Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If this CU Football team goes 10-2.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,448

If this CU Football team goes 10-2.....

Oct 19, 2014, 10:16 PM

that is one helluva regular season for our program. Replacing Sammy, Tajh, Catman and Hot Rod on offense, a brutal road schedule during the fist third of the season, and now all the injuries on both sides of the ball. Yeah, we messed up at FSU, but still, 10-2 would put us in a rare position in CFB...we definitely RELOADED and did not rebuild. Has it been pretty? Heck no. Have there been personnel questions, yes. Have there been coaching questions, heck yes. But at the end of the regular season if we are 10-2, just think what that does for the future of our program? Our stud defense, young receivers and our QB play(Watson and Stoudt) will have done enough to hold onto our top 5 recruiting class and get us back to the Orange Bowl. Folks that's huge and Clemson is more than just relevant in '15 and '16......and that is the differnce in reloading and rebuilding. This fan is very proud of this team and their coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If this CU Football team goes 10-2.....

Oct 19, 2014, 10:18 PM

Replacing what we have and then dealing with the injuries and adversity along the way I would say that 9-3 would be considered a helluva season .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 20, 2014, 4:41 AM

9-3 would be a helluva
a season if the third loss is to anybody other than the coots.
Losing to the coots would mean no wins over a top 25 program,a 6th straight defeat to the coots
which has never happened,and would mean ending the "regular" seaon on a losing note
just as we started.
It would also mean losing to two SEC teams.
I would rather lose to the Yellow Jackets than the #####.
However,after the two hugh wins against Louisville,and Boston College,
there is no reason to think we can't win out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2014, 4:49 PM

Since when does beating the coots count as a Top 25 win?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here!

Oct 19, 2014, 10:19 PM

An OB appearance and a trouncing of ND will make this one of our better years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2014, 10:20 PM

I am most proud that we are finishing games now.

win or lose fighting till the end is huge growth.

our last 2 wins were close calls, but i think come bowl time it helps us more than killing nobodies by 40+

I can only imagine how we would be if we were healthier.

Right Cocklover***

Oct 19, 2014, 10:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Right Cocklover***

Oct 20, 2014, 4:33 PM

its not nice to refer to your mother like that. i call her a #### enthusiest

Oct 19, 2014, 10:24 PM

I would be over the moon if this team went 10-2. However if they don't at least these young guys know what it takes to fight and win a close game. That can pay huge dividends in future years. This team is not going to give up when it comes down to a brawl.

If we do, though, I can't help but look back at that night

Oct 20, 2014, 6:33 AM

in Tally and think, what if.

THIS team, THIS year, could have been in the playoff. We were that close.

But still, I like the way the Def is dominating. The offense just needs to regain a bit of the explosiveness we saw when DW was in there. Stoudt can do some of that, let's hope playing some defenses that aren't great allows us to do that and we don't have to sit on the edge of seats with our stomachs in knots with the def needing another stop to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,448
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic