Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
now that we have finally agreed that alumni are better fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1,988

now that we have finally agreed that alumni are better fans

Oct 1, 2014, 10:07 AM

The next question is who is the better fan.

The alumnus who was trained to be a fan by their primary and secondary care givers since birth who chose their school because they didn't know anything different

Or

the alumnus who didn't have a clue about colleges or their athletic programs and chose thier school after their college evaluation process..

Or

The alumnus who only chose their school based off their pass out policy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: now that we have finally agreed that alumni are better fans

Oct 1, 2014, 10:09 AM

not an alumni but i will put my fan card against any goober on this board. 35 years of hardly ever missing a game, home and away, will stand the test of time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was that an option?

Oct 1, 2014, 10:12 AM

I don't think that was an option

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: was that an option?

Oct 2, 2014, 3:26 PM

Yep just like going to the big 12

Where is that picture from a few years ago - guy in purple

Oct 1, 2014, 10:17 AM

wearing his ring, holding his diploma and Heisman donor car sticker. I thought it was officially determined that was a "true fan" and everyone else was a pretender/fair weather fan.

Was that CUATFL?***

Oct 1, 2014, 10:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Possibly - I know it was photoshopped***

Oct 1, 2014, 10:35 AM

Re: Was that CUATFL?***

Oct 1, 2014, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Was that CUATFL?*** ]

No it was not me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 10:25 AM

After a game that had so much powder blue in the "alumni " seats I'm surprised you'd even bring up the topic.

Oct 1, 2014, 2:19 PM

Yep, that's the better fan alright. And just watch the big time Alumni fans and who are sitting in their seats when the coots come to town. I'm not an Alumni, but the crack of a coot A$S would never cast a shadow on a seat of mine if I had one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do they wear their big time alumni shirts

Oct 1, 2014, 2:58 PM

Cause they are NOT suppose to. It's in the big time alumni double secret handbook.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm goimg with the first option***

Oct 1, 2014, 10:31 AM

Oct 1, 2014, 10:38 AM

I'm going with D) The alumnus who finally breaks away from a long lineage of Gamecocks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to think about that juan***

Oct 1, 2014, 10:39 AM

I find non-alumni...

Oct 1, 2014, 10:46 AM

to actually be better fans.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 10:51 AM

I'm not qualified to answer. I'm only related by marriage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know is that if you don't know whether I am

Oct 1, 2014, 2:23 PM

better Clemson fan or not, then maybe your best course… would be to tread lightly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 1, 2014, 2:33 PM

lol - Having grown up in Greenville, I wanted to go to Furman, but could not afford it. I then wanted to go to NCSU because they had an actual MAJOR in Computer Science and CLEMSON only had that as a MINOR, but I could not afford out-of-state. Being poor saved me from all of that and I am blessed to have made the right choice by simple elimination. I still love Furman though.

That said - I am still poor and cannot attend every game like some do. But I prefer to watch the games alone anyway, because I scare people when I almost leap thru the roof when we make horrific plays. And I use words that may or may not exist in this galaxy. Anyway - I like to think I'm still a fan, but just in my own way. :)

Here's the standard.

Oct 1, 2014, 2:34 PM

My baby boy was born my Jr year at Clemson. He's a now a Sr who turned down an almost full academic scholarship to Penn for a beg and borrow scholarship at Clemson. He's made the Dean's list and would probably stay at Clemson for the entire shooting match if Clemson had a law school.

I just stumbled in Clemson drunk one day and remember what I'd forgotten. I'd forgotten to finish school. I liked what I saw at Clemson so I stay a few years and got a degree. I ain't much but I'm all orange and all in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 2:36 PM

I wonder where the Clemson Football Program would be if only you wonderful Alumni went to games or contributed.

Oct 1, 2014, 2:40 PM

fwiw: I'm retiring next year and moving back to SC. I plan to start attending games next year. Heck - I might even attend a baseball game, which has to be the most boring game on the planet. Not sure about basketball though. I'm not sure if I could stomach how badly they play. JMO on bball though. I'm sure there are fans that think our bball team is really da bomb.

I imagine somewhere between Duke and

Oct 1, 2014, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: now that we have finally agreed that alumni are better fans ]

Alabama

Oct 1, 2014, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: now that we have finally agreed that alumni are better fans ]

I can't understand this crap of who is the better fan. When I see tiger fans,wherever, I could care less if they are Alumni. The fact that they choose to be in the Clemson Family is good enough for me! We have a big,big Family and it's growing bigger everyday!

Oct 2, 2014, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: now that we have finally agreed that alumni are better fans ]

I am sure we wouldn't be the same place without our non- alumni fans. Thanks to everyone that loves and supports the Tigers. Like I posted earlier, this Clemson Family is big enough for any and every body!

This is a fun topic.

Oct 2, 2014, 2:17 PM

I guess everyone here on t-net thinks they are the best fan so lets see who can shout the loudest.

Bottom line is both sides have some wonderful fans and both sides have some crappy fans.

Ceterus Paribus the alumnus wins. You can never accuse an alumnus of being a fair weather fan. I always use this argument with the sole South Carolina fan in my office, he went to Winthrop though. You can always end the argument with "If it's so great why didn't you go to South Carolina?"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I was fortunate enough to have a Dad that told

Oct 2, 2014, 2:44 PM

me he'd pay for me to go to college anywhere I wanted to go, so long as it was Clemson. Unfortunately, my grandfather never had the money to attend college, (the depression, 1st of 13 children, and having to drop out of elementary school to help provide for his siblings) but I defy you to find a more die hard CU fan. I don't know who, "agreed" alumni make better fans, but I'll take any fan who truly loves CU and shows up to games and yells their @$$€$ off. Rediculous and shameful post to whoever originally started this nonsense. Not aimed at you GeeVille....unless I'm misinterpreting your post as being sarcasm.

Re: Well, I was fortunate enough to have a Dad that told

Oct 2, 2014, 3:36 PM

My sarcasm meter hit the Red Zone instantly on this thread. I'm pretty sure it still works.

Lol! +1.....I was hoping mine wasn't broken***

Oct 2, 2014, 4:05 PM

Oct 2, 2014, 3:50 PM

Not an alumni. I've met plenty of alumni who can't name a single offensive lineman and non-alumni fans who can tell you every player on the roster, height, weight, strengths and weaknesses...and game results from 20 years back...

...and vice versa.

I knowed you made your post tongue in cheek, and that's fortunate considering there is literally no correlation. And it's even harder to affirm because of course the thousands of alums over the years who never showed an iota of support for the football program tend not to be the ones who hang on the Tigerboreds.

I wasn't trained by my parents

Oct 2, 2014, 4:08 PM

I trained them. Seriously. They didn't pay attention to college football until I became a Clemson fan. To this day they call me after every game though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1,988
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic