Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear any RB recruits who might be looking,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,220

Dear any RB recruits who might be looking,

Oct 1, 2014, 7:10 PM

Remember Derrick Green? What about Dalvin Cook? Marlin Lane? Let's even throw Keith Marshall into this mix...remember him? Ever think they would be a lot better off right now had they come to Clemson? Yeah, me too.
Don't get me wrong: I support all our players, but there's an opportunity for an elite RB to come in and make a serious name for himself pretty quick. Hexl, it's not like we haven't put RBs in the NFL. We've got two starters at the next level right now.
Think about Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!***

Oct 1, 2014, 7:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Dear any RB recruits who might be looking,

Oct 1, 2014, 7:26 PM

POD!!

Here's the guy we need, Jaqcues Patrick 6-1 225 4.5 40

Oct 1, 2014, 7:36 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Jacques-Patrick-132673

PLEASE atleast TRY to go after this guy. He appears an FSU guy and I really would hate to play Gurley 2.0. This fella is big and fast. Just what we need.

Just a thought....

Re: Here's the guy we need, Jaqcues Patrick 6-1 225 4.5 40

Oct 1, 2014, 8:57 PM

I'd say we have a lot of ground to make up on Patrick. It would be nice if the pitch was made though. It's not that our recruiting at RB has been bad. If Bellamy had not completely shxt the bed, we'd be in really good shape. But then again, if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its axs when it hopped either. Cook was even committed for a while last year before he got passed around like a drunken prom date by every school in FL. It's just been really frustrating to watch. Our RBs have had success--three straight years with a 1000-yd rusher, but a truly elite RB is really the last piece of the puzzle for Morris. Can you imagine if Gurley had chosen Clemson? Our offense would be unstoppable. If's don't get you much though.
Choice and Gallman both look like good backs, in much the same way that McDowell was a good back. Do I think that one, or both, of them will be productive here? Yes, but I neither one appear to be elite talents. Not like Ellington--you knew he was going to be great from the start. Howard has looked like a real threat at times, but has never been able to pull it all together. And CJ Davidson is really special for what he is...a former walk-on. I don't think having Brooks in lineup would make a whole lot of difference either. They all play hard and we're lucky to have them, but we really need to land one of these big-time rushers if our offense is going to reach its full potential. Go get one, coaches.

Re: Here's the guy we need, Jaqcues Patrick 6-1 225 4.5 40

Oct 1, 2014, 9:02 PM

I think Gallman needs some work but has the tools to be really special.

Elijah Hood says hello too...that would have been fantastic.***

Oct 1, 2014, 7:49 PM

Didn't think we were recruiting any running backs this year.

Oct 1, 2014, 7:53 PM

Which is crazy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM

And there were times when I thought we would get Gurley ( the UGA one) and Hood.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 8:22 PM

There are also some horses that will be blocking for you over the next 4+ yrs!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 9:02 PM

the staff has told feaster that he is their guy and they will not take any rb's in this recruiting cycle and he will be the back they take and want next year. they are listing ray ray as an athlete, but if they miss he could play rb or wr. but according to those close to feaster he will be a tiger.

Oct 1, 2014, 9:11 PM

We need to keep him away from Sakerlina. They've been smoking us on recruiting in-state RBs lately. Feaster would be a huge get. Watson, Williams, Scott, Legget, Feaster, and all that meat on the OL...now THAT'S an offense.

Oct 1, 2014, 9:12 PM

Pretty sure Feaster is all but a certainty.

Oct 1, 2014, 9:48 PM

We need help next year if not this year. These rb are terrible. There is still hope for choice and Gallman but if they can't beat out what we have put on the field we are in trouble.

Oct 1, 2014, 10:00 PM

I think we'll be better off next year w Dye and Brooks back and Choice and Gallman with a years experience. But getting Feaster in next year's class is paramount.

Oct 1, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Dear any RB recruits who might be looking, ]

I'm looking forward to seeing what CJ Fuller is about, personally and Dye as well.

But yeah, FEASTER, for us and no more phantom RB famine!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Dear any RB recruits who might be looking, ]

Forgot some.... Cain, McCloud, Bell, Thompson, Richard, Garrett.... we are 1 stud RB from being one of the most prolific offenses, ever!

Two words

Oct 1, 2014, 9:09 PM

Mike Bellamy

Yep...no telling how good he'd be if he had kept his head on

Oct 1, 2014, 11:53 PM

straight.

Re: Yep...no telling how good he'd be if he had kept his head on

Oct 2, 2014, 1:54 AM

Imagine a line with Hyatt, Green, Fruhmorgen, and Crowder in 2016 (or another combination). You have Scott, Williams, and Cane lined up to run their routes. Watson in the shotgun. Dye and Ray Ray in the backfield. Defense thinks we are going to a WR and we see a direct snap to Ray Ray. The beef on the line open up a space big enough for a car. Ray Ray takes it to the house.

Man, I just threw that out there and we still have WRs Kitt, Bell, Thompson, and Van Smith (who I don't believe will be a RB). Then we also may have Oglesby who I believe will either be moved to WR or a DB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep...no telling how good he'd be if he had kept his head on

Oct 2, 2014, 8:21 AM

Would Oglesby not be used similar to McCloud?

Not saying they are exactly the same, just seems we could sub those two in and out for each other when needed.

Re: Two words

Oct 2, 2014, 2:11 AM [ in reply to Two words ]

H&ll no!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about the kid from Spartanburg?

Oct 1, 2014, 10:19 PM

looks like a pretty good player

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,220
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic