mason is an awful QB

Oct 21, 2014, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Faced a lot of running and/or bad QBs so far ]

We didn't play against Winston, and Brissett hasn't done anything outside of the FSU game. Get a clue.

Link?***

Oct 21, 2014, 1:51 AM

And #1 in 3rd down defense.***

Oct 21, 2014, 6:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Consider our Offensive Pass D for a moment...

Oct 21, 2014, 6:46 AM

There were two balls that should have been intercepted by BC that our receivers knocked down.

It's infectious!

Even our O plays D well!

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,295
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic