Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shocking! Jameis Winston an embarrassment to his hometown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,820

Shocking! Jameis Winston an embarrassment to his hometown

Oct 1, 2014, 6:50 PM

I can't say that I blame them! He's an embarrassment to humanity!

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201409/jameis-winston-has-disgraced-his-hometown

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Shocking! Jameis Winston an embarrassment to his hometown

Oct 1, 2014, 7:53 PM

He is an embarrassment beyond that

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No defense of Winston, but I'm always leary of bold

Oct 2, 2014, 6:08 AM

headlines hardly supported by appropriate research by the writer(s.)

Both articles largely cite two references, rather than a respectable cross-section of residents of the community. The authors then make the bold assumption that the community has turned against Winston.

It is probable that some residents would be upset; some would not be; others never supported him; a few just don't give a d@mn. That would probably be the case in any community.

My problem with the pervasive presence of the media is the inclusion of many so-called journalists who are hacks at best, downright unqualified embarrassments to the profession at worst.

Both of these cited articles are highly suspect...and I believe that despite my opinions of Mr. Winston.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's on the internet, you know it's got to be true.

Oct 2, 2014, 6:22 AM

Diogenes would still be seeking. The difference now is that each day fewer seem to care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for your reference to Diogenes, the ultimate cynic.

Oct 2, 2014, 6:33 AM

I sometimes wonder if the fast-paced society we have developed has given rise to our unwillingness to discern carefully all the information thrown our way.

Blind sheep leading sheep comes to mind.

And Good Morning to you, CT88. Hope you're enjoying the upstate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no jw fan either, but those articles are fitsnews-worthy***

Oct 2, 2014, 6:31 AM [ in reply to No defense of Winston, but I'm always leary of bold ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

LOL....Which may beg the question: how quickly will

Oct 2, 2014, 6:35 AM

those mavens of respectable journalism pounce on the stories?

Re: LOL....Which may beg the question: how quickly will

Oct 2, 2014, 6:43 AM

Please quantify "mavens of respectable journalism."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seven.

Oct 2, 2014, 6:46 AM

hth ahead of time.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The FitsNews' people

Oct 2, 2014, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL....Which may beg the question: how quickly will ]

wouldn't win beauty awards...IMO, of course.

What they may lack in journalistic integrity is made up in brassiness, albeit somewhat dullish in appearance to some, plain old nasty-looking tarnish to others.

Shameis has disgraced F$U and college football!*

Oct 2, 2014, 6:47 AM

nm

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

"..his coaches (haven't held him accountable)"

Oct 2, 2014, 8:29 AM

Are you listening, Jimbo?

Re: Shocking! Jameis Winston an embarrassment to his hometown

Oct 2, 2014, 9:14 AM

fwiw: I love ~ 10 miles from Hueytown AL (his hometown) and I have heard reports from individuals that have encountered Winston at different local events, and it's not good. They all despise the guy. Apparently Winston has a younger brother and Winston goes to some of his events, but manages to show his true colors and ticks people off. I have not personally met the guy and have no desire to, but locals here in this area aren't really happy to claim him. Even my motorcycle riding buddy that graduated from Hueytown HS doesn't care to discuss him. I'm sure they would be proud if Winston was normal - but I'm not seeing it.

Not defending him but wouldn't he already be on the local

Oct 2, 2014, 9:58 AM

bad guy list for not going to an Alabama school like the Tide or Auburn?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,820
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic