Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OSU Rock Bottom slammed fan was 4th year student....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

OSU Rock Bottom slammed fan was 4th year student....

Oct 1, 2014, 4:25 PM

who lost his scholly in lieu of field storm:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11622105/anthony-wunder-ohio-state-student-ran-turf-loses-scholarship

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OSU Rock Bottom slammed fan was 4th year student....

Oct 1, 2014, 4:31 PM

If Jameis Winston can rape, pillage and steal and remain in school, on scholarship then this young made should be allowed to finish school under scholarship. IMO. That coach that body slammed the kid should be charged with aggravated assault. He iwas severely reprimanded by Urban Meyer...he deserves it. Security should have taken care of the situation, that"s what they are there gore.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 4:36 PM

One has nothing to do w the other. 100000 people there and only this j erk tries this. Next week 20 or 40 will if you don't send a clear message this won't be tolerated

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU Rock Bottom slammed fan was 4th year student.... ]

1. The Evans Scholly is a private scholarship. They can do what they well please.

2. The coach was not severely admonished by Meyer.

3. You seem like really unhappy, weenie liberal...

good day

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Oct 1, 2014, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU Rock Bottom slammed fan was 4th year student.... ]

Why should he be reprimanded? For all he know the kid has a knife, gun, bomb, etc. and is willing to hurt someone. Security was no where to be seen from what I could tell. It's a public safety issue...it's not like the kid was walking down the street or something.

Boy, aren't you the brainwashed one."He's a Terrrristt!!!"***

Oct 1, 2014, 4:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boy, aren't you the brainwashed one."He's a Terrrristt!!!"***

Oct 1, 2014, 5:40 PM

Lol, I am brainwashed for thinking that someone jumping onto the field of play is a safety hazard? The point I was trying to make is that I see nothing wrong with the coaches actions.

Oct 1, 2014, 6:06 PM

You don't have kids do you. If you did, it would make your blood boil in your veins to see someone put their hands on your kid Like he did. I wouldn't have been able to control myself if someone done that to one of mine. He is a kid that ran on a FB field. You don't try and injure them for it. You punish, but never with physical harm that could and do cause injury.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 7:41 PM

I would hope my children aren't ######### that run onto a playing field of any live sporting event that they are not participating in. The kid deserved to be handled with force.

Lemme guess...

Oct 1, 2014, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Boy, aren't you the brainwashed one."He's a Terrrristt!!!"*** ]

Whenever your kid got in trouble at school, you thought you were just "being supportive" when you constantly deflected blame from them? Because that's the kind of person you sound like.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Boy, aren't you the brainwashed one."He's a Terrrristt!!!"*** ]

If I did something stupid like that and got my ### slammed, my parents would give that coach a high five and a beer.

He ran onto a football field with a sideline full of A type

Oct 1, 2014, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Boy, aren't you the brainwashed one."He's a Terrrristt!!!"*** ]

men who make a living teaching kids to be violent. What did he think would happen? He should have waited and pulled that during a tennis match.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Classless reference considering the stabbing

Oct 1, 2014, 8:27 PM

Of Monica Seles

Oct 1, 2014, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Boy, aren't you the brainwashed one."He's a Terrrristt!!!"*** ]

Bet he won't ever do it again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2014, 4:35 AM

Some of you are truly imbeciles. This clown runs on the field: Guess what? It's open season on your @ss. Once you make the moronic decision to run onto a field during a sporting event, you deserve whatever you have coming to you. And for you sensitive "parents" worried the someone handled your little boy with too much force... Well, you get no sympathy from parents who are raising their kids the right way-- teaching them not to be idiots. Some of you amaze me.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really not see an issue with a coach

Oct 2, 2014, 1:06 PM

body-slamming a student? You don't think it was a little over the top?

You amaze me.

I think everyone agrees that whatever happens once you decide to run on to the field is your fault; however, it certainly is not "open season" on any student. He didn't wrestle him to the ground; he tried to destroy the kid. It was truly a pathetic attempt to impress his players and relive some memories from his playing days.

Again, you amaze me, tough guy. Don't act so obtuse where you can't tell the difference between restraining someone and trying to hurt them.

He was contained and obviously not a serious threat

Oct 1, 2014, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Boy, aren't you the brainwashed one."He's a Terrrristt!!!"*** ]

There was no need for the coach act like Rambo and body slam him.

Re: He was contained and obviously not a serious threat

Oct 1, 2014, 8:42 PM

He was not contained at that point.

To say he was not a serious threat is foolish, you never really can know for sure. The stabbing of Monica Seles that you mentioned in a previous post is a prime example of how these people can be dangerous.

Re: He was contained and obviously not a serious threat

Oct 1, 2014, 10:06 PM

Maybe coaching staffs should be allowed to carry weapons. Then he could have just shot him and removed all threat.

Sarcasm aside, I don't think the slam was necessary. Rudely shoved off the field and handed to the Po Po would have been enough.

If he had a "knife, gun, bomb, etc." he was probably in the

Oct 1, 2014, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU Rock Bottom slammed fan was 4th year student.... ]

safest place he could be for anyone involved. Your "IF" clearly demonstrates a brainwashed predilection to extremist overreaction to a schoolboy prank. Sure it was stupid but never was it threatening except for the authoritarian regime. Maybe he should have streaked and they could charge him for a sex crime. Would that have made the Dudley Do-Rights happier?

Re: If he had a "knife, gun, bomb, etc." he was probably in the

Oct 1, 2014, 10:44 PM

A non-participant on the playing field is not the safest place for anyone to be. He has a ticket to be in the stands and that is where he should be. The moment he steps on the field he should be treated as a danger to others, period. There is no gray area here like there is with things such as pass-outs at halftime (that conversation can be saved for another day).

My IF statement never represented a brainwashed predilection to extremist overreaction to a schoolboy prank, rather a hypothetical situation to the scenario at hand. The coach had no idea of his intentions, and neither did any of us. He reacted swiftly and took matters into his own hands, and frankly I commend him for it.

If the coach is charged with assault shouldn't the student

Oct 1, 2014, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU Rock Bottom slammed fan was 4th year student.... ]

be charged with trespassing?

It's pretty clear that fans are not allowed on the field when the game is going on. That's kind of one reason we have cops on the field.

He was charged w/ trespassing & UM did tell SC to not do it

Oct 1, 2014, 4:55 PM

He was charged w/ trespassing & UM did tell SC to not do it again for possible future litigation.

Oct 1, 2014, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU Rock Bottom slammed fan was 4th year student.... ]

The same people who cry about the "wussification of America" will laud this move as brilliant. Ironically, the same type of thinking leads to both this decision and ones that we characterize as "coddling."

Oct 1, 2014, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU Rock Bottom slammed fan was 4th year student.... ]

I was just saying how lucky he was that wasn't my son he slammed into the ground like that. Kids do dumb stupid chit, but you don't try and cause them injury b/c of it. And yes, security should have handled the situation. I hope the kids parents sue the chit out of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God I wish we could sue people for stupid TNet comments***

Oct 1, 2014, 8:20 PM

That's sarcasm by the way because you immediately jump to litigation after some idiot was deservedly put in his place.

Oct 1, 2014, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU Rock Bottom slammed fan was 4th year student.... ]

Aggravated assault? No weapon was involved.

Oct 1, 2014, 4:41 PM

Don't the cops/security guys stand FACING the crowd to prevent this stuff? What happened with that process? FAIL! FIRE SOMEBODY!

He should have just claimed he was trying to do his best

Oct 1, 2014, 4:54 PM

Charlie Baughman impersonation without a uniform....

Kid had it coming

Oct 1, 2014, 11:34 PM

Monica Seles got stabbed in the back by some wacko who "just ran on the field (court)." Her tennis career was never the same after that.

There's no way to tell the intentions of someone who runs out there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^not the first OSU coach to assault a student***

Oct 2, 2014, 5:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic