Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Campus Update: Clemson Fraternities could hold social activities starting Oct. 10 if they meet conditions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,014

Campus Update: Clemson Fraternities could hold social activities starting Oct. 10 if they meet conditions

Oct 2, 2014, 8:42 PM

Clemson Fraternities could hold social activities starting Oct. 10 if they meet conditions

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder if All The Pledges and Members Will Get Refunds of

Oct 2, 2014, 8:56 PM

Their "Buy a Friend" Dues? Without Booze and Parties to Rufie the Chicks at What Ever Will They Do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder if All The Pledges and Members Will Get Refunds of

Oct 2, 2014, 10:06 PM

Big TU Couldn't have said it better

Oct 3, 2014, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Wonder if All The Pledges and Members Will Get Refunds of ]

Another loner living in mom's basement huh?

Oct 3, 2014, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Wonder if All The Pledges and Members Will Get Refunds of ]

As a current fraternity member at Clemson, I believe your views on this are outdated and incorrect. These aren't the "Animal House" days of the '70s and '80s in which anything went. Actually, most chapters have strict rules against the use of chapter dues for the purchase of alcohol written into their bylaws. Yes, some dues go towards social events but these are for catering, event center rentals, safe transportation on buses, etc. Most of the money goes towards other purposes, including guest speakers, philanthropic events, brotherhood activities and meals, and national dues.

Your statement on rufieing girls at parties shows a belief in a stereotype not perpetuated by almost all fraternity brothers here at Clemson. Nobody I know in the Greek system here would ever consider doing something like that, and all think that it's morally reprehensible. There may be a couple people out of approximately 1500 fraternity members who are in the wrong in doing so and they should be punished severely. However, I believe that unaffiliated parties are just as likely, if not moreso, to experience these issues due to a lack of rules and oversight. Just a personal opinion there; however, I do encourage you to look a little more into the facts regarding fraternity life at Clemson.

Oct 3, 2014, 11:33 AM

Must be part of Tri-Lambs. LAMBDA LAMBDA LAMBDA?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2014, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Wonder if All The Pledges and Members Will Get Refunds of ]

As a recent Clemson grad I can say I heard plenty of accounts from frat/sorority members experiencing these stereotypical events firsthand.

Forced drinking, forced drug use, sexual challenges to get in the frat, ###### passed out drunk girls, etc...

Strangely I never heard about all the philanthropic stuff they had so many horror stories

so the ban doesn't include univerisity sponsored events, and

Oct 2, 2014, 9:15 PM

only seems to involve a ban regarding events with alcohol.

HAVE THESE PEOPLE NEVER BEEN ON BOWMAN DURING HOMECOMING?

:D lol

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Yeah...I thought that was humorous too.***

Oct 2, 2014, 9:43 PM

nm

I would like to see that list, is there any way we could get

Oct 3, 2014, 9:52 AM

a look at it? Does anybody know?

Re: I would like to see that list, is there any way we could get

Oct 3, 2014, 3:48 PM
image.jpg(71.3 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Oct 3, 2014, 12:46 PM

“Greek life is an integral part of Clemson University and the Clemson experience for our students and the broader campus community. We are working with students to ensure that it continues to flourish.”

Just like she did at Georgia Tech. Ask anyone who was in Greek life while she was there if she helped their system flourish or if she crippled them.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,014
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic