Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Report: FB one of Ole Miss sports under NCAA investigation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,721

Report: FB one of Ole Miss sports under NCAA investigation

Oct 2, 2014, 12:02 PM

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/02/report-football-one-of-ole-miss-sports-under-ncaa-investigation/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC school? Slap on the wrist.

Oct 2, 2014, 12:03 PM

They're glad they're not Ohio State or the real USC

Re: SEC school? Slap on the wrist.

Oct 2, 2014, 12:13 PM

Nothing will happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC school? Slap on the wrist.

Oct 2, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to SEC school? Slap on the wrist. ]

The most hilarious part is that Freeze is one of the dirtiest dogs in the SEC kennel...which is saying quite a lot, actually.

He bought Nkimdiche right out from under us, along with a good many others...he wound up with a Top-5 recruiting class that year...after Ole Miss, not exactly a traditional football superpower, had gone 5-7 the previous year.

But they're not investigating Freeze. LOL.

I really have no idea why NCAA continues to exist.

Do you have actual proof that Freeze is dirty?

Oct 2, 2014, 1:01 PM

People could claim the same about Dabo when we had classes with 5 star kids....not exactly a superpower playing in a has been conference, blah blah,etc.

Freeze is a charismatic guy who is very likable...just like Dabo. Ole Miss is one of the best places to spend your college years so its a likable place.

No one knows if Freeze has cheated or not. RN going there isnt suspicious as his brother was already there and his mom forced his hand. The others kids were the result of hitting on all of their top targets. Last years class wasnt quite as good and neither will this years class.

Im not saying Ole Miss didnt cheat, but to assume they did bc they pulled some good players is wrong.

Go figure Pat Forde is out in front on this one. He loves him a good scandal. If Freeze is dirty then it'll come to light as guys like Forde will stop at nothing to tear a program apart if they can.

Partner! Dabo worked on CJ for well over a year,and that is

Oct 2, 2014, 3:44 PM

certified. Freeze had a 5* who was committed to Alabama for a year, come in and committ over a weekend who had never been there before. He got another 5* that never visited. And we all know about Knemdiche..

There is no comparison between Dabo's recruiting and Ole Miss.

People hate OM and SEC on here...

Oct 2, 2014, 4:58 PM

so opinions are usually skewed.

Freeze worked on those guys for a long time as well. MY point is that people can throw stones at Dabo and Clemson too for pulling guys like Spiller, Steward and Watkins out of FL without knowing the backstory.

Who were the 2 players at OM youre referring to? I dont recall anyone being committed to Bama. Golson was going to FSU, but then opened it back up, took visits and picked OM in the end. I believe all 5 star kids visited on that big weekend they had prior to signing day.

Im not saying those kids arent receiving benefits, but I doubt Freeze is directly involved at all. He has a great product to sell and is a very likable guy....very similar to Dabo when folks take the goggles off. Both have that story of, 'how the heck did that guys end up with that job'....took alternate courses to success.

Re: People hate OM and SEC on here...

Oct 2, 2014, 5:05 PM

It is one thing to lose players to other schools. It is another thing for a player to visit another school and then our coaching staff to back off of them. Some things you just don't want to get involved with.

null

Too much Too soon u can always tell!

Oct 2, 2014, 12:19 PM

NM

Re: Report: FB one of Ole Miss sports under NCAA investigation

Oct 2, 2014, 1:01 PM

Someone at Ole Mi$$ should know that cheating is unnecessary. All you really need is a ChickFila on campus to get the recruits committed.

I only have one thing to say about this

Oct 2, 2014, 1:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlhyX-4qKI

Shocking! SHOCKING, I say!

Oct 2, 2014, 2:00 PM

A dirty program in the SEC? Never.

Well, Lane Kiffen's little brother is head of recruiting...

Oct 2, 2014, 2:02 PM

That's right - when you give a convicted felon a bag of cash and tell him to get the superstars at any cost, it doesn't take long before the NCAA starts to smell something.

On second thought - it actually took the NCAA a little too long...

Re: Well, Lane Kiffen's little brother is head of recruiting...

Oct 2, 2014, 3:30 PM

Well it looks like they forgot about Bama and DJ Fluker .

I knew you would never hear anything about it . Why does the NCAA get to ignore what they choose to ???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before Freeze's time according to the report

Oct 2, 2014, 3:38 PM

""Forde writes, “the current football staff of head coach Hugh Freeze is not believed to be implicated in any major violations, and that much of the football inquiry dates back to actions by a previous Ole Miss staff.”""

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,721
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic