Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need 2 tix vs Syracuse face value lower bowll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Need 2 tix vs Syracuse face value lower bowll

Oct 20, 2014, 9:52 PM

Looking for 2 tix vs Syracuse lower bowl at face value

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need 2 tix vs Syracuse face value lower bowll

Oct 20, 2014, 10:17 PM

Aren't season tickets at face?

Crump <3 $EC

So what you are saying

Oct 20, 2014, 10:26 PM

Is you want somebody to sell their tickets to you, missing the game themselves while also losing money?

I will never understand people that ##### on here about having to pay more than face value. It's kind of the point of selling them.

Tickets are worth what the market will bear

Oct 20, 2014, 10:40 PM

Reasons people sell tickets:

1) already bought them and can't use them
2) scarcity has driven prices up, and seller values making a buck over pulling for their team

There is no crime in a buyer refusing to pay over face value, just as there is no crime in a seller refusing to sell for face value or less. But there is always another seller, and stubbornness may force you to eat your tickets.

Seller trying to find out how desperate the buyer is to see the game; buyer trying to determine how badly the seller wants to get something out of the tickets he can't use.

Supply and demand, my friend...

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

besides, "face value" is not what they cost. It ignores the

Oct 20, 2014, 10:57 PM

seat equity donation to even be able to buy them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

so anybody who buys tickets solely for speculative purposes

Oct 20, 2014, 11:03 PM

Has more money than sense. People should buy then to use them, not to sell them.

lower deck sideline season tickets are worth about double what they cost***

Oct 20, 2014, 11:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Absolutely! I have to donate enough money every year just

Oct 21, 2014, 7:14 AM

to maintain lower deck tickets. I haven't done the math, but I'll speculate that the tickets cost at LEAST double face value.

how, then, have I managed to buy tickets to the last 2 games

Oct 21, 2014, 7:26 AM [ in reply to lower deck sideline season tickets are worth about double what they cost*** ]

In the lower deck, between the 25 and the 50, for face value, from complete strangers, who owed me nothing?

I must be quite the negotiator!

Re: how, then, have I managed to buy tickets to the last 2 games

Oct 21, 2014, 8:01 AM

You probably ran across a fellow fan like me. I'd rather sell my tickets to a Tiger fan for face value if it puts a body in the seat if I can't go. I won't sell my tickets to an opposing team fan and know about it. Yea, they cost me more than face but I don't sweat it.

Exactly, I sold two of my tickets to a man and his son for

Oct 21, 2014, 9:24 AM

half price knowing they would enjoy the seats. Were they worth more? Absolutely!

I have no doubt that I could have sold them for more based on the amount of people trying to buy tickets at the time.

Re: besides, "face value" is not what they cost. It ignores the

Oct 21, 2014, 11:27 AM [ in reply to besides, "face value" is not what they cost. It ignores the ]

People who try to get a lot of their booster fees (seat equity)back are really lining their pockets. 80% of your donation is tax deductible. But people soon forget this when they are selling tickets for a price way above face value.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand the economics

Oct 20, 2014, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Tickets are worth what the market will bear ]

Which is exactly why it confuses me as to why people feel entitled to pay less than what I pay for season tickets.

I understand there are anomalies, but the market equilibrium lies somewhere above the face value of the tickets. Trade can't take place unless both parties benefit.

So if I buy a car, and then decide I don't want it

Oct 20, 2014, 11:08 PM

I should be able to expect you or someone else to pay me MSRP+?

The seller benefits by not forfeiting the full cost of the ticket.

This is a laughable example*******

Oct 21, 2014, 12:17 AM

I don't think cars and pieces of paper that give you a seat

Oct 21, 2014, 12:37 AM [ in reply to So if I buy a car, and then decide I don't want it ]

at an entertainment venue are good comparisons.

Also, like above posters have said...people have paid quite a bit over a period of time to get premium lower section seats, so there is more to it than just the price printed on the ticket...

Besides, it's worth is what anyone is willing to pay. I'd be willing to bet there are others out there willing to pay a little more for those tickets which means the OP is probably gonna be out of luck.

If someone asks absurd prices...then they'll probably get stuck with a piece of paper unless someone with more money than sense comes along...

I agree with you

Oct 21, 2014, 7:20 AM

It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Said so above. Clearly, it is worth to the seller what he has inveted in it. But why bash the potential buyer for stating clearly what it is worth to him?

What if I worked 20 years for Blockbuster Video, investing much of my hard earned cash in an employee stock purchase plan, then needed to turn those shares into cash? Could I resoably expect someone to pay me at least what I paid?

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

I d don't understand why people who sell tickets

Oct 21, 2014, 7:19 AM [ in reply to I understand the economics ]

Get bent out of shape when people don't volunteer to offer $3000 per ticket.

The guy is willing to pay x dollars. Sell or don't sell. No need for either party to be upset. Move on to the next offer.

Do people sit there and argue with the gas pump every time gas changes price?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If that's where it ended, there would be no problem

Oct 21, 2014, 8:14 AM

But there are a lot of people on here that think it is greed on behalf if the season ticket holders that keeps anyone from selling at face value. Then they all seem to pull the Clemson family card to make it seem like some huge injustice that they can't get someone to sell them the exact seats they want for the price they want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't begrudge anyone trying to recoup their cost

Oct 21, 2014, 10:17 AM

I don't buy season tickets, but I do contribute to both the Clemson Fund and IPTAY.

I choose not to buy tickets because I have a family of 5, live 250 miles away, and value attending my kids' athletic and other events. I also have a wife who works weekends at times.

We come to every game we can, but rarely do all 5 of us attend one together (1 time so far this year). None of us came to UNC or SCSU. Season tickets do not make sense for us, so we rely on the open market. We pay as little as we can get away with.

If someone insists on getting more than we are willing to pay, we move on...no hard feelings.

Good post.

Oct 21, 2014, 12:26 PM

I'm in the exact same boat (family of 5 and a member of Iptay without season tix)

I personally think its annoying to see posts asking for "cheap" tickets and making arguments or complaining about how expensive tickets are especially considering there is a dedicated ticket board on T-Net.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I d don't understand why people who sell tickets

Oct 21, 2014, 8:15 AM [ in reply to I d don't understand why people who sell tickets ]

"Do people sit there and argue with the gas pump every time gas changes price? "

I do, but only when the price goes UP. No sense in being an idiot about it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need 2 tix vs Syracuse face value lower bowll

Oct 21, 2014, 11:31 AM

He's right there isn't anything wrong with selling over face value, but as a buyer I wouldn't pay over face. Scalp tickets outside of the WEZ before the game. That's what I've done. You get good tickets at a great price. Just be patient and you'll get them. I normally Scalp about an hour before kickoff so I don't miss anything and pay below face value. Best of luck to you.

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

This guy gets it.

Oct 21, 2014, 12:28 PM

Just go to the stadium and get your tickets on game day. There will be lots of sellers in a panic. I used to scalp my extra tickets and I can't tell you the number of times a buyer backed out on Friday night. It happens. You get mad at the buyer, promise to eat the tickets rather than dump them for face or below, wake up on Saturday morning and remember than even below face for a few tickets will pay for some refreshments at the stadium.

You'll won't be able to take a lap around the outside of the stadium without tripping over people who are trying to unload tickets at the last minute.

The going rate this season has been $20/per for lower

Oct 21, 2014, 12:57 PM

deck tickets. Just buy them from a non-scalper outside the stadium.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic