Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts

Oct 2, 2014, 6:24 AM

Thursday Thoughts

Thursday Thoughts
Here are a few thoughts I have on this Thursday:
*It’s nice to see two guys fight their ways out of the doghouse and play the best games of their careers last week. Garry Peters

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts

Oct 2, 2014, 6:36 AM

I don't see how changes in the backfield talent will amount to anything when the offensive line can't make holes. There isn't a RB that can go between the tackles without any form of a hole. They will have to go the CJ Spiller route with outside game and short plays (screens etc..) to get the RB's into the open.

Also, how does Watson's performance this year increase the attraction of high end WR's and TE's recruiting?

Oct 2, 2014, 6:40 AM

That works if we have a TE and WRs who can block down field. There's just too many young bodies at WR to make that happen.

With Peake and Sam back we will get more production from this play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've haven't been able to run outside the tackles all year

Oct 2, 2014, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts ]

The blocking just hasn't been there whether it's been a we jet sweep, hb sweep, quick pitch, option, stretch, etc. It's been the OL, TEs, and WRs - none have blocked well. I have no real evidence to support this but it feels like more than half of those plays have actually gone for negative yardage.

And there's really no reason to give the ball to Hump on those plays either, he just doesn't have the speed and ability to make guys miss that's needed for those plays - especially with poor blocking.

Oct 2, 2014, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts ]

Go back and watch the unc game focus on the rb and oline. You will see there are alot of plays were if the rb makes the right cut we get big gainers. It's more of a rb issue than an ol issue. The ol isn't dominant but it's doing the job. Just because the announces on tv said so doesn't mean that's the issue.

That is partly true

Oct 2, 2014, 11:06 AM

but again, the OL is between average and terrible, depending on the play. The TE's (blocking) have been between terrible and embarrassingly pathetic. WR are between OK (if Hump is on the field) to poor.

Keep in mind, UNC has a dumpster fire for a defense and to say we had holes in their defense is not exactly impressive. Our RB's are a problem: Howard is not a D1 player, CJ has lost a step since last year, Choice is way too slow, Gallman is not a natural runner but has good speed and power. I'm hoping Dye or Oglesby are much better or the staff has missed their evaluation on all these guys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts ]

Well, I respect your opinion, but I just haven't seen an OL that's "doing the job." Just opposite.

Oct 4, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts ]

I agree. It's the OL. Why not start Crowder? He's a beast who plays with attitude. How could things get any worse?

Oct 2, 2014, 6:37 AM

There's no doubt our lack at offensive line is due mostly to medical problems. I'm not one to accuse players of riding a wave but had so many been lost the competition might have produced a little more grit in our run blocking.

#notdumping #chitzhapens #keepinitreelz #lovinmytigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2014, 7:40 AM

Dye-- I would love to see him but I don't expect it medically.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you say you are dying to see him?***

Oct 2, 2014, 10:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM
TO.jpg(21.5 K)

This guy is the answer at running back?

Oct 2, 2014, 8:19 AM

I believe that was a joke, maxwell!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No I think Mickey meant Jaelon Oglesby

Oct 2, 2014, 9:21 AM

Easy to get the two confused, they look very similar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts ]

I hope this stuff is still funny about 7 p.m. tonight.

Me thinks Mackeys thoughts consists of reading the

Oct 2, 2014, 10:57 AM

boreds and regurgitating the popular "thoughts".....

Also, I knew terrence oglesby could shoot some 3's but he's coming back with eligibility to play running back for us? Who knew?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Oct 2, 2014, 11:06 AM

I'm sure he missed a word in his statement "and it’s hard to win games with a decent running game."

Maybe "and it’s hard to win games withOUT a decent running game."

Can you imagine how drunk you'd be after reading one of his

Oct 2, 2014, 11:18 AM

"blogs" if you played a drinking game where you had to drink after every grammatical error?

Oct 2, 2014, 2:41 PM

I gotta believe that with the amount of deep passes we've see from Deshaun, DC will not be able to stack the box to stop the run as often. This should open up the running game some

Oct 4, 2014, 1:09 PM

I sure hope you are right. But, do they really need to stack the box with our OL?

Just saying..

Oct 4, 2014, 1:38 PM

Sounds like, you don't have a clue about RB

lol

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic