Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
another KJ article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 347

another KJ article

Oct 1, 2014, 11:49 AM

Philadelphia's K.J. McDaniels takes bold approach to rookie deal
Adrian Wojnarowski
By Adrian Wojnarowski 52 minutes ago Yahoo Sports

Philadelphia's K.J. McDaniels, the 32nd overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft, made a bold decision on his rookie contract, agreeing to a one-year, non-guaranteed tender that could make him a restricted free agent next July.

McDaniels’ agent, Mark Bartelstein, wouldn't accept the 76ers’ structure of two guaranteed contract seasons that included two non-guaranteed seasons in years three and four of the deal. The 76ers have had success using these contracts to control young players’ service and flipping the non-guaranteed seasons into valuable trade chips.

McDaniels, a talented offensive prospect, could get a significant offer sheet in July that the 76ers would have to match in order to re-sign him. Just to make McDaniels the qualifying offer to become a restricted free agent – as opposed to losing him as an unrestricted free agent – Philadelphia would have to guarantee McDaniels $1.2 million next season. That's more than other second-round picks are scheduled to make.

"The 76ers have a philosophy that they're adhering to, and we totally respect that, but it doesn't fit for K.J. and us," Bartelstein told Yahoo Sports on Wednesday morning. "I just totally disagree with the idea of doing a four-year deal that includes a structure of two non-guaranteed years. We think K.J. is going to be a good player, and it came down to doing a one-year deal and letting the market determine his value.

"There's no hard feelings. The Sixers’ philosophy has worked for them. It just doesn't work for us."

McDaniels will make $507,000 this season – less than his peers – but his ability for significant earning power over the next several years is unmatched among second-round picks.

McDaniels will join the 76ers training camp today at Richard Stockton College in New Jersey.

McDaniels left Clemson after a junior season in which he led the team in scoring (17.1 points per game), rebounds (7.1 points per game), blocked shots (100) and steals (41).

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/philadelphia-s-k-j--mcdaniels-takes-bold-approach-to-rookie-deal-143327281.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

i look for him to make an impact immediately***

Oct 1, 2014, 11:51 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: another KJ article

Oct 1, 2014, 12:53 PM

Thankful it is Richard Stockton college. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 347
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic