Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Different topic- WE NEED NEW STADIUM SPEAKERS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Different topic- WE NEED NEW STADIUM SPEAKERS

Sep 30, 2014, 5:25 PM

With the Hill entrance being such a huge part of our program, it's embarrassing how poor the audio is when video plays leading up to teams arrival. That's not a hard fix so fix it or stop playimg the video. I

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought these were new***

Sep 30, 2014, 5:26 PM

Re: I thought these were new***

Sep 30, 2014, 5:27 PM

If they are they need to get their money back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If so, we need a refund. I thought it was just me but have

Sep 30, 2014, 5:28 PM [ in reply to I thought these were new*** ]

talked to many that say they can't hear either.

Re: Different topic- WE NEED NEW STADIUM SPEAKERS

Sep 30, 2014, 5:27 PM

http://www.jblpro.com/press/Oct12/JBL_Clemson.pdf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are terrible.***

Sep 30, 2014, 5:29 PM

i just provide the news; may be there saturday & will pay

Sep 30, 2014, 5:30 PM

more attention.

could it be directional, i haven't heard too many complaints. not saying you're wrong in any way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May be just where I sit- south lower 25 yd line near Hill***

Sep 30, 2014, 5:35 PM

Sep 30, 2014, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Different topic- WE NEED NEW STADIUM SPEAKERS ]

I'm a sound guy and trust me, it's not the speakers. These JBL line arrays units are as good as it gets in the industry. HOWEVER, it is also a requirement that these are setup correctly, EQs, delays absolutely MUST be set properly. Also the mix person "running the board" MUST know what they are doing, levels, compression, individual EQ as to who is speaking all mean everything.

It's all about the human running it. Crap can be made to sound golden...solid gold can be made to sound like crap.

What

Sep 30, 2014, 5:33 PM

We just put new ones in when we put up the new screen.

I haven't been to a game this year but made it down to several last year and was impressed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found it.

Sep 30, 2014, 5:36 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10893

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must be too close because I thought bad last year too***

Sep 30, 2014, 5:36 PM [ in reply to What ]

Poor audio compared to what? I have a some background

Sep 30, 2014, 5:42 PM

knowledge in audio and in my opinion the sound in DV is very good. First thing to understand is you're talking about an outdoor venue where you can't control the acoustics. Second thing is your target audience for the audio is spread out over a huge area (you're also dealing with an attempt to keep the audio the same quality and at the same levels all across the stadium, which is difficult). All of those people, listening to the same source, what do you expect? Is it the quality of an outdoor concert, probably not but completely different equipment is used in that case. I dare you to go to an away game and compare the audio you hear there to Clemson's. DV is the best around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

USA Today polled the nation- Death Valley #1 in nation.

Sep 30, 2014, 5:45 PM

Don't tinker with a single thing

Message was edited by: Tickled Orange®

Re: USA Today polled the nation- Death Valley #1 in nation.

Sep 30, 2014, 7:10 PM

they have a new audio system at bank of america stadium and it goes around the stadium, so its like surround sound and its exactly what we need.. i sit in the west endzone and cant hear anything and during the pregame when the national anthem or alma mater are being played there is always someone screaming from the new part of the west endzone in the breezeway simply because there are no speakers there..note to the admin i can make a few tweaks here or there that can put our place over the top just ask

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USA Today polled the nation- Death Valley #1 in nation.

Sep 30, 2014, 8:33 PM

West zone here too. Same complaint.

Sep 30, 2014, 6:54 PM

Are you 80 years old or older? That could have something to do with it

I don't care about music. Go to Bama & listen to Bear intro

Sep 30, 2014, 9:14 PM

when he comes on the screen. The whole #### stadium can hear him and hear him very well. We spotlight the Hill as the best entrance in college football and I believe that but if we are going to do it, do it right where everybody can hear it.

Oct 1, 2014, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Different topic- WE NEED NEW STADIUM SPEAKERS ]

I completely agree..I say it every week, "to be new speakers, these suck" I can never hear the intro. And no, I'm not 80, I'm 39. UGA was MUCH better sound than us

Oct 1, 2014, 12:43 AM

I know these are top of the line speakers..it's got to be how it's setup/whoevers running the board. And while I'm on whoevers running it...the music selection sucks..I mean, you played Taylor Swift last week??

I work in the AV industry...

Sep 30, 2014, 7:28 PM

And a LARGE part of what we do are system installs in stadiums, churches, performing arts centers and such.

I'd have to say that tuning a sound system to have the right EQ and delay times is difficult, and even more difficult working in an outdoor environment.

That being said, there are many companies out there who do it and do it well. Daktronics is NOT one of them. They started in the industry as digital signage experts--and specialize in scoreboards and stadium ribbons and such. (I think we'd all agree that these were major improvements in Death Valley...).

HOWEVER...they formed a sound division of their company to help secure bids on larger projects. They bought out a speaker company and started to advertise it as a product of Daktronics. The speakers they use are insufficient, and the coverage of the stands is fairly weak. You will not "feel" the music with long-throw speakers that are mounted to the scoreboard.

Long story short...Daktronics is known for their scoreboards and digital signage, and not for their sound quality.

Death Valley rocks compared to some other college stadiums....But there are certainly better systems out there.

Agree...

Sep 30, 2014, 7:54 PM

From our seats, we have to strain to hear anything. While I gather that it's not as bad closer to the hill, it really should be better throughout the whole stadium before we go claiming "state of the art" or "best there is" or other adjectives that were seemingly thrown about when they announced this system. From where we are, nothing perceptibly changed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need a better design. Smaller speakers

Sep 30, 2014, 8:05 PM

spread out strategically around the stadium vs. the 'wall of sound' in the end zone.

Of course I wouldn't care if they just turned them off completely.

Sep 30, 2014, 8:06 PM

Why are all the speakers on the scoreboard? Seems like they would have speakers throughout the stadium.

Sep 30, 2014, 8:07 PM

Music bumps in section k.

Yep. I'm in K too. Between the speakers and the band

Sep 30, 2014, 8:12 PM

we get blasted all night.

Sat in Sec Q row NN Saturday Night and the sound was fine

Sep 30, 2014, 8:21 PM

When are we going to get the Beats by Dre speakers?...

Sep 30, 2014, 9:28 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2014, 9:51 PM

I remember the first game after they upgraded the sound system. The sound was awesome, u could hear everything. After that game & since then its been horrible. I sit in the westzone & it sounds like Charlie Browns teacher is talking. We sent the AD dept an email last week & they were suppose to come to our area during the game to check on the sound.

Sep 30, 2014, 9:54 PM

The speakers sound great compared to previous years!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Sep 30, 2014, 9:58 PM

Call Dapper Dan....he's the man with the checkbook....

As a EE from engineering school, it is a bit troubling :)***

Sep 30, 2014, 10:31 PM

Sep 30, 2014, 11:10 PM

Come and sit in TDL and tell me that we need new speakers. It's unreal loud up there. They need a way to direct the sound more towards the masses, instead of it seeming to focus on the sound traveling out of the top sides of the big screen towards the B & K sections.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Sep 30, 2014, 11:11 PM

Absolutely. The speakers are awful. There needs to be 2 big speakers a piece on the TV's in the west endzone. You cant hear the entrance video or anything else for that matter.

Sep 30, 2014, 11:13 PM

Hate to say it but the coots blow us away in this area. There board is bigger and you can hear there video. Must match them in everything. They can never be better than us. So don't let them.

Sep 30, 2014, 11:16 PM

The music is generally fine. Its the talking on the videos that's the problem. Music will carry. Speaking words doesn't.

Sep 30, 2014, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Different topic- WE NEED NEW STADIUM SPEAKERS ]

The Coots blow us away in asphalt steam and axle grease stained wifebeaters.
That is all .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Agree

Oct 1, 2014, 12:31 AM

I sit near the west stands and the audio is so muffled you can't understand it. My hearing is perfect

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2014, 12:57 AM

The board needs to be expanded out to the next brick colum on each side. Next time in stadium look and you will see what mean. Should have been part of the upgrades.

I can bring my iPod and Bose SoundDock

Oct 1, 2014, 1:53 AM

Willing to help where needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Those speakers are brand new.

Oct 1, 2014, 10:43 AM

They test the sound system every Friday afternoon before a home game. The bass is so loud it shakes windows on the other side of campus.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic